Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest: Foodie Frontier! Cowboy Campfire

I'm starting to think that collecting that many hats is a tad unrealistic. I'm almost level 50 and struggling.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshine257 View Post
    Yippee! I'm finished! Woo hoo!
    Thank you to everyone who posted. I couldn't have done it without your ideas, help and encouragement.
    P.S. Didn't buy any packs, didn't get any extra 3000 hats.
    Congratulations. Maybe you could give the other players struggling in this event tips since it was so easy for you to finish so early and all without any purchased packs or extra hats...etc.

It is possible to finish this. I bought some extra gems to finish it days early because I don't have the time like I usually do for this game. Of course if you have most stoves and at least double of them along with stocked out markets and such you can collect hats through out the day. I was only 3k away and I had 10 days to go to finish. I just didn't want to keep playing every 30 minutes all day long.

Fashion Designer
    I finished this yesterday. I didn't buy any packs, used maybe 2 mastery spices accidentally. I have mastered everything but cowboy coffee, 17 to go. I have 2 of every appliance, but 3 of commercial range, (bought this a while ago, very good descision). I am lvl 60, retired so have plenty of time to play. This would have been very hard for people who worked full time. I feel for them.

Just one last thing, has anyone mentioned that the Ultimate Cowboy Chili recipe does NOT give gems? This may have been in the thread, but I didn't notice it. I would really have hoped that for all the work involved it would have. Good luck everyone.

kellbell710 - my tips?
    Let's see - one tablespoon of insomnia, several cups of retirement, with a dash of OCD thrown in for good measure.
    Orange juice (two machines, extra fruit from market) then onto vege juice whilst waiting for oranges
    BLT (two machines, extra stuff from market) cucumber sandwiches whilst waiting for bacon or brushchetta
    Vege Sushie (two machines, extra stuff from market) then chicken salad
    Pizza bread every six minutes
    Commercial Range (two machines - focused on mastering one chilli at a time to fit into their timeframe) used mastery spice - then cheesecake until cream needed elsewhere then steak and eggs
    Chateau Stove (one machine) Apple ginger chicken, ratatoille
    Chateau Oven (one machine) strawberry shortcake, baked onion soup
    Commercial Oven (two machines) margarettia pizza, baked salmon, meatloaf (two mixer making tomatoe sauce)
    Dinner Oven (two machines) chicken broccoli casserole, quiche, sometimes if enough meat an occasional bitterbalen
    Fryer (one machine) averages use twice a day because most flour and sugar was going into other recipes
    Taco Station - I have all three recipes open, at least one recipe every three hours
    I started with 16 mastery spices, mastered another 8 during quest.
    From reading the Forums, I was able to work out to keep my mastery spices for Tumbleweek Onion as it needed so many potatoes and the potatoe turn around time was long.
    I am Level 60, 200 item pantry, 11 market shelves, 8 herb plots
    Also a veteran of the Mother's Day Challenge where it was harder on a higher level as we didn't get flowers.
    And I have never dumped so much food, thrown out so much garlic before.
    Since finishing I have gone back to "my normal" cooking style in the last 24 hours earned 604 hats.
    Hope this helps.
    Best of luck for successful completion.

Bravo!!! Excellent post. Question: By market shelves you mean you "harvest" ELEVEN items each time?QUOTE=sunshine257;1317871]kellbell710 - my tips?
    Let's see - one tablespoon of insomnia, several cups of retirement, with a dash of OCD thrown in for good measure.
    Orange juice (two machines, extra fruit from market) then onto vege juice whilst waiting for oranges
    BLT (two machines, extra stuff from market) cucumber sandwiches whilst waiting for bacon or brushchetta
    Vege Sushie (two machines, extra stuff from market) then chicken salad
    Pizza bread every six minutes
    Commercial Range (two machines - focused on mastering one chilli at a time to fit into their timeframe) used mastery spice - then cheesecake until cream needed elsewhere then steak and eggs
    Chateau Stove (one machine) Apple ginger chicken, ratatoille
    Chateau Oven (one machine) strawberry shortcake, baked onion soup
    Commercial Oven (two machines) margarettia pizza, baked salmon, meatloaf (two mixer making tomatoe sauce)
    Dinner Oven (two machines) chicken broccoli casserole, quiche, sometimes if enough meat an occasional bitterbalen
    Fryer (one machine) averages use twice a day because most flour and sugar was going into other recipes
    Taco Station - I have all three recipes open, at least one recipe every three hours
    I started with 16 mastery spices, mastered another 8 during quest.
    From reading the Forums, I was able to work out to keep my mastery spices for Tumbleweek Onion as it needed so many potatoes and the potatoe turn around time was long.
    I am Level 60, 200 item pantry, 11 market shelves, 8 herb plots
    Also a veteran of the Mother's Day Challenge where it was harder on a higher level as we didn't get flowers.
    And I have never dumped so much food, thrown out so much garlic before.
    Since finishing I have gone back to "my normal" cooking style in the last 24 hours earned 604 hats.
    Hope this helps.
    Best of luck for successful completion.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for any confusion.
    I meant Street Market.
    My pantry refills are all at four.
    Thanks for your lovely response - I needed cheering up.

Rhino Keeper
    Sorry for any confusion.
    I meant Street Market.
    HOW. DID. I. NOT. THINK. PIZZA. BREAD? *dies*

Mother's day's was a nightmare to higher level players, this one at least doesn' punishes us.

Ty for the tips, it's for sure gon help.

Impressive street market. And even more impressive is how organized and strategic you play the game. Thanks for sharing!
    Sorry for any confusion.
    I meant Street Market.

Fashion Designer
    Huge ShoutOut of Congratulations! to all the Chefs that have completed! I know that I am personally neighbors with at least 2 that have posted and finished and I can tell you these ladies and the others that have finished are some Iron Chef Champions in my book! They have worked their hineys off to finish And deserve some well deserved praise! I have 1 more coffee making to earn my bonus and then I have around 2,000 hats to go! Now I will confess I set an alarm and got up in the middle of the night to collect from that bandit! She seriously was a bandit in the fact that she robbed me of sleep! But I was able to finish that and every other challenge. So that was a much need boost of hats! And then I drug my behind out of bed to go to work in the morning. But I needed those beans! LOL!! And sadly now I have a ton of both of the beans in the pantry cause after mastering recipes I haven't used them.

BiggerBubbles! No Gems! �� I must have missed that too if it was listed. Congratulations on finishing!

Don't get discouraged just keep cooking