Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard: Flying Flags. Starts 7/1

Rhino Keeper
    Ugh! Where's my dislike button? Really don't like these leaderboards. I was really hoping for a community event this week.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TwiWoods View Post
    Ugh! Where's my dislike button? Really don't like these leaderboards. I was really hoping for a community event this week.
    I was too. This makes two dragon tales and two leaderboards since our last world event. I wonder if they're planning on doing away with them since they might not generate as much money as the other two.

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    I know the people who make the decisions on events see how angry people are about the Leaderboards and the people are right. Not everyone has money to throw in these things, not everyone has IOS devices and people have been known to ***** in leaderboards. Plus the new version of DS crashes A LOT (I like the Halloween version better). Why do a leaderboard for a patriotic weekend in America instead of a World Event? Is it because you screwed up the last World Event by making it impossible to win the Blossom Dragon and you're scrapping World Events altogether? Can we get answers?
    My suggestion to all who are frustrated with these leaderboards is to not participate in them at all. Maybe they'll get the hint then to do away with them.
    Last edited by starship412; 06-30-16 at 09:49 PM. Reason: I guess some of the words were banned, I corrected them

I am wondering why we don't have any other events like we used to do before, such as "dragon summoning", the "Rainbow Sentinel event" or any other old events instead of leaderboard, tales or other events we have now... I think those old events were all good, quite challenging, and many players liked it... Honestly I really missed those old events and I really hope it will come back one day. For leaderboard, sometimes I feel so sorry for those people who didn't make it to the last prize and actually only 2 players could only get it. I mean everybody including me would really hope to get the last prize, but the fact wasn't like that. I lost many foods and golds during last leaderboard and can you guess what I got? I got nothing, till' the end I didn't get Tropic Tide... My grup was too competitive and I couldn't compete with them and thus, I gave up and have to accepted the reality that I couldn't get Tropic Tide even I like it so much. I also had to accepted the reality of losing all my hard save golds for nothing and as the consequence, I couldn't buy Kintsugi, Stainglass, and Midas which appeared later on after leaderboard ended. If I knew those sad ending, I think I wouldn't participate from the beginning. That's another biggest lesson I learnt from this event (and this game) and I am grateful, at least I realized everything now and I am not sleeping anymore, lol... That's also the reason for me not to spend anything anymore for any other upcoming leaderboards. It's unfair for many players and we are grouped to compete each other, many sadness and hatred inside instead of helping each other, love, friendship, and togetherness that we had in "World Events". I believe, many players also must accept the reality of not getting the last prize in leaderboards for many reasons, that's the saddest thing IMO though.

*Even I won Skylord during the first leaderboard, but I didn't happy at all... I felt the sadness of people below me who didn't make it. I also didn't want to use it to battle in tournament because even if I won using Skylord, I can't help many people because I know there are many people who don't have Skylord or dragons with the same color.
    Last edited by stevenlee2905; 06-30-16 at 10:49 PM. Reason: ETA

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by starship412 View Post
    I know the people who make the decisions on events see how angry people are about the Leaderboards and the people are right. Not everyone has money to throw in these things, not everyone has IOS devices and people have been known to ***** in leaderboards. Plus the new version of DS crashes A LOT (I like the Halloween version better). Why do a leaderboard for a patriotic weekend in America instead of a World Event? Is it because you screwed up the last World Event by making it impossible to win the Blossom Dragon and you're scrapping World Events altogether? Can we get answers?
    My suggestion to all who are frustrated with these leaderboards is to not participate in them at all. Maybe they'll get the hint then to do away with them.

It's all about money. There are plenty of competitive players out there who are more than willing to dump cash into the game to win. As long as they exist, the leaderboard events will exist, so I think it is safe to assume that the leaderboard is here to stay. And, if three events worth of both negative and constructive criticism hasn't made S8 change their minds, it is highly doubtful they ever will.

So, we average and non-competitive players must take these nasty, sour lemons we have been given and make some lemonade. Winning a premium habitat is some pretty sweet lemonade! Looking at the habitat milestone as my 'grand prize' allows me to actually enjoy the event. And, if they take away the habitat prizes or put them out of reach (I have a feeling that will be next), I'll just create a new leaderboard goal for myself.

Trying to 'win' an event specifically designed to sell gold leads to nothing but an empty wallet or bitter disappointment- and that sucks. Sadly, S8 appears to be moving to this 'pay to win' model in most of their 'Story' games. The best way to deal with this (besides rage-quitting) is playing the game your own way and ignoring the rest. Good luck!
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 06-30-16 at 11:10 PM. Reason: clarity

Straight after another event? Bummed. No food to speak of, spent some gold on the last event and got no dragon last leaderboard despite going to bed an hour before finish at least 1000 points ahead of my pack. These are designed for those who can spend endless real money.

Executive Chef
    The beauty of being a non-US'er is that I am not too concerned about getting these dragons. That's a good thing because I really dislike these events. They are hugely weighted towards people with gold, and dependent on the group you are in. If you get a group that's non-competitive or low gold spenders, you can win 1st place easily, whereas someone else who does EXACTLY the same as you in another pool can get nothing.

Not cool. As they would say down this way, "That's just not cricket".

I will not participate! Without spending golds it is imposible to get all prizes. Too often is this Leaderboards,wich almost all players don't like,...for this I think that it would no longer play this game. I'm very sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Xyn25 View Post
    It's easier to get all of the milestones without using gold if you're an iOS user. As android users, although we're grouped in platform based leaderboards, are at a disadvantage from the start regarding milestones, because we'll get less points in total. I wouldn't complain as much if I had a fairer chance to at least get the milestone dragons. I won the last leaderboard by feeding a lot and still couldn't get the final milestone.
    Ohh no sorry to hear that but I'm android I didn't have that trouble, my secret is I keep all my eggs on nest & keep the temple ready and waiting to collect as the leaderboards start so lots of players think I spend gold when really I don't plus I'm very lucky with the wheel, I always spin lots of points ...

Fashion Designer
    Seems these are taking the place of community events, Bahamas humbug. Very bad idea

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast