Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Dream City: Help Me I have a Question

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by bakealot003 View Post
    I just unlocked the expansion area with the Chesterfield Wheel which I now find is locked and has a 22 hour timer on it - the 5 x cotton candy says that they sometimes drop from Mystery boxes ..... and I will also need 1500 coins --- eek! what happens if I don't get the coins & cotton candy in time will I get any other chances to open it? I only have a few hundred coins atm so a bit worried about the coins and chance appearance of the cotton candy.

Any wheel experiences to report?

HI, I want to expand there too. WHich expansion slot is it ? The wheel is in between two expansion slots. Is it the slot below or above the wheel? thanks!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bakealot003 View Post
    I just unlocked the expansion area with the Chesterfield Wheel which I now find is locked and has a 22 hour timer on it - the 5 x cotton candy says that they sometimes drop from Mystery boxes ..... and I will also need 1500 coins --- eek! what happens if I don't get the coins & cotton candy in time will I get any other chances to open it? I only have a few hundred coins atm so a bit worried about the coins and chance appearance of the cotton candy.

Any wheel experiences to report?
    I unlocked the plot with the wheel a couple of days ago. There is no time limit to collect the pieces and coins to restore it and you can move it around. It took me two or three days to get the cotton candy

Quote Originally Posted by eastie41 View Post
    HI, I want to expand there too. Which expansion slot is it ? The wheel is in between two expansion slots. Is it the slot below or above the wheel? thanks!
    It's the sign that is closest to the wheel (below)
    I also believe that the one with the wheel on it has lower level and item requirements but I am not entirely sure about that.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by eastie41 View Post
    HI, I want to expand there too. WHich expansion slot is it ? The wheel is in between two expansion slots. Is it the slot below or above the wheel? thanks!
    It's the 3rd plot from the railway tracks. It's the plot below the wheel.

Rhino Keeper
    When selling an item, what does promote mean? Does it costs money to promote? Is there a limit to how many items you promote? What happens to the item if you do not promote it?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by gracelinda View Post
    When selling an item, what does promote mean? Does it costs money to promote? Is there a limit to how many items you promote? What happens to the item if you do not promote it?
    Not promoted items take way longer to sell. I think promoting puts it on other peoples markets right away, and not promoted items go in a queue to get on pages

A couple things:
    Upgrading to level 11 says it will unlock the Teddy Bear Depot but I can't find it in my list of shops. Is there something wrong with this item?

Second:
    For people considering Brownstones, they have an additional advantage even when you don't have bricks. Placing one on your city squares allows you to only have 1 square up against a road where as the houses would have required two road squares. If you plan it out right you save a lot of building space by adjusting how your roads work around these double sized buildings. Or even for the really large buildings, for instance my mansion only has one square exposed to a road.

Fashion Designer
    Agree with the brownstones and other 2 space items, you can use them to your advantage with the roads. Haven't tried to open the teddy bear yet so no help there. I need parts and am stuck.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by saucysammis View Post
    I'm trying to figure out a road layout that gives optimum space for buildings. Any ideas from people who have played the city games?
    So this is why I came here, to get some ideas. Thankfully, I saw a post saying that factories (any building which makes stuff) DON'T NEED ROADS!!! The secret to maximizing your space!

Besides factories and city hall, every building must have road access that connects to the train station.
    The best strategy is to line your factories up along the rails, except for the crossing where you need a road. To do this, you must remove the original road which runs the length of the rails. Plus leave an additional green space between factories and your road for houses or whatever.
    Your main road will come out perpendicular to the rails at the crossing. Then you can arrange 'blocks' 2 deep and however many you want wide, and organize areas however you like. Also best to have buildings around the perimeter (edge) and roads in between. Leave as many buildings out of storage to maximize your population and mastery stars.

A good way to earn coins is to sell high priced items in your 'City Exchange.'. You can sell some items for much more than you would get otherwise. Also, always keep one store of each type (dining, shopping and building) on the go. I keep my active ones in one place, near my factories, then move the 5-stars off to the edges.

Life in Dream City moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller

It takes away from your star level...negative impact..

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Likeangelique View Post
    It takes away from your star level...negative impact..
    What does?

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast