Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choosing new shops

Choosing new shops

Hello
    I am new to this game, only been playing for a few days, and so far I love it. There is something about all the busy work that appeals to me.
    I'm up to level 8, and have noticed that until I level up, there are no new businesses for me to buy, but I have permits, so I could buy 2nd ones of what I already have. Sorry, not sure if that made sense. So, for example, I have 1 Farmer's Market, and the option to open a 2nd one.
    What I wanted to ask - is your opinion - should I wait to level up and get a different shop that I don't have yet, or is part of the strategy normal to get a few of each shop. Again, for eg, I could have 3 Berry Delicious shops, or wait until I level up to get a Hot Dogs.
    Just wondering what everyone else is doing

New Resident
    Sounds like you are doing great! I was hoarding permits waiting for new shops to become available but found that it took far too long to make money. If you have three shops or more wanting orders you can usually craft lots of different things in a small amount of time instead of waiting to fill one order before starting another. I say choose whichever buildings you feel are nice to look at, I did!

Fashion Designer
    I had to buy multiple shops because it is the only way to make money, possibly get a drop of a rare item and give me something to do. It is dumb though. This game could be fun but needs some changes.

Grand Emperor
    There's no need to save up on permits and wait for new shops. I dont. I just get the existing shops when I'm done with mastery and the game will give me a new permit. You get to earn more coins by doing the orders. When you get a new shop and if you are out of permits, just complete mastering the existing shops to get more permits.

Fashion Designer
    I like this game. But not being able to store mastered shops or you lose stars is annoying. I'm running out of room to build houses. They need to change this, after you master a shop you should be allowed to store it away without being docked stars.

Rhino Keeper
    Help? Lots of my new buildings have a roadway icon and insist I add roads. How do I make this icon go away?

Executive Chef
    All buildings need to have an adjacent road (and that road needs to be attached to the others to lead back to the train station). Until they are on a road, you won't get credit for the people if it's a house or civic building.

I need more space! How can I get expansion parts when my citizens have stopped greeting me on the sidewalk?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pipipooh1977 View Post
    I like this game. But not being able to store mastered shops or you lose stars is annoying. I'm running out of room to build houses. They need to change this, after you master a shop you should be allowed to store it away without being docked stars.
    I haven't had a problem yet, my city is upgrading to 13 now. I have 245/185 stars required to upgrade.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    All buildings need to have an adjacent road (and that road needs to be attached to the others to lead back to the train station). Until they are on a road, you won't get credit for the people if it's a house or civic building.

I need more space! How can I get expansion parts when my citizens have stopped greeting me on the sidewalk?
    That's my issue so far. My citizens will go through a burst and start saying things for 10 minutes and then absolutely nothing at all.

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for starting this thread, I was wondering about this myself. I'll just go ahead and start some franchises I suppose. I could start a bunch of coffee shops and pretend I'm in Seattle...
    Another day in Team Lava Land, another collection of coins, another trip to that change machine at the grocery store...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast