Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choosing new shops

Executive Chef
    I was wondering that too. I'm one who absolutely hates having multiples of the same thing when I can have lots of different things so I only have 1 of each business so far. And I can't have the same color/style houses too close to each other....I'm constantly rearranging this game!
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Fashion Designer
    I start with 1, then 2 of each that I have permits for. Once I've got 2 each and no new ones available I check to see how many businesses I'm working and if I'll be Leveling up. If I have a lot working then I'll hold off on getting the third of something and just work the other businesses. I'm currently near to leveling to 17. I wish we could visit other cities.

The thing to keep in mind is that you can buy the high rises and place 4 - 10 of the duplicates in buildings that only need 2-4 spots and must touch the road in only one spot.

Farm Supplier
    I was doing that at first but it was turtling myself because mastering shops is how you get leveled up, coins and needed parts.

Instead I just make sure I have 1 of each shop available and then I get basically the same shop in each category so I can remember which to put in storage when I need space. IE Once I've mastered all available Dining Businesses, I just make Beefy Kings will all my yellow permits until I level up and can get a new shop unlocked. It makes it easier to remember which to put in storage. I take them out to level up my City Hall, then put them back in once it's started upgrading.

I avoid making more than one of shops that take 2 plots.

Fashion Designer
    I keep some shops around town that I like the look of or that make sense to have in a specific area (coffee next to a subway entrance ). Other than that I keep building the same shop because it goes to storage and doing that gives less clutter. Right now I have 14 Huntington Socks shops in storage with 2 more coming soon

Farm Supplier
    Hard to avoid duplicating in the early stages but yes you can store 'invisibly' once you get dept stores and office buildings. I'm officially nuts (warning) so I have a whole narrative in my head. So...

Dept stores house businesses that you would normally find in dept stores so clothes, shoes, gifts, jewellery... A few suitable food outlets
    Offices house other businesses - but in my head it's their admin centres/head offices.

But yea I hated having duplicates on the board in the early stages. Happy now to mostly have only one except things you'd expect more than one of but keep them far away from each other. I'm aiming for a seaside resort type town (like I grew up in) so loving the big wheel and have the fish restaurants and ice cream parlours on the sea front, high street type shops town centre, leisure places outskirts, mayors mansion the old chesterfield gardens right on the edges in the quieter parts. Nuts right?

Farm Supplier
    Getting harder to have the city how I want it due to the huge number of mastery stars required to reach next level. Fed up building duplicates of businesses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12