Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard: Flying Flags. Starts 7/1

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrrem View Post
    Points from chest.

Where are you guys on the LB and how many points are you getting in the chest?.

Last time I was way down at the bottom and was getting 100+ each go. Now I'm in 2nd place (my group aren't really trying -no boosting or states) and I only get 25 points each chest.

Are points from chests higher for the people in lower places? Or is it really just random?
    I have had the same experience in both this leaderboard and the last. A couple of my friends and I have been charting our spinning results and have come to the conclusion that highly ranked players recieve the lowest point chests. S8 claims the results are random, but evidence seems to show that is not the case.

Oops- forgot to include my info: I've been running in 2nd or 3rd place this event and have received nine 25 point chests, one 31 point chest (leader was boosting at the time), one 47 point chest (leader was boosting at the time), and the rest were either trees or coins.

In the Tropic Tide leaderboard, I ran in and finished in 1st and got all 25 and 27 point chests and a ton of palm trees. No variety, at all, on the number of points in the chests.

In the Mama leaderboard, I finished 1st and never dropped below 3rd place, but I recieved a wide variety of points in the chests. I think the change was implemented when they added the 200+ point chests to the event.

(I've been fortunate to be placed in laid-back leaderboard groups so far, and have been able to do pretty well without spending a lot of gold, just a couple here or there to speed up hatchings. This time, I will not finish in the top three because I quit actively participating when I reached my goal of the Sparkler, so I am very interested to see how my chest points will change as I drop in rank).
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 07-07-16 at 07:48 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    My chests seem completely random. I started late in 13th place and worked my way up to second with mostly mid level chests all the way.

Rhino Keeper
    The chests are definitely not random. In the game I am in 1st t 3rd place, I get 25 almost every time...once I got 31. In the game wherefore I am in 10th place, I get as many as 129 and regularly get over 70. Why? Because this tournament is rigged. S8 wants everyone to be close, to encourage people to spend gold. This is just another reason to hate this format. The spin to win has always been skewed and hardly random at all. I get tiles and tire swings at a rate that belies all logic. Very sad. You have to wonder just how much of this game is manipulated to further their coffers.

Rhino Keeper
    Does the dragon monument carry over into future tournaments over does it just become a decoration and worthless

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bozotc19 View Post
    Does the dragon monument carry over into future tournaments over does it just become a decoration and worthless
    It becomes deco. The only one I bought was the tropic tides one, after it went on sale...I got one because it went so very well with the habitat and theme.

I just got the final milestone, and I am 7th in my group, lol. I am now stopping trying at all for this one, looking forward to getting some food this time around.

Executive Chef
    I have 5184. The next person is at 3387. Using around 150 free gold to her ahead and not worry anojt too much. I used boost once and won't bother again, unless someone gets ahead. With four nests I should be fine.

But to be honest, I only care about the milestone gifts because I don't have those dragons. I also think it's cute how they've caught up with DV and let us choose dragons we breed with, by element. Been waiting for that since forever!

The last event was annoying, because I really liked the dragon but someone kept throwing gold around and was over 5000 points ahead of me. We were in the 10,000 and 15,000s by time it was over. Dude wasn't joking around!

And lastly, it's become so boring and predictable,every year someone complaining about the patriotic theme of some game. You know it's an American company and if they didn't do these things, you would have a larger selection of folks complaining about lack of country love. Get over it. They won't stop but you can stop playing.

Personally the design is an eyesore. As red, white and blue can be done well. They look like captain America pet rejects. Either ways, I still want it, just because!

That is all.

Just to clarify!
    Let's say I bred a 10 hr fruitful, am I supposed to get 30 from the breeding den and 30 more when I hatch the egg? Because I'm only getting 10 from the nest and not 30 as I understand from the instructions. This has been happening from the beginning.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    I have had the same experience in both this leaderboard and the last. A couple of my friends and I have been charting our spinning results and have come to the conclusion that highly ranked players recieve the lowest point chests. S8 claims the results are random, but evidence seems to show that is not the case.
    That explains it! I've been wondering why I've been getting so many points from the wheel this time around - regularly well over 100, and much more than in past events. I'm languishing around rank 9 - 10 this time around, much lower than for previous events due to being in a more competitive group. So my experience backs up your theory.

Do S8 really think their players are stupid, that we won't figure out what they're doing? Or do they just not care?

Executive Chef
    Zenkitty I have a feeling player churn may be high, so caring is not high on the priority list.

Nightclub Owner
    My group:
    1. 6900
    2. 5000 (boosting)
    3 to 9 all around 3800
    10 to 18 all around 3300
    19. 2900
    20. 2600
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons