Page 124 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1561

Thread: Castle Story: 6/16 Update - Essence of the Forest Event | EXPIRED

Rhino Keeper
    Would it be possible to have a raccoon as a permanent character? They are SO cute.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    Okay, I just finished. Here is my feedback on this event.

1. This was too complicated. It was very confusing with all the different drops. Descriptions were vague and needed focus. This is proved by the need to adjust downward on the requirements when the event was in progress. Good job, though, on responding quickly to glitches and feedback.

2. Needing to speed up the flowers frequently to obtain the necessary drops. Too much trying to be squeezed into the 24 hour time frame for each stage of the event. I probably spent 100 gems on this just to be able to finish. I don't mind spending a few gems, but it mathematically shouldn't be necessary to speed things up just to get the required supplies. The 3 hour timer on the one flower (thistle?) was too long, but what would be preferable is more drops.

3. The graphics were very nice! The raccoons in particular, and the green stag are lovely. The tree was looking nice until the final upgrade.

4. The side goals were completely unnecessary and just created confusion. I bailed on the strawberry goal at 43 collected. With a return of one or two seeds every trip, there was no way to do this. Side goals should augment the main challenge, not waste energy you need for the main challenge.

5. Having goals with low return on a 30 minute timer is problematic. Many folks can only check in once or twice a day.

6. I get very anxiety ridden when things get cut so close on the different stages. It's much better to allow more time or make the stages easier. This is a game, after all, and should be fun and relaxing, not difficult and time consuming.

That's all I can think of right now. Thanks for listening!
    Right! I have been playing for two years and a half now. This is the second time in a few months that an event cannot be finished without spending a lot of gems. The first time I recognised it in an early stage. Now, I found out on day 10. The horror!
    For a long time, I wonder why this game cannot be played without consulting the forum. For this reason I took over the game from my four year old son, back then. But if you have to consult the manual at every step, it becomes a little bit boring. Especially if you have to collect large numbers of things. A tendency in the events since half a year.
    Like others already mentioned, the dropping rates are changed to create shortage at the deadline. I also noticed that new items are created so that the long time players have no benefit from their stocks.
    The thistles made it impossible for me to finish the event. 9 forest extract are missing, only 8 hours are remaining, and since they drop 2 per three hours... And I have spent all my remaining gems on the forest dahlia to get through chapter 9.
    I'm disappointed. I have spent much too much time. I'm out. (Though my children may keep on playing every now and then.) It was fun, when the game was about developing a castle and the storyline seemed to be leading somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    You had to use 8 seeds in 2.2 to grow the sapling. The essence of the forest keeps track of how many seeds you've collected total. Check your inventory to see how many seeds you actually have. (Should be 3)
    Thank you!

Rhino Keeper
    This is my first post even though I've checked the forums quite often in the past months for help on this type of quest or event. Even though I qualify myself as an experienced player, I would have NEVER been able to complete this event (it will be complete in two hours... After I upgrade the tree and collect) without the players who spent gems on this to go faster and who shared with us tips and tricks.

Also, a big thank you to Pika and the other moderators who helped relay issues to S8 staff to show them that they needed to change a few things to make this event remotely doable. If it weren't for the fact that I was on vacation this week, I would have not been able to complete the event even with the few changes they made.

I hope that S8 staff make future events doable for people who can't play every single hour! I had to set up alarms to be able to collect on time! I also had to spend a few gems but, luckily, not ones that I bought. I did have to reach level 61 in Frozen Mania in order to get 7 gems that helped me speed up the thistle.

Thanks everyone!

100% agree with Queenzod.
    Last edited by gorrith; 06-25-16 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarfDump View Post
    Dont worry! you wont lose anything as long as you have a storm id connected to your game! i like to reinstall once a week/ month just to clear the cache and have less storage used up!
    I'm on an iPad, but I'm curious, how this works? If you reinstall it decreases the amount of storage you use? I'm worried about losing where I'm at as well. Thanks for posting this, I didn't know you could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ktorewqas View Post
    Check if you have a monster on board. Easy way to find it out is to turn on the game music.
    d'uh!

Thanks

Doodle doo, there are pictures of all the things for this Storybook event including all the tree levels on page 46 of this discussion. Hope this helps.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by doodledoo20000 View Post
    Can someone tell me what level the tree has the blue lights on the trunk? I'm trying to decide if I want to level up my second tree--I think I could get to level 3 or 4, but not 5 and I don't want to waste the time and effort if it's only different on level 5... The photos I've seen as I've gone through the comments make it look like it is level 5, but on the official pictures, level 5 doesn't have the lights (and mine does) so I'm just not sure... Thanks!!
    Level 4 & 5 have blue lights. Little difference between.I have one of each now. Just waiting for more nectar to upgrade both to level 5. My drop rates were steadfastly at 1/3 hrs for thistle & 1/1hr for nectar. Glad I have no wish for a tree with red curlers. LOL over that post.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by raghadd1 View Post
    You welcome to my new square opening

Attachment 31933

Thank you storm8 team
    it looks the size of a dog compared to the characters.