Thread: NOW what to do?

Executive Chef

NOW what to do?

So many things going on...new events, new items, new shops, new trees...

I now have not quite 350,000 in coins. I still need to buy 4 more pear trees (50,000 each for 200,000), and then there are the 4 goats (100,000 each for 400,000) and their pen (49,000). Now there's the 4 peach trees (50,000 each for 200,000) plus apparently a quest series attached to it.

The events drain my coins quickly...but should I get the peach trees and do the goals, or should I try to hold out and accomplish one thing at a time?

Farm Supplier
    I earn my coins by selling flax,and sugar cane. I am currently selling my flax between 165-168 , sugar cane 168-170 coins. (now I have almost 2 million)

Last time when i have only 100-200 hundred thousand, I sell both my flax and sugar cane @ cheap price between 158-163 because i want fast money, and they sold out very fast. I also sell juice below market value ..I mostly sell things below market value last time. I just want money coming in very fast

I am quite free during day time so I manage to plant it many times..

Android players do not have much events, so I able to keep some coins.
    Last edited by elsie0104; 06-24-16 at 10:50 PM.

Grand Emperor
    I would advise you to go for the Peach Trees goal first since it mentioned a time limited chance to win a piglet. Then save up your coins again for the remaining pear trees and goats.

You may want to consider this - set a resolution not to do any deliveries (trains, trucks, planes, balloons) for 2 weeks or whatever time span you need, just concentrate on crafting goods for sale. And never leave a shop slot empty in your shop, just load some crops or fruit or even simple items like feed, cheese, flour etc when you are waiting for the longer time crafts to finish. I did this before when I was too far behind and too poor to buy several items. Just pure crafting and sale for 2 weeks, then you'll re-evaluate afterwhich if you need to lengthen the period.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for the advice. With so many of my delivery orders now asking for smoked goods, goat's milk products, and pear things, it may not be that difficult to forego deliveries for a while. And with the truck asking for such astounding quantities, it shouldn't be too difficult to hold off there either (though I would like the smokehouse if I can get it). Maybe if I've actually crafted what's needed for the truck?

But I'll go ahead and get the peach trees forthwith. Thanks!

Grand Emperor
    I think it's easier to attain the goats and pear trees given its only money issue and that can be solved by sale and earnings. At the moment, I think your deliveries will be affected by goat items, pear items, smoked items. So solve the easier ones first and as for the smoked items, well, who knows when we'll get the smokehouse and the Truck only use up your resources (coins and crafts). Your call on the rest, but good decision on the Peach trees, at least you'll get to earn the Spotted piglet.

Executive Chef
    So, I'm holding off on deliveries, but I will do the latest train, if only because I already have everything (or will once my last candle finishes) to get 2 gems. As expected, the truck wants more than I can acquire in time (16 black truffles...just tried truffle hunting, found 10 BROWN truffles and only 3 black ones...go figure) so no problem with letting that take a back seat. Plane deliveries I've been discarding left and right since they keep asking for things I don't have access to (pears and now peaches, smokehouse, and goats). Or the ones that have would take too long to craft...so, I've only really been sending out crops (and maybe biscuits or cornbread) but that's about it.

The hardest part is trying to figure out what to craft in hopes of rebuilding my coin stash. I need to find a way to streamline production so that everything I craft can be used in another machine, so as to maintain space in my barn. For example, devote the Chocolatier to crafting cocoa into dark chocolate (and only dark chocolate), then send the dark chocolate into the Ice Creamery to make chocolate ice cream (and only chocolate ice cream).

Any suggestions on any other suitable chains so as to keep everything running smoothly? I'll probably devote one Windmill to doing sugar and the other alternating between flour and cornstarch, and one Dairy to butter and the other alternating between cheese and cream. For everything else, though...I'm kind of at a loss of what to do with all the other buildings.

Grand Emperor
    I basically have a few standard crafts I'll keep doing and the rest depends on whenever which crops or animals are ready. I'll craft the short hours items when I can play and the longer ones overnight.

Dairy - one to do butter, the other alternating cheese and cream. Overnight - butter, goat cheese
    Windmills - one to do flour, the other white sugar for day time. Overnight - corn starch and brown sugar
    Bakery - bread to supply the deli for crafts and longer hours crafts at night. Between bread, I craft other short time items whenever the ingredients are ready.
    Chocolatier - dark brown choc to supply the candy maker, ice creamery etc
    Cafe - coffee or tea daytime to supply for longer crafts at night.

Well you catch my drift. Basically I just toss in whatever is ready for 7 slots and leave it until ready to collect all for sale. I craft the same for all 7 slots and then start another craft when they are ready to put up for sale. None of my machines idles and I always fill my shop to the slots whenever I collect them. I sell everything from high end items to simple crafts like feed, crops, cheese, flour etc.

To know what sells is a little tricky - it depends on your neighbours' needs and preference. What sells for me may not work for you cos our neighbours are different. Try selling all sorts of things and see what sells faster and what are stuck. From there you will know what to make. Sorry for the rambling, just throwing in ideas and I play at whim sometimes lol.