Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Can't expand because can't get parts.....help

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by qprpaul View Post
    OK - The Halloween event lasts 3 weeks. I am going to take a risk that the bridge won't become available during this event.
    Once the bridge does become available, if it similar to last time, you don't need expansion parts straight away.

Therefore I have decided to purge all my expansion parts on the basis, that within a month, I will probably have restocked sufficent to do the bridge (I will fill orders quicker with the spare capacity).

Even if the bridge becomes available straight after the halloween event, it might be wise (for me) to then only expand to Chesterfield Castle given how long it may take to get parts to open it - which will allow time to restock further for future expansion.

Deep breath - here we go.....
    OK - my assumption (about the bridge not becoming available until after the Halloween event) was wrong, but the strategy worked for me - with the spare inventory it was a lot more fun to play, I could do orders much quicker and did indeed restock enough parts to complete both bridges and expand a little further.

Anyone considering purging expansion parts I would still do it even with the bridges available.

One word of caution against though - to expand up from the City Harbour bridge you do need 8 of each expansion item per square.

Rhino Keeper
    I've been trying to like this game, but it has some major flaws. To keep playing, you need to send orders, but when you've mastered the business, you need to build new ones - which require space. Since you can't get enough parts to expand, you store businesses, which reduces your score. I think I have 8 business in storage now with nowhere to put them. Frustrating.

Never played a game where you got backed into a corner so easily, over and over.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112