Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 7/07 Update - A Grand Migration (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | *goals in post 1*

Quote Originally Posted by xtinem070672 View Post
    So I'm thinking if I buy the 450 gem pack w 10 minutes of unlimited energy I could chop a ton of stone to get worms (since rocks don't have to grow like chickens or wheat) ..... I'm not a gem-thru player but jeez the amounts of straw and stuff are crazy and gems are looking better and better (yeah we're on to you, S8)
    Be very wary on this one! I did it to get ahead on worms and did manage to max them but....

After clicking a bunch of stuff, I went to social so they would quick collect. Half the time, this would disconnect me. After force closing (only way to reconnect) and restarting, it seemed like I lost more time on the unlimited energy than it should have and I had to re-tap some things. I ended up with only about 4 minutes out of the ten. I guess it is worth it, as long as you plan your collections for a much shorter unlimited time period.
    Last edited by dfmomcat; 07-09-16 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Shortened quote

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinem070672 View Post
    So I'm thinking if I buy the 450 gem pack w 10 minutes of unlimited energy I could chop a ton of stone to get worms (since rocks don't have to grow like chickens or wheat) and also get the feather/stick/noodle(???) combo I could get ahead a tiny bit on feathers which are hardest for me. Good grief. All I really want at this point is the little pink egg from the adventure! I'm not a gem-thru player but jeez the amounts of straw and stuff are crazy and gems are looking better and better (yeah we're on to you, S8)
    I recommend the 5 minute unlimited energy instead. I maxed out on worms after about 4 1/2 minutes. I was enjoying this quest and really wanted the griffin, but when I saw 65 nests for level 5 ... I think I will just stay where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I think I will just go about this in a somewhat leisurely way, and let whatever happens happen. I'm not in the least bit tempted to spend gems on this one.
    This is where I'm at as well. I'm doing what I can to play "smart" with the amount of energy I have and don't plan on spending any major gem amounts.
    The way I think of things: if I buy any packs or specials is... is the end item worth that much to me. Infinite energy for, say, $5, and mats pack for $10, that's $15 for the "free" Griffin.
    I'm not saying it isn't pretty or that completing quests isn't satisfying. I'm still enjoying the event for something to do aside from my regular goals.

We all know these games are designed to make some cash. Most free-to-play are. I don't personally have the income to always get the packs and deals, so I just do what I can and most times that's enough.

I just saw the raccoon gift btw, so tempted.

I do hope some of the goal requirements (Nesting Straw and worms/Griffin food - I'm looking at you) will be reduced to a reasonable amount but aside from that, it's game as usual. Spend if you can/want, or go back to your routine. That's why these events are optional.

(I hope this isn't considered off topic. I know people come on here with event questions - looking for answers. I try to make my posts with helpful content or suggestions for game play, but things always come out on the long-winded side.) Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Solientus; 07-09-16 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Spelling

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    And the way things have been, we will end up with an ugly roost and a miniature griffin. That drops wood or water.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! seriously cackle laughing... Don't forget the long sausage body!! Hahaha

Rhino Keeper
    I'll give this another day, but I'm edging on to giving up on this one. I didn't do the cherry Tree, I worked like mad on the deer, and am now looking at the flowers, tree and even the deer and wondering why I bothered. And now this one which takes so, so much energy, the rest of my Kingdom is going to wrack and ruin. Just not convinced it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by armerfarmer View Post
    Did some calculations:
    For upgrades to level 4 and 5 you need a total of
    - 1125 wheat
    - 975 feather
    - 720 worms

Even if I don't consider twigs (will get the required when harvesting wheat) and the 360 roast chicken which I hopefully get collecting the feathers, it will need 2820 energy (with a 100% rate chopping rocks).
    Keeping in mind I get 20 energy per hour, it is 141 hours non-stop playing which is roundabout 6 days without sleep and work....
    Just thought I'd expand on this thought. Thanks for posting this Armer.

I could stretch things and say of the 1125 wheat maybe 150 give an energy back (if you have the farmers badge completed - bonus energy). Of the 975 feathers maybe 85 of them (approximately 10% rate assumed)drop doubles (85 energy) but the worms seem more hit or miss, so I'll leave that number. I'd add a few 10 energy trades, we'll say 2 (one each week), so that's another 20 energy gained. In 12 days, we'll also assume Sir piggles drops one 30 energy for me once.
    150 plus 85 plus 20 plus 30. So minus 285 from your 2820 for total energy need. 2535 energy divided by 20 (hourly replen rate) is 126.75 hours - 5 days & 2 hours non-stop.
    Again assuming no alicorns, wizard school, lucky trade energy drops, faerie elixirs (20 energy craftable from conservatory), 20/50 energy crates, etc.

8 hours sleep multiplied by 4 (5 days, 4 nights) adds another 32 hours. So - day and a half. That brings grand total to complete upgrade from four to five (if values above are correct) is SIX 1/2 DAYS to complete assuming you're glued to your device.

Things look a bit better once you factor in alicorns and the such but it is still outrageous. That would leave less then 4 days to complete the rest.
    (This doesn't include the number of taps to collect your finished items, that'd add a other hour or two.)

More food for thought.
    Last edited by Solientus; 07-09-16 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Additional info

Rhino Keeper
    If you have alicorns make sure to use them now to get as much resources as possible, that way they will be ready again once more before the quest finishes.

Rhino Keeper
    Wow... these amounts of energy and frequency are truly beyond reasonable. My kingdom will have to forego the Griffin. Is this ridiculous energy sucking event supposed to coerce me into buying the energy packs or something? Because if this is your idea of tempting me to invest in this game, you have completely missed the mark.
    I am sorry you seem to miss the point why many of us play this game. It's supposed to be fun?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by pieandcream View Post
    i agree...the last few events have been too difficult....if this continues i probably will lose interest.... pity.
    I feel the same way. Doesn't matter how often I come in, still only have so much energy to use. I've been using crates and Ali's but how long before I waste them on part 7!?! -- it's only going to become harder toward the end of the event. I've been thinking this game is becoming to rich for my taste.
    Someone please ask S8 to let up a bit. I would rather go into a holding pattern ( anyone remember those days?) so that S8 could beta test for bugs, and the enjoyable side of thing ( story line) Working for new buildings or crafts that enhance the game is one thing. Understanding WHY I am clicking and chopping helps.What good is this griffon anyway? Lol, really.
    I've worked so hard for my little kingdom. Lost many hours of sleep worrying I wouldn't finish events..seems all sort of futile these days.
    What does this griffon have to do with anything.
    Disgusted and joining the ranks.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by armerfarmer View Post
    Did some calculations:
    For upgrades to level 4 and 5 you need a total of
    - 1125 wheat
    - 975 feather
    - 720 worms

Even if I don't consider twigs (will get the required when harvesting wheat) and the 360 roast chicken which I hopefully get collecting the feathers, it will need 2820 energy (with a 100% rate chopping rocks).
    Keeping in mind I get 20 energy per hour, it is 141 hours non-stop playing which is roundabout 6 days without sleep and work....

Come on S8, are you kidding? No way to finish within the given time except using a considerable number of gems
    Omg. Thank you for this. I'm giving up now and will add my half made roost to my storage along with all the other half made limited event items. I hadn't even bothered with these events for a while but thought I'd give this one a whirl. What a waste of all the energy I've spent so far.