Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 7/07 Update - A Grand Migration (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | *goals in post 1*

It's over. Whew. I'm done and not one gem or penny was spent. This has been by far the most tedious and boring event since I've been playing. There have been goals (sister sister comes to mind) that have been boring and repetitive, but at least with most of them, they weren't timed, so we could put them on the back burner and do other things.

The one compliment I can happily give is that the artwork is very nice this time. The griffin looks very much like his picture (unlike the stag, and the poor fairy) and the Griffin's roost blends in quite nicely, unlike the gummy bear bubble gum tree. And for now at least, I'm happy to get the drops of wheat...that's less I have to harvest. Lol

What I don't understand is: Why are the crafting options and adventure still available after finishing the quest? The drops have stopped, but the crafts remain.

So, heads up to those wanting to make/collect extras.....do all of your collecting before the final upgrade because the drops do stop.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 07-14-16 at 12:22 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Quote Originally Posted by Solientus View Post
    It's the Baron writing the Quests He's a big, mean, confusing Grump!
    Lol! He sure is. And greedy too! (20 worms per food!)
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    Thank you so much.... Though I don't think I will move much further as it is too tedious ... But let's see... How far a newbie can go
    Hello fello noob.
    I ran into a similar situation with the seeds but built the conservatory and it all worked out.
    I just wanted to mention that you may want to start collecting from your stables now. (the quest requires you to have two)
    You are going to need wool. Lots of wool..

Rhino Keeper
    Although I settled for a level 3 egg before calling it quits, I have to give a huge shout out to the players who forged ahead! Despite the tedium and difficulty level of this event many of my neighbors have finished or nearly finished. That's not only a huge accomplishment but it speaks volumes about their love and commitment to this game notwithstanding feeling let down by S8. So CHEERS!! to you, undaunted rulers of kingdoms!

Rhino Keeper
    Finally I've finished!!!
    I have the Griffin!!
    Great day, this morning I obtained the fireworks Griffin in tent, and now I've royal Griffin!!! Yeah!!
    And I did it without gems. I've used all my Alis, and wizard school every time I could
    Now it's time to restore all the items in the inventory

Executive Chef
    Finished! Phew! I love the griffin but this was tough. I didn't use gems but I spent all available energy on the quest and chopped a few energy crates. Probably wouldn't have made it without my alis. Good luck to everyone still trying and huge congrats to everyone who have climbed this mountain!

The fact that people are finishing with over three days to spare makes me wish people would hold back rants at day 2 and 3 or just do the math to see it's possible. I'm not saying it's the same folks, just that all of the "it's impossible without gems or having a life" just isn't true. For lower level players who find seeds or wool a challenge, or only have one stable or zero wizarding schools, yes - this would be very, very hard. But many of us don't have any white alicorns and are set to finish on time.

As for making it fun, my personal challenge has been to waste nothing but regular stones, and even those as few as possible. I am making earth wisps, fancy blocks, armor etc between nests and blankets to keep the inventory for all materials below 95. I made several dozen noodles with all of the eggs. Yes the tapping of wheat, chic and rocks got boring but making sure I don't waste my collections makes it more strategic and in my opinion, fun.
    Last edited by peachtreeshoppe; 07-14-16 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Calculation error

Rhino Keeper
    I just checked this forum while waiting at the airport.
    My Android game does not appear to have this.
    Is this quest iOS only?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    The fact that people are finishing with over three days to spare makes me wish people would hold back rants at day 2 and 3 or just do the math to see it's possible. I'm not saying it's the same folks, just that all of the "it's impossible without gems or having a life" just isn't true. For lower level players who find seeds or wool a challenge, or only have one stable or zero wizarding schools, yes - this would be very, very hard. But many of us don't have any white alicorns and are set to finish on time.

As for making it fun, my personal challenge has been to waste nothing but regular stones, and even those as few as possible. I am making earth wisps, fancy blocks, armor etc between nests and blankets to keep the inventory for all materials below 95. I made several dozen noodles with all of the eggs. Yes the tapping of wheat, chic and rocks got boring but making sure I don't waste my collections makes it more strategic and in my opinion, fun.

Very well said. Thanks for a positive post. I, too, finished and enjoyed this challenge.

Rhino Keeper
    It was mentioned earlier that the drops will cease on items like worms, feathers, and exotic threads once we upgrade to Lv5. Tempted to keep collecting worms, feathers, and threads until maxed. Anyone else? I made one extra blanket, griffin food, and nesting straw.