Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dream City: Game Guide

Grand Emperor
    Frequently asked questions

Why can't I build more businesses?
    Building new businesses requires additional Business Permits. A Business Permit typically lets you build any unlocked business from a particular industry so that you can customize the look of your city. To earn more Business Permits, master existing businesses and keep upgrading your City Hall.

How can I get more gems?
    You can get more Gems by tapping the Add button next to the Gems icon at the top of the screen. Once you tap this Add button, you will be able to select from several Gem offers available for purchase.

How do I get parts to upgrade my buildings? What about expansion parts?
    Tap on citizens with speech bubbles to hear what they have to say about how you're doing as Mayor. They may drop some coins or even a part for you as well!

It says my storage is full - what now?
    You can upgrade the capacity of your Storage so you can store more items!
    - Tap on the Warehouses near the Train Depot.
    - Use the necessary Parts to increase your storage capacity.

How do I move buildings?
    You can tap and hold on a building already in your city. You can then drag the building to a new position and tap the green check mark when it's in a location that you're happy with. Once you're done moving buildings around, tap on the red X button in the Market tray to close it and exit Edit Mode.

How do I put buildings into storage? How do I get them back out again?
    Tap on the Market to enter Edit Mode. Tap the building you wish to remove. If it can be stored, tap on the box icon that appears below the building. This moves it into your Storage. Some buildings, like factories, City Hall, and businesses with active orders cannot be stored.

Please note that a stored building does not contribute to the operation of your city. For example, a house that has been stored no longer provides population until it is returned to the board.

To find a building in your Storage, tap the Market button and then locate the building in the Storage tab (the tab icon looks like an open box). You do not need to buy it again - just tap on the item to return it to your city.

How do I sell items?
    If you would like to sell a building, tap and hold the building you wish to sell. If it is eligible to be sold, you will see a Sell button next to the item. Be careful before you decide to sell anything though; you may have to work hard to get it again, and some rewards you won't be able to earn a second time.

Where can I find Storm8 Studios' privacy policy?
    Our privacy policy is available at https://storm8-studios.com/privacy

Where can I find Storm8 Studios' terms of service?
    Our terms of service is available at https://storm8-studios.com/terms

My Question Wasn't Answered Here, What Can I Do?
    Contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with a description of your problem. Please include your User ID and Level to help them in answering your question.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 10-28-16 at 08:13 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Gems

How can I get more gems?
    You can get gems by purchase or from game downloads. Sometimes you get an occasional gem from mastering businesses.

Buy gems
    You can get more Gems by tapping the [Add] button next to the [Gems] icon at the top of the screen. Once you tap this [Add] button, you will be able to select from various Gem offers available for purchase.

Other games goals
    You sometimes get goals to download and play other Storm8 games in your goal list. Download and play these games to be rewarded with gems.

When you get this game goal prompt in Dream City: Metropolis, do not install the new game immediately. You should check your other Storm8 games and see they get this prompt. This way, you will get the gem/gold rewards in your other games as well.

Lost gems
    For loss of gems, please contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 10-28-16 at 08:14 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Regarding In-App Purchases

If This Is A Free Game Why Was I Charged?
    Storm8 Studios games are free to download and play. We offer optional products through in-app purchases that serve to enhance various aspects of gameplay.

I Made An Unintentional Purchase, What Can I Do?
    For your security and protection, Apple handles all aspects of these transactions. You will need to contact Apple directly if you wish for a refund on these transactions.

I Do Not Want To Pay Money Ever. How Do I Prevent Myself From Making Unintentional Purchases?
    There is a way to restrict In-App Purchases on your device. On your device, please go to Settings Menu -> General -> Restrictions option. You can then simply turn off In-App Purchases under "Allowed Content".

Please read the Regarding In-App Purchases thread for more information.

Grand Emperor
    Game Version

You should always use the latest game version as there may be fixes and new updates. Using an outdated version may cause unforeseen issues to your game.

To check for game version in game:
    Open game, go to Settings Menu and the version is listed at the bottom right of the screen

To check for game version if you can't open the game:
    Open App Store, search game name (or Storm8), click on Dream City: Metropolis app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

Grand Emperor
    New Device - transfer your games

When you get a new device, you have a choice of setting a new city on your new device or transfer your current city to it.

To set a new city:
    1. Download Dream City: Metropolis unto your new device.
    2. Start playing on your new city. Don't forget to set your new Storm8 ID and password.

To transfer your current city to your new device:
    - Perform the following instructions.

Transfer your games
    You can use the Login feature to transfer your Storm8 ID and all Storm8 games over to your new device. Since Dream City: Metropolis does not have the login feature, you will need to use any game, except Restaurant Story 1, listed on Post 1 of the Login Feature thread instead.

Please see the instructions on post 1 of the New Logon on Feature thread.

If you have issues transferring your games, you can contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and they can transfer your games.

Note:
    (1) If you are selling or giving away your old device, it is recommended that you contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new and ask them to remove your Storm8 ID and games tagged to that device.

(2) Playing on devices of different platforms may cause sync errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    I am periodically experiencing sync errors. What's the problem?
    • If you recently transferred from iOS to Android, you may have some items that are not supported on the platform and appear invisible. Contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new so we can assist you in hiding those items and prevent the errors.

Maintain your device
    Remember to do the general housekeeping periodically to maintain your device for the best in-game experience. Your game will slow down when your device is not performing well.
    • Always keep the latest software version for your device (e.g. operating software and game)
    • Make sure your device has plenty of space (by clearing unwanted apps, photos, documents, etc.)
    • Clear cache
    • Disconnect and connect to your cellular or wifi
    • Restart device

Related topic: Create a Storm8 ID
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 12-17-16 at 03:41 AM.

Grand Emperor
    What can I do to try to resolve my game issues?

iOS General Issues
    If your iOS device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
    • Restart your device
    • Delete and reinstall the game
    • Hard restart - hold the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears.

For newer devices (iPod Touch 4th Gen and newer, iPhone 3G and newer, all iPad versions [possibly other devices]) - close out background running apps. Double tap the home button, when the screen raises up, hold the app until it starts shaking. Press the red minus symbol to close.

Connection Issues
    1. Force shut game
    2. Disconnect device cellular/wifi setting
    3. Switch off device
    4. Power off modem and router, and power up after 2 mins if you're using wifi connection
    5. Switch on device and reconnect cellular/wifi setting
    6. Start game

If you are using wifi, the bandwidth and number of devices connected to it are contributing factors to your connectivity performance.

Device Performance Issues
    Some older devices may have trouble keeping up with the game.
    • Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
    • Check that you have sufficient space on your device. Try deleting some unused apps/photos/videos etc if you don't.
    • Store away some (if not all) animated decorations in your city
    • Avoid running other apps in the background
    • Let your game settle for a few minutes (3 mins or so) after starting it, before you do any activity
    • Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Display/Graphics Issues
    1. Clear cache - go to Safari in Settings app on iOS device and click [Clear History and Website Data].
    2. Restart device and game
    3. Delete and reinstall game if the above doesn't work

Sync Issues
    Ensure your connection is good. Always fresh start your game before you do any actions to avoid sync issues. It is recommended that we do not leave our games running in the background.
    • If you discover that you have forgotten to close out your game, force shut it without doing any activity and start it again.
    • You can force save your game progress by clicking on your city exchange.
    • Do not leave your game immediately after your last action. Try to force save your game progress and sync with Storm8 servers before closing your game.

Grand Emperor
    Storm8 Forum

Game Guides
    Check out our useful game guides in Dream City: Metropolis Game Guides forum to help you plan your city!

Discussion
    Join in the discussions with the rest of the Dream City community in Dream City: Metropolis | Discussions forum.

Please check to see if there is any existing thread before you start a new thread of the same topic, to avoid duplicate threads.

Suggestions & Feedbacks
    Give your feedback and share your suggestions in Dream City: Metropolis | Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Bugs and Issues
    Report a bug/issue
    If you are experiencing issues, you may like to
    1. contact Storm8 Support: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new for more support AND/OR
    2. report on Dream City: Metropolis | Bugs & Issues forum.

If you would like to report a bug or issue, please make sure to include the following:
    1. Your device (iOS, Android, please be as specific as possible) and it's version number (check under settings-device)
    2. Your game version (this can be found on the bottom of the Help/FAQ page)
    3. A description of the problem and what you were doing when the problem occurred
    4. A screenshot of the problem if possible/applicable (How To A Post Photo On The Forum)

You can either post in one of the following:
    (i) Dream City: Current Bugs and Issues thread
    (ii) existing thread of the same problem
    (iii) start a new thread

Before you start a new thread, please check to see if there is any existing thread of the same problem as yours to avoid duplicate threads.

Check your game version
    To check for your device version - go to Settings, General, About - Version
    To check for game version in game:
    Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
    To check for game version if you can't open the game:
    Open App Store, search game name (or Storm8), click on app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

Forum Rules and Policies
    If you are like to know what are the dos and don'ts on the forum, please read the Forum Rules & Policies to find out more.

Forum Disputes
    Is some Admin, player mod or another user giving you "The Business"? Have a complaint? This is the place to let us know. Don't worry -- this Forum Disputes is only visible to Storm8 Staff.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 12-28-16 at 11:06 PM.

Grand Emperor
    Storm8 Support

Storm8 Support Email: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If you require further assistance on your games, you can contact Support. Please make sure that you include your Storm8 ID, state which game you are having issues, description of the issues and screenshots, if any. A Support Agent will respond to you usually between 3 to 5 business days.

Submit a Support Request
    1. Click on Support link: https://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    2. Fill in the details in the Support Form
    3. Click [Submit] to send your request

Sign into Your Account
    1. Click [Sign in] at the top right of the Support Form screen to sign into your account
      (You'll get a pop up sign in screen)
    2. Enter your email address and password
      (Click [Sign up] if you don't have an existing account OR click [Get a password] if you don't have a password)
    3. Click [Sign in] to proceed

Check on Your Request
    1. Click on the drop down arrow next to your name at the top right of the screen, once you have signed into your account
    2. Click [My activities] and you'll see a list of your requests including your ticket number and the status of your request

Last edited by Rynetory2; 08-23-17 at 09:01 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Create a Storm8 ID

For recovery of games, it is important that you set a Storm8 ID and password. Since Dream City: Metropolis does not have the feature, you have to download another Storm8 game (e.g. Bakery Story, Farm Story 2, Restaurant Story 2, etc) to do so. Once you have downloaded the other game, start it and open the Social page from the Menu, tap the Invite tab and sign up for one. You can set your password under Help/FAQ in Game Settings. Once you have done that, all new Storm8 games (including Dream City: Metropolis) installed on that device will be under this account.

Remember that when choosing a Storm8 ID this is what you will give to other players if you want them to invite you as a neighbour in other games, so be sure that you choose wisely.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 11-01-16 at 09:24 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast