Page 125 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1561

Thread: Castle Story: 6/16 Update - Essence of the Forest Event | EXPIRED

Rhino Keeper

Totally disappointed with this event

Quote Originally Posted by Baya_N View Post
    Right! I have been playing for two years and a half now. This is the second time in a few months that an event cannot be finished without spending a lot of gems. The first time I recognised it in an early stage. Now, I found out on day 10. The horror!
    For a long time, I wonder why this game cannot be played without consulting the forum. For this reason I took over the game from my four year old son, back then. But if you have to consult the manual at every step, it becomes a little bit boring. Especially if you have to collect large numbers of things. A tendency in the events since half a year.
    Like others already mentioned, the dropping rates are changed to create shortage at the deadline. I also noticed that new items are created so that the long time players have no benefit from their stocks.
    The thistles made it impossible for me to finish the event. 9 forest extract are missing, only 8 hours are remaining, and since they drop 2 per three hours... And I have spent all my remaining gems on the forest dahlia to get through chapter 9.
    I'm disappointed. I have spent much too much time. I'm out. (Though my children may keep on playing every now and then.) It was fun, when the game was about developing a castle and the storyline seemed to be leading somewhere.
    I totally agree with the criticism above - especially comments relating to long time regulars getting no benefit from dollars/gems invested over 2 years. Sadly I think I am done. No fun when the task is nigh on impossible unless you give up every other aspect of your daily life. Realising at Stage 8 that I wouldn't make it I accepted the $7.99 offer and paid for the seeds from adventure. I have 121 of them in my inventory yet am only 51% to achieving the goal. How can this be? I feel *****ed and like player above will pass this on to grandchildren. Of course they are not permitted to spend so it's Team Lava who will miss out on my small but regular donations. Very disappointed.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Essence Of The Forest - Additional/Side Goals
    These goals will show up in your blue goal book.
    They have the same timer as the main goal.
    There are no rewards for completing these goals.

note: these goals are optional. They were designed to follow the story only. There is no reward for completing any of these. There is no use for seeds once chapter 4 is complete.

Essence of the Forest Pt 1
    Triggered when Chapter 1, Goal 3 begins

Ivy: We're going to need as many Forest Seeds as we can get to restore the Forest Tree! Let's find some more.
    * Collect Forest Seeds 0/20 GO (skip 200)
    Ivy: Now let's see what these seeds can do!

Essence of the Forest Pt 2
    Triggered when Chapter 3, Goal 3 begins

Ivy: The Iceland Poppies are smelling the extra fragrant lately, I think having this magical Forest Tree around is causing them to grow Forest Petals!
    * Collect Forest Seeds 0/45 (skip x)
    * Collect Forest Petals 0/20 (skip 60)

Essence of the Forest Pt 3
    Triggered when Chapter 5, Goal 4 begins

Ivy: A Petal Potion is the perfect remedy to help this Forest Tree thrive! Let's mix some more up.
    * Collect 75 Forest Seeds 0/75
    * Craft petal Potion 0/? (probably only 1 or 2)
    * Slay Forest Raccoons 0/18

Essence of the Forest Pt 4
    Triggered when Chapter 7, Goal 2 or 3 begins

Ivy:The more Forest Spirits we can tame the better! I think I saw a Forest Raccoon around here somewhere
    * Collect forest Seeds 0/110
    * Craft Petal Potion 0/8
    * Collect Forest Nectar 0/20
    * Slay Forest Raccoons 0/40
    Note: you can go over the cap when collecting seeds for this goal....
    Dear SpiritWind
    Your guide says 121 seeds needed to complete Part 4. I have 121 in my inventory yet it shows me as having progressed only 51%. I even purchased the $10 AUD bonus package to ensure I could complete in time. I feel *****ed and seriously doubt I can be bothered continuing despite the considerable investment to date. The tasks were not even enjoyable and seem designed to deter players from continuing. Remember we don't all sit with iPads/ phones in hand 20 hours a day. Most of us have jobs and families and other hobbies. Once this becomes stressful- no longer fun- then we will leave.
    Very disappointed

See post from last page.
    I totally agree with the criticism above - especially comments relating to long time regulars getting no benefit from dollars/gems invested over 2 years. Sadly I think I am done. No fun when the task is nigh on impossible unless you give up every other aspect of your daily life. Realising at Stage 8 that I wouldn't make it I accepted the $7.99 offer and paid for the seeds from adventure. I have 121 of them in my inventory yet am only 51% to achieving the goal. How can this be? I feel *****ed and like player above will pass this on to grandchildren. Of course they are not permitted to spend so it's Team Lava who will miss out on my small but regular donations. Very disappointed.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm kind of relieved to read the issues that others are having and that the game is expecting us to use gems to complete - not in a mean way though. Its just that I cant even get the game to stay open, so I was worried about missing out on a fun quest, but from reading here.... not so much now.

After the recent fiasco 'that cant be named' , I am truly surprised that it didnt make S8 double and triple check the changes to ensure that this release was actually ready - which it isnt. A release isnt ready when it doesnt stay open (not playable) because it uses so much RAM to do so.

I was actually happy when I saw that we (Android users) could finally get daily bonuses and gifts from watching videos. *shrug* doesnt matter what we get if the game doesnt even stay open.

ETA: I have read the thread in Bugs and Issues. Nothing works.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    @ellerslie6, I didn't do the side goals, the notes are only what the screen shot goal says. the seeds don't accumulate from the previous step. They only started registering for each part when the goal hit your book. So there is only some cross over. It's 110 adventures from when that last goal hit your book. Well, that's how it looks like to me...

New Resident
    I've been reading this forum for assistance with goals since I started playing almost 2 years ago. Until recently I enjoyed the energy and excitement of the many players on the forum! Many thanks to all who have been such amazing players and shared so many great tips and comments. However, lately there are so many discruntled players, it's not as enjoyable. I fully understand their frustrations and felt compelled to join the forum and put in my 2 cents for what it's worth. I'm so disappointed, as many others, with some of storm 8's recent practices. It started with the Glimmer Alicorn and revoking the amount of energy gained each day, especially since I used all of my gold coins to make 2 of them. I've heard others were rembursed but I was NOT. With technology the way it is, I shouldn't have to complain and write a letter to get them back. They can see who spent what, I'm positive they track the stats, and I'm positive they changed the rules because They realized it wasn't cost effective for them to have players getting 40 energy each day from their glimmer alicorns. Now they set extra goals yet there are no rewards for completing them and they require a lot of energy to complete. What's the point? I understand and enjoy a good challenge. I'm not upset that some of the challenges are difficult at times....it's a game! What I'm pissed at is the fact I feel *****ed and taken advantage of when there is no way to finish a goal, even if you did put in the extra effort, unless you pay money and then they still have the ability to recant it if they realize something a player paid for will not be cost effective for them in the long run. I'm still playing, because I have 4 other co-workers I've turned on to this game. HOWEVER, they are feeling like myself and we are all discussing changing over to something else. Giving a gift of a dragon is nice, thank you.....sincerely! BUT, it's not going to take away the bad taste left in everyone's mouth if storm 8 doesn't pull it together. My advise, take it or leave it storm 8... put more effort into some quality control. There are too many bugs worked out during play that should have been worked out during programing and testing phases.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by paisley777 View Post
    d'uh!

Thanks
    You are welcome
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Tip for those still going, get two blue trees this way you can have the one to upgrade for the game and store at the end now that they offer it and a second to bring to level 3-4 if able to and leave out for deco
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

I'm feeling the same way. I accepted the bugs when I started playing 3 years ago as it was a new game. I've financially supported the game to the tune of a couple of hundred dollars and been a daily Level 50 player for over 2 years. The game has changed in the last 12 months. This event has been the most time consuming and confusing of all. I will just be able to finish this event, but have been stressed and angry really. I will no longer financially support the game, nor do another one of these almost impossible to finish events. I realise now why I have lost so may Level 50 long time playing neighbours.
    Quote Originally Posted by savage009 View Post
    I've been reading this forum for assistance with goals since I started playing almost 2 years ago. Until recently I enjoyed the energy and excitement of the many players on the forum! Many thanks to all who have been such amazing players and shared so many great tips and comments. However, lately there are so many discruntled players, it's not as enjoyable. I fully understand their frustrations and felt compelled to join the forum and put in my 2 cents for what it's worth. I'm so disappointed, as many others, with some of storm 8's recent practices. It started with the Glimmer Alicorn and revoking the amount of energy gained each day, especially since I used all of my gold coins to make 2 of them. I've heard others were rembursed but I was NOT. With technology the way it is, I shouldn't have to complain and write a letter to get them back. They can see who spent what, I'm positive they track the stats, and I'm positive they changed the rules because They realized it wasn't cost effective for them to have players getting 40 energy each day from their glimmer alicorns. Now they set extra goals yet there are no rewards for completing them and they require a lot of energy to complete. What's the point? I understand and enjoy a good challenge. I'm not upset that some of the challenges are difficult at times....it's a game! What I'm pissed at is the fact I feel *****ed and taken advantage of when there is no way to finish a goal, even if you did put in the extra effort, unless you pay money and then they still have the ability to recant it if they realize something a player paid for will not be cost effective for them in the long run. I'm still playing, because I have 4 other co-workers I've turned on to this game. HOWEVER, they are feeling like myself and we are all discussing changing over to something else. Giving a gift of a dragon is nice, thank you.....sincerely! BUT, it's not going to take away the bad taste left in everyone's mouth if storm 8 doesn't pull it together. My advise, take it or leave it storm 8... put more effort into some quality control. There are too many bugs worked out during play that should have been worked out during programing and testing phases.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mayennalee View Post
    I'm kind of relieved to read the issues that others are having and that the game is expecting us to use gems to complete - not in a mean way though. Its just that I cant even get the game to stay open, so I was worried about missing out on a fun quest, but from reading here.... not so much now.

After the recent fiasco 'that cant be named' , I am truly surprised that it didnt make S8 double and triple check the changes to ensure that this release was actually ready - which it isnt. A release isnt ready when it doesnt stay open (not playable) because it uses so much RAM to do so.

I was actually happy when I saw that we (Android users) could finally get daily bonuses and gifts from watching videos. *shrug* doesnt matter what we get if the game doesnt even stay open.

ETA: I have read the thread in Bugs and Issues. Nothing works.
    Are you on the new update for CS version 1.5.0.6g because mine was the same till I updated again.
    -------------------------------------------------Signature ----------------------------------------------------------

WILL NEVER BUY GEMS UNTIL THE PURPLE ALICORN GETS THE 40 ENERGY BACK THAT WAS ADVERTISED

On. Some quests game does not recognize things prepared in advance so if I make petal potion can I use it???