Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream City: Help Me I have a Question

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitelove19 View Post
    So this is why I came here, to get some ideas. Thankfully, I saw a post saying that factories (any building which makes stuff) DON'T NEED ROADS!!! The secret to maximizing your space!

Besides factories and city hall, every building must have road access that connects to the train station.
    The best strategy is to line your factories up along the rails, except for the crossing where you need a road. To do this, you must remove the original road which runs the length of the rails. Plus leave an additional green space between factories and your road for houses or whatever.
    Your main road will come out perpendicular to the rails at the crossing. Then you can arrange 'blocks' 2 deep and however many you want wide, and organize areas however you like. Also best to have buildings around the perimeter (edge) and roads in between. Leave as many buildings out of storage to maximize your population and mastery stars.

A good way to earn coins is to sell high priced items in your 'City Exchange.'. You can sell some items for much more than you would get otherwise. Also, always keep one store of each type (dining, shopping and building) on the go. I keep my active ones in one place, near my factories, then move the 5-stars off to the edges.

Life in Dream City moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    Thanks for excellent tips! I'm in the process of rearranging my city and thank you, it really helps.
    I've managed to have 2 departament stores and brownstones, which free so much space. I'm surprise that landmark also needs access to road, it sucks :/ I don't really like my city yet, but it will get better

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by catlicja View Post
    Thanks for excellent tips! I'm in the process of rearranging my city and thank you, it really helps.
    I've managed to have 2 departament stores and brownstones, which free so much space. I'm surprise that landmark also needs access to road, it sucks :/ I don't really like my city yet, but it will get better
    Glad you found my tips useful. :-)
    I find as I expand it opens up the right amount of space along the tracks to place all my factories, which is nice. And I put them in order so I'm not bouncing ll around if I use the scroll feature.
    I also made a central square (less central, more across from the boardwalk, furthest from the train station) with the city hall in the middle and grass two deep all the way around. This way, I could place brownstones and any 1x2 or 2x2 buildings so they are touching the city hall on one side and the road on the other, and on each corner I placed a few singles (1x1) houses or businesses or whatnot. Took a lot of moving stuff around, but it was worth it!

Anybody have good tips for maximizing population? My population seems to lag behind my mastery stars. Not enough coins to buy enough houses, brownstones, etc. I think my main issue is largely one of cashflow.

Executive Chef
    What is the timing situation on the dock deliveries? I did one, and then when I left for work this morning I had a couple hours on the timer before the next possible one. Now I just got home, and when I opened the game, the timer started at 8 hours again. I kind of thought it would be like FS2 trains, where you have to wait a certain number of hours after you finish a delivery, but after you made it through the waiting period, you could choose when to start the next delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by me2nyy View Post
    Will someone please answer. Will we be able to have neighbors on this game and visit other cities?

i dont think you will have neighbors and visit other cities in this game...

help!!!! how do i place houses inside the brownstone!!!!!!!...

me too! and i accidentally bought 3 brownstones.. you cant even put in your storage like the other houses

if you connect to facebook, you are able to earn gems but thats it at the moment. hope this helps!
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 07-14-16 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Merged 3 consecutive posts

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by hongtsairen View Post
    help!!!! how do i place houses inside the brownstone!!!!!!!...

me too! and i accidentally bought 3 brownstones.. you cant even put in your storage like the other houses
    Sorry, I learnt by mistake too, all high rises can't be stored. Please see Highrises in Buildings Guide on how to add houses.

thank you!!!!!!!!

i was able to add houses inside the brownstone, you have to click the brownstone then choose the houses that you wanna put inside the bldg.!
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 07-14-16 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts.

How do you add business to the malls?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldwater27 View Post
    How do you add business to the malls?
    Please see this.

Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    Sorry, I learnt by mistake too, all high rises can't be stored. Please see Highrises in Buildings Guide on how to add houses.

Rhino Keeper
    So far, I have collected 6 hardhats, but I haven't found any use for them yet. Can someone tell me what they are used for? Thanks.

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast