Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 7/07 Update - A Grand Migration (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | *goals in post 1*

Quote Originally Posted by badbunny42 View Post
    Couldn't find a definitive answer to this..... Once I get past step 7, will any food/nests I make while doing the non-torture steps count towards the next torture step? Language seems to indicate not, but language has been messed up before. I'm just a few meals away from that point so would love to know. Thanks!
    any extra you make count towards upgrading the actual roost, but not the goals, if it is a goal and it says make, then you have to make, but those you make and any previously made one can be used on the upgrade to a higher and hopefully last level. I hope that made sense

Couldn't find a definitive answer to this..... Once I get past step 7, will any food/nests I make while doing the non-torture steps count towards the next torture step? Language seems to indicate not, but language has been messed up before. I'm just a few meals away from that point so would love to know. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by flowerqueen007 View Post
    any extra you make count towards upgrading the actual roost, but not the goals, if it is a goal and it says make, then you have to make, but those you make and any previously made one can be used on the upgrade to a higher and hopefully last level. I hope that made sense
    That is the way it normally is, when it's worded this way, but I've seen reports of people saying they counted. On page one it says 'collect' sky stones, but it was auto completed, so the ones already collected did count this time. And Lorrainne's pre-made nest straw counted also. CS has become like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. Sometimes make means have, sometimes unlimited means one. I've stopped trying to figure it out.
    In any case, we need soooo many of everything, any that are made ahead won't hurt anyway.....they'll just get us closer to the requirements for the level 5 upgrade.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 07-10-16 at 01:48 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Wish there was a way to give away the ornamental eggs. I've got quite a build of of them!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    Once I get to level 3, I will have used all my 99 wheat in storage plus all that I can collect just to make straw for the upgrade and go on the adventure to get 10 stones for the upgrade.

Then I figure with 40 energy every 2 hrs, I can basically collect one adventure, collect 14 feathers, harvest 15 wheat, and either make two nesting straw and tap 8 rocks or no nesting straw and tap 10 rocks. That's 40. If I do that seven times a day, and use wizarding school 60 energy a day to tap more rocks, I will have what I need to upgrade to L4 in 4 full days.

Despite the short adventure timer, there is no checking every half hour unless you have tons of extra energy from animals. You can't get the resources you need any faster, so just space them out to every 2 hrs.
    This is the post that makes the most sense to me: not wheat, not worms, not feathers are the bottle-neck here, but energy. You need so very, very much energy for this event... It will take atleast 4 days to get to lvl 4 - and than again 5 days to get to lvl 5.

Too bad I can't spent any energy on the surplus of stone, coal, eggs etc. They all go to waste. I need all energy to harvest wheat, bacon, worms, roast chicken en feathers.

For the 20 worms (=30 energy) for 1 griffin food, while you need 35 griffin food in total, means 1,050 energy on this part of the quest alone!
    For the 75 Sky Stones, you need atleast 750 energy!
    For the 95 Nesting straws, you need to pluck 15 chickens each and harvest 5 wheat, that?s 490 energy.

That's a totall of 2.290 energy on those 3 things alone. At an rate of 1 energy every 3 minutes, 20 energy an hour, you need 114,5 playable hours. This means you almost need to have 9+ playable hours a day... for 10+ days straight.

Really??? This is insane... And I this math before I read the forum, but now I read that more people did the same math... S8, Why are you trying to ru?n a great game? Long term player here, over 3 years, and NEVER have missed out on any event before... Even spent gems on last event, because I couldn't finish it in time either. I swear, if I can't finish this without spending gems too, I'm out. And I do NOT have a life: I don't have a job, so I have plenty of time to play. But I do NOT want CS to become my job. Then you should be paying me instead of the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Excellent ideas! I wish S8 would incorporate some or all of them! Because........
    Seriously? 400 more of those creepy worms and absolutely NOTHING to do with all the stone from chopping rocks. At least add a trade to dump some the extra stuff off, since very few of us have any energy left to collect ingredients for the Royal trade....I have dozens of rotten eggs, because I can't collect milk. How about an egg and rock trade? Random drops of worms, Sky stone, feathers, wheat and roast chicken could be the reward.
    This, this would be SO helpfull... I've got no energy left to spent on ANYTHING but this event, so everything is going to waste...

Rhino Keeper
    Had anyone else noticed that the amount of worms you get per chop has gone down? I just used 21 energy and only got 10 worms

Quote Originally Posted by nateryd View Post
    Had anyone else noticed that the amount of worms you get per chop has gone down? I just used 21 energy and only got 10 worms
    Yes, the drops rates have definitely decreased for me too. I just got 4 worms with 10 energy. I am focusing almost exclusively on the small rock piles, and had been getting 4-5 worms per pile. Now I'm lucky to get 3.
    Energy return for harvesting wheat seems lower too and my poor 'special' Alis can't ever muster more than 4 energy each. Maybe there aren't enough of those special unlimited energy gem purchases being sold? Because it suddenly feels like things have been slowed down a lot.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 07-10-16 at 03:43 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Definitive answer, YES, any you make (nests and food) or collect (stones) during the non-torture parts do count towards step 10. I only had three or four of each but when 10 started, they showed up as 4/30 or whatever in my goal book. Some small good news anyway. 😸

Fashion Designer
    Yes it counts.

Fashion Designer
    I had the best luck getting worms from the smaller rocks that take 5 or 8 hits, the bigger rocks gave me less.

But I've quit this goal, it will be the first goal I've not completed since this game came out. But it's not at all fun. Past history tells me the Griffin won't be a cute as advertised and won't drop anything worth all this effort. This goal is honestly stressing me out more than any game should. I'd rather be playing Pokemon Go, so I am.

I would say have fun, but I know you're not, so instead I'll say good luck.

Rhino Keeper
    That's it for me. I made it to level 8 but realized that today I did nothing but tap, tap, tap. I used my 4 Alis, a few energy boxes and then I realized I was doing this for an object that I didn't want or need. I vow never again to get hooked into a timed event. I'll play again when there is a continuation of the story line.