Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: City Exchange

Executive Chef
    Just hit level 11 and pretty much ever since the exchange opened for me it's been a nonstop sugar fest. I haven't even had businesses asking for sugar in orders, though I think the boardwalk did once. My best find was 5 stoves, I HATE making stoves and griddles!! I also get a lot of listings for things I can't even make yet, hats and popcorn and baseball bats....that's not very useful either!
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Rhino Keeper
    Anyone else notice a change to how long before we get new orders? It was 5 minutes before the orders reset, now it's 6.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cdreams1980 View Post
    Anyone else notice a change to how long before we get new orders? It was 5 minutes before the orders reset, now it's 6.
    Still 5 on my city

Rhino Keeper
    HI!

For several weeks, most of the items that are posted for sale in my Exchange are chauffeur hats and baseball bats. I 'assume' that the coders have the ability to 'load' items in the Exchange.

I'd like more variety. For example items from Tradecraft, Furniture, Kitchenware, Appliances and Casual Wear. Can the coders load some different products?

And, I wonder if others are seeing the similar collection of items as I have.

I'm level 18 , and there was more variety in the Exchange for me at the lower levels.

Thanks!

Executive Chef
    I see tons of chauffeur hats and baseball bats too. I always assumed that was because a lot of people make extras of those, since they require no pre-crafts, in order to keep their factories from being idle and hopefully make a little money on them. So if 80% of the offers that players make are those 2 items, and they take a random sampling, chances are we will see them take up 80% of the space in our exchanges most of the time.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see more t-shirts or any other casualwear items in the market. Whenever I do see anything that is casualwear or requires a t-shirt, I buy it, no matter how many are in the offer, or the price, or whether I need it right then or not. It's SO worth it to me to not have to make them. I also buy any Tradecraft, or item that has a tradecraft pre-craft, as well, no matter the price. Like ovens as you mentioned. But I almost never see any of the things I want either. So I check the exchange obsessively. Once in a while... I scored 7 t-shirts once! That's 5:15 hours of coveted casualwear time saved! Even just a chisel I jump on. Once I scored 3 jeans too. I may not need them now but I always will soon.

Executive Chef
    I do the exact same thing buying any and every item that is made in the tradecraft or casual wear factories wether I need it or not. I don't see them very often either although I would never sell any of those items either lol.

Would be nice if the game just generated a random item in a few of the slots, or maybe it does idk.

Remembered I took this pic a while back and just wanted to share
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	33467
    Who on earth had time to make and sell 60 caramel corn and why would someone buy that many?
    Not sure if it was a glitch or what but thought its was funny when I saw it.
    Main id: squinn1981

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cquinn32 View Post
    I do the exact same thing buying any and every item that is made in the tradecraft or casual wear factories wether I need it or not. I don't see them very often either although I would never sell any of those items either lol.

Would be nice if the game just generated a random item in a few of the slots, or maybe it does idk.

Remembered I took this pic a while back and just wanted to share
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	33467
    Who on earth had time to make and sell 60 caramel corn and why would someone buy that many?
    Not sure if it was a glitch or what but thought its was funny when I saw it.

OH gosh, that is crazy. I've seen unusually high quantities , but your example is way out there!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by zenobia42 View Post
    I see tons of chauffeur hats and baseball bats too. I always assumed that was because a lot of people make extras of those, since they require no pre-crafts, in order to keep their factories from being idle and hopefully make a little money on them. So if 80% of the offers that players make are those 2 items, and they take a random sampling, chances are we will see them take up 80% of the space in our exchanges most of the time.

Personally, I'd LOVE to see more t-shirts or any other casualwear items in the market. Whenever I do see anything that is casualwear or requires a t-shirt, I buy it, no matter how many are in the offer, or the price, or whether I need it right then or not. It's SO worth it to me to not have to make them. I also buy any Tradecraft, or item that has a tradecraft pre-craft, as well, no matter the price. Like ovens as you mentioned. But I almost never see any of the things I want either. So I check the exchange obsessively. Once in a while... I scored 7 t-shirts once! That's 5:15 hours of coveted casualwear time saved! Even just a chisel I jump on. Once I scored 3 jeans too. I may not need them now but I always will soon.

I try to do the same, but as you know it is slim pickings. You've had some good luck! good for you. I deleted the bricks and sledgehammers in my storage. to make room for real merchandise.

New Resident
    I also see a lot those hats and bats. It's irritating. They're so easy to make, why buy them? So I will sell tools, clothing, etc in hopes that the exchange will offer more of a variety.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by eastie41 View Post
    I try to do the same, but as you know it is slim pickings. You've had some good luck! good for you. I deleted the bricks and sledgehammers in my storage. to make room for real merchandise.
    I just deleted 20 saws myself. It really hurts to have to delete them all rather than delete down to 5... or even better be able to exchange those items so those who need them can pay me a ton for them lol. I have never played a game before that didn't let us do that.

But I always keep bricks & sledgehammers (and hard hats but really I NEVER get enough of those). Because we are forced to grow up rather than out and the more of each type of highrise we build, the more of those items spare required to open slots. But I may be forced to sell sledgehammers soon too. The ginormous gap between when players are ready to expand and when the game allows us to is at least as bad as any other Storm8 game I've played.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast