Page 21 of 85 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 7/07 Update - A Grand Migration (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | *goals in post 1*

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Solientus View Post
    Just thought I'd expand on this thought. Thanks for posting this Armer.

I could stretch things and say of the 1125 wheat maybe 150 give an energy back (if you have the farmers badge completed - bonus energy). Of the 975 feathers maybe 85 of them (approximately 10% rate assumed)drop doubles (85 energy) but the worms seem more hit or miss, so I'll leave that number. I'd add a few 10 energy trades, we'll say 2 (one each week), so that's another 20 energy gained. In 12 days, we'll also assume Sir piggles drops one 30 energy for me once.
    150 plus 85 plus 20 plus 30. So minus 285 from your 2820 for total energy need. 2535 energy divided by 20 (hourly replen rate) is 126.75 hours - 5 days & 2 hours non-stop.
    Again assuming no alicorns, wizard school, lucky trade energy drops, faerie elixirs (20 energy craftable from conservatory), 20/50 energy crates, etc.

8 hours sleep multiplied by 4 (5 days, 4 nights) adds another 32 hours. So - day and a half. That brings grand total to complete upgrade from four to five (if values above are correct) is SIX 1/2 DAYS to complete assuming you're glued to your device.

Things look a bit better once you factor in alicorns and the such but it is still outrageous. That would leave less then 4 days to complete the rest.
    (This doesn't include the number of taps to collect your finished items, that'd add a other hour or two.)

More food for thought.
    First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to do the math, which is incredibly well thought out, considering all the variables and factors and such. Really, THANK YOU. You're awesome :-)

Secondly, I'm on the verge of being overwhelmed (which irks me). I'm hoping S8 offers more ways of obtaining energy. I'm broke IRL ATM, fairy elixirs require USING energy, the magic fruit trade requires USING energy and the meat trade is the same. It would be nice to gain energy upon completion of the castle adventure. I'm glad I purchased the barracks, even though it's every other day that I'll be getting extra energy.
    S8 ID is Medhba. I play Castle Story daily.
    Feel free to add me.
    I rarely read my wall or visit.

Farm Supplier
    I truly, truly try hard not to complain about goal-completion requirements. However, this event does require a ridiculous amount of energy for rather repetitive collections. My feeling of foreboding started around the time I saw that 20 (!!) worms were required for each griffin food. I understand the need to challenge long-term players--I myself just reached level 50 this week--but the collections from rocks, wheat, and chickens are more than a little excessive, in my opinion.

(On a related note, I personally have no problem dropping $5 on 5 minutes of unlimited energy, in theory, but so far the unlimited energy is buggy and in my experience it is a ****-shoot whether one actually gets the full time promised. Until and unless S8 patches these duration bugs effectively, caveat emptor).

The cherry hive limited event was similarly energy-intensive, but more doable. Energy is an equalizer of sorts between high-level and low-level players, so I understand S8's recent inclination to use energy to collect novel items, instead of relying on stockpiles (where long-time players are at an advantage): it makes the event more doable for the players who haven't been hoarding. The idea of using energy for a limited event certainly has merit, but this event takes it a bit too far (crafting 65 nesting straw is tedious, no two ways about it.) Even though I work at home, I am having a hard time keeping up with collections; I can't see how someone with a commute and 9-5 would be able to complete this event, full stop.
    Last edited by kschlag; 07-09-16 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Subject-verb agreement. :/

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sipland View Post
    I chopped one of each kind of rock piles:

Iron Rich Rock $5200 - 8 chops 6 worms (75%)
    Small Rock Pile 5 chops $800 - 4 worms (80%)
    Rock Outcropping 20 chops $2200 - 17 worms (85%)

I'm guessing it won't make much difference in the long run, and will depend on whether you are trying to save coins.

ETA - I'm short on iron so I've chopped 2 more Iron Rich Rocks.
    3 Iron Rich Rocks yielded 19 worms (79%).
    I have lingered on A Sticky Situation from the Fortune Teller Tent forever. You used to be able to sell the small pile of rocks before the last chop, but now that perk is gone. My kingdom is literally littered with 4/5 small piles of rocks. Am thinking of maxing out on Superglue, and clearing these rocks! Would certainly help beautify my kingdom... had hoped to 90% max out on all the different glue products, but it has still been a good run...

Quote Originally Posted by armerfarmer View Post
    Did some calculations:
    For upgrades to level 4 and 5 you need a total of
    - 1125 wheat
    - 975 feather
    - 720 worms

Even if I don't consider twigs (will get the required when harvesting wheat) and the 360 roast chicken which I hopefully get collecting the feathers, it will need 2820 energy (with a 100% rate chopping rocks).
    Keeping in mind I get 20 energy per hour, it is 141 hours non-stop playing which is roundabout 6 days without sleep and work....

Come on S8, are you kidding? No way to finish within the given time except using a considerable number of gems
    Staggering numbers, its a shame you dont have wizard schools or the agricultural shard, i get nearly a third of my energy back from harvesting the wheat , plus i get a small amout from my wedding ali and my pink ali, but there are still tens days to do it so I am not giving up.

I wish they tiered the events like they do in Dragon Story. It has different goals depending on your level. Makes it doable. As a relatively new player, I have no chance at this. I don't get energy back from anything but fangbeasts and skunkupines

Lets just say I'm trying very hard to sit on my hands and patiently wait before I pass judgement on this event. I about cried when I saw the amount of worms needed.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by a1mathteach View Post
    I wish they tiered the events like they do in Dragon Story. It has different goals depending on your level. Makes it doable. As a relatively new player, I have no chance at this. I don't get energy back from anything but fangbeasts and skunkupines
    Basically you are proposing to prevent higher level players from getting advantage of Shards, Wizard schools, alicorns...
    What the point of getting them then?

Executive Chef
    I'm not giving up. Just not gonna stress over it. I'm trying a different strategy of getting sky stones built up and feathers built up, and then I'll focus on the chopping rocks for worms. And I'm keeping my wheat maxed. I'll see how this works, but don't know really if this is the best way. I don't even want to think of the roasted chickens yet.

In the very least, they could give us an energy drop with the adventure like the other adventures! This is just ridiculous!

Getting to L4 takes three days if you're able to check in every two hours seven times a day (so 7 am - 7 pm in my case, with being late sometimes pushing the last collection to 9 or 9:30).

Every two hours I do:
    one adventure
    15 wheat
    14 chickens
    the remaining 10 energy for either rocks or collecting nesting straw, griffin food, or noodles/fancy block/earth wisp.
    I use my wizarding school energy for more rocks (60 per day.)

I make 10 nesting straw per day, 5 griffin food per day. That's 3 days total.

Since L5 requires twice the nesting straw but not twice the food or stones (thank goodness) I figure I'll need 6 full days for that. Only 4 food instead of 5 and 6 adventures a day instead of 7. I have work days in there and the game is not on my phone, so it might take 7 or 8 days.

It'll come down to the wire, but it's doable without gems, alicorns, waking in the middle of the night or unlimited energy. Not super creative in strategy, but doable.