Page 57 of 157 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 6/16 Update - Essence of the Forest Event | EXPIRED

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    Ok - so I'm not super high level, but not that low either IMO. I'm at level 31.
    I'm sitting on Chapter 3, goal 4.
    Trying my darnest to make enough swords to go on the adventure to get enough forest seeds. I do have 2 magic forges working - hard to get enough rock.

Seems a little crazy that one has to be so high in level to be able to get somewhere in these timed events. It shouldn't be this hard.
    If you need more iron ore for your swords, purchase Iron Rich Rock for 5,200 coins in the market - under Nature - other. I'm more concerned about chapter 9 ... 40 trade tickets in one day?? I had recently exchanged my trade tickets for an expansion permit..

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    So, on day 10....IF we manage to get the last 5 neighbor requests immediately, do four 1 hour trades (assuming trade 1 is ready to collect, that is still the first 3 hours of day 10 gone.) Then we have to collect 40 forest blooms (hoping for multiple drops every time!) and craft 4 forest magic @2 hours each (another 8 hours gone from day ten)
    And after we do all of that.....if we can manage to get it all done in the least possible time.....we then have to collect from a tree that has a timer of 22 hours to complete this and win the grand prize?!?!? At a time when we will have AT MOST 12 hours left to complete?!?!?

Congratulations S8. You win. You have finally managed to give us an update that is impossible to complete without using gems. I do not have a 40 hour a week job. I play a lot and often during the day. Up until reading about that 22 hour timer I thought it MIGHT be possible without gems or sleep, but you fixed that by forcing the tree collection. And to add insult to injury, the "prizes" aren't worth even one tenth of the effort and materials required to get them. (Honestly, there are easier and quicker ways to get plain old wood. Visit a sawmill. Chop a tree.) There's a lot more I'd like to say, but I'm sure it would get edited out anyway. So I'll leave it at this....I play several 'free' games and none of them are so blatant about forcing people to pay to play as this game has become. (And interestingly enough, I occasionally pay to play those other games, quite willingly, without being or feeling forced to do so.) It makes me sad, because this used to be my favorite game for so many reasons.
    ✅✅✅ and ✅
    I'm amazed at all the different items: seeds, petals, wood, nectar, spirits, extract, blooms!! in these goals.
    All this crafting, collecting and the workshop is useless after the event? I guess the thistle is as well. And for what ... a troll snot colored, psychedelic Stag that drops item/items easily obtained from other sources.
    I'm continuing only until & when I reach a point it's become, IMO, completely absurd (definition: utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false). And it's pretty close to that already.

And I feel for all the players (and there are many-1 who just posted they've been doing it for 5 days) who have watered & watered the tree, which makes sense by the way because of the goal's wording, only to find out it had to be upgraded instead.
    Last edited by meme1098; 06-21-16 at 06:28 AM.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    So, on day 10....IF we manage to get the last 5 neighbor requests immediately, do four 1 hour trades (assuming trade 1 is ready to collect, that is still the first 3 hours of day 10 gone.) Then we have to collect 40 forest blooms (hoping for multiple drops every time!) and craft 4 forest magic @2 hours each (another 8 hours gone from day ten)
    And after we do all of that.....if we can manage to get it all done in the least possible time.....we then have to collect from a tree that has a timer of 22 hours to complete this and win the grand prize?!?!? At a time when we will have AT MOST 12 hours left to complete?!?!?

Congratulations S8. You win. You have finally managed to give us an update that is impossible to complete without using gems. I do not have a 40 hour a week job. I play a lot and often during the day. Up until reading about that 22 hour timer I thought it MIGHT be possible without gems or sleep, but you fixed that by forcing the tree collection. And to add insult to injury, the "prizes" aren't worth even one tenth of the effort and materials required to get them. (Honestly, there are easier and quicker ways to get plain old wood. Visit a sawmill. Chop a tree.) There's a lot more I'd like to say, but I'm sure it would get edited out anyway. So I'll leave it at this....I play several 'free' games and none of them are so blatant about forcing people to pay to play as this game has become. (And interestingly enough, I occasionally pay to play those other games, quite willingly, without being or feeling forced to do so.) It makes me sad, because this used to be my favorite game for so many reasons.
    I thought the 40 trade tickets was already ridiculous, but reading this.......
    ? ? ? ? ?
    I am Zelda

40 trade tickets

Crazy hey!

I seem to be stuck here. I'm on chapter 6 goal 2. I visited Old Thomas' house about 10 times and have not gotten 1 forest thistle. What am I doing wrong?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by homegrrrl View Post
    I seem to be stuck here. I'm on chapter 6 goal 2. I visited Old Thomas' house about 10 times and have not gotten 1 forest thistle. What am I doing wrong?
    Have you checked your inventory? Force close and check again.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by homegrrrl View Post
    Check your inventory. You should have received a Forest Thistle from Old Thomas. Place the Forest Thistle and then wait for the timer to pop up (3 hours per collection). If you can't find it, do the usual force close and restart game.

Rhino Keeper
    So far, the event was not impossible to do, and every day I was done with each chapter if not in the morning, then the latest was early afternoon. I don't know if the event will get more complex in the coming days, to the point when I will be unable to finish the goals. But a few valid concerns have been raised here multiple times, and I (reading this thread from day 1) did not see that any of these concerns were addressed by either S8 Staff or via moderators:

1. 40 Trade Tickets: Can players do other trades, like "Rare Fruit Trade" or "Eggs & Diary Exchange" (both take 2 hours each), instead of the "Royal Supply Trade"? Was Royal Supply Trade mentioned in the goal description, only as an example of a possible trade one can do, just because it takes the least amount of time to perform?

2. 25 Forest Stones: if Chapter 9 is moving into Day 10, what is the deadline to complete the entire event? Do we need to finish all Chapter 10 goals by the end of 24 hours of Day 10?

3. 22 hour collection timer on Level 6 Forest Tree: that again should not be an issue if one does not have to finish Chapter 10 by the end of 24 hour period on Day 10. (I remember someone already mention somewhere in this thread that you don't have to finish Chapter 10 by the end of Day 10). Can either S8 staff of moderators confirm if this is true or not?

I m sure if these 3 major concerns are addressed, there will be less frustration about this event. Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepastry View Post
    So far, the event was not impossible to do, and every day I was done with each chapter if not in the morning, then the latest was early afternoon. I don't know if the event will get more complex in the coming days, to the point when I will be unable to finish the goals. But a few valid concerns have been raised here multiple times, and I (reading this thread from day 1) did not see that any of these concerns were addressed by either S8 Staff or via moderators:

1. 40 Trade Tickets: Can players do other trades, like "Rare Fruit Trade" or "Eggs & Diary Exchange" (both take 2 hours each), instead of the "Royal Supply Trade"? Was Royal Supply Trade mentioned in the goal description, only as an example of a possible trade one can do, just because it takes the least amount of time to perform?

2. 25 Forest Stones: if Chapter 9 is moving into Day 10, what is the deadline to complete the entire event? Do we need to finish all Chapter 10 goals by the end of 24 hours of Day 10?

3. 22 hour collection timer on Level 6 Forest Tree: that again should not be an issue if one does not have to finish Chapter 10 by the end of 24 hour period on Day 10. (I remember someone already mention somewhere in this thread that you don't have to finish Chapter 10 by the end of Day 10). Can either S8 staff of moderators confirm if this is true or not?

I m sure if these 3 major concerns are addressed, there will be less frustration about this event. Thanks!
    Unfortunately people who already are finished used gems so if this is like any regular storybook you have 24 hours to complete each chapter if you are waiting for the next chapter to open. So yes if you get to chapter 9 you will have to wait til the next day to finish 9 then 10 will automatically start. Then you'll have whatever is left out of 24 hours to finish chapter 10. This is the first storybook where it is impossible to finish a day in 24 hours. So we won't know what happens til we get there. But from the steps posted so far there isn't enough time to finish even if your on your devise 24 hours. For those who don't come here have no chance to finish.

Rhino Keeper
    Is it even worth it to use 40 permits or gems for chapter 9 with the trades if the tree has a 22 hour timer. Why does it go from 3 hours to 22 hours. Really disappointed in this event. Hopefully spiritwind will have answers for us soon.