Page 1 of 157 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 6/16 Update - Essence of the Forest Event | EXPIRED

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story: 6/16 Update - Essence of the Forest Event | EXPIRED

Storybook Event: Essence Of The Forest
    * Finish all Chapters of Essence Of The Forest to restore the Forest Tree and earn the Forest Stag!

** A huge thank you to dragongold1 for posting the future goal steps...

* Time zone converter: compare where you are with California
    * [==Update requires app update to Version 1.5+, Level 15+, and will be available to start beginning 06/16. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 06/20.==]
    * Note: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO START IMMEDIATELY... YOU CAN CHOSE TO START 'LATER'.

* This event is available on both platforms.
    * For Android players, you must update to 1.5.0.4g as minimum version is 1.5.
    * For iOS players, you must update to 1.5.2

How a Storybook Event works
    1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
    2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
    3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
    4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

ISSUES, BUGS and FIXES!
    RESOLVED...17 June
    I saw the forest workshop and bought it. Built it. Now It tells me to buy one. Doesn't recognize that I have it. Would buy another but can't find it. Help!
    no, don't buy another one. I've already reported this... + DON'T buy a second sapling either - it has the same glitch. This is being investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Thank you guys for your patience, this has been fixed. Please force close your game to continue on to the next task. If you are still stuck on this, please let me know.
    Posted 20 June:
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Ok, here we go:

[Feedback sent to Devs means it won't change for this event.]

1. Side Goals: confirmed no rewards and no need to do them if you don't want to. These side Goals are just to guide you through the event.
    [Feedback sent to Dev's about no rewards]

2. The Forest Workshop and Racoons post event: The workshop will turn into a decoration after the event. The Forest Wood and Forest Raccoons are only for this event.

3. Can we keep the 2nd tree if we have one? Yes, you can keep the second tree.

4. 25 neighbour requests... I asked for an increase in the response rate.
    [Feedback shared with Dev's] Update 6/22 - Changed this to 20 requests.[PikaSquirrel]

5. 40 trade tickets
    [Feedback shared with Dev's] Update 6/23 - Changed CH9 Task 2 to accept any trade in Royal Exchange. Previously only accepted 'Royal Supply Crate' trade. So it no longer requires 40 Trade Tickets to complete this task.[PikaSquirrel]
    Another update:
    Chapter 9, Goal 2 now will work with ANY trades in the Royal Exchange. Instead of doing the 'Royal Supply Crate' trade4x, you can now do any trade 4x and you will complete this.
    Again thank you guys so much for all the feedback! I will update this in the first page.
    UPDATE: Level 6 Forest Tree has been changed to a 1 hour timer. The timer for level 6 will return to a 22 hour timer after the event. Will update this info in the first page as well.
    23 June: Stag image fixed! you must uninstall / reinstall the game though to see the new and improved Forest Stag. Thanks to SparklyOctopus!

Information about the Additional/Side goals are in post 2 below

Need more Longswords: Crafted: magic forge; Found: jousting arena, Thurston's house, Destrier, Rouncey, Dragon Bones (Baron's tent prize), Fireworks Dragon (Baron's tent), Troll Training Ground, Dragons, Armored Fire Dragon, Armored Ice Dragon, Knights Hall

Chapter 1: Old Thomas - Ivy seems to have stumbled upon an old forest whilst out on her walk. It appears to be dying, but she is hopeful that there is a chance we will be able to restore it. Young Ruler, venture out into the forest and see what you can find.

Chapter 1:
    Goal 1 Visit Ivy's Hut 0/1 VISIT (skip 15)
    Goal 2 Go on Forest Adventure 0/1 GO | 5 strawberries, 1 longsword | Castle only, 30 minutes | speed up is 2
    Goal 3 Find 3 more forest seeds 0/3 FIND (you need to keep adventuring)

Chapter 2: Old Thomas - Ahh, Forest Seeds. I wonder if we would be able to sprout anything from these tiny vessels of life. Come by my house and we shall think of a plan.

Chapter 2:
    Goal 1 Visit old Thomas' House 0/1 VISIT (skip 4) Reward: 1 Fresh Soil
    Goal 2 Grow the Forest Sapling 0/1 GO | Potion Shop 2 hours | 8 seeds, 10 water
    Goal 3 Upgrade the Forest Sapling into the Forest Tree 0/1 GO| 10 seeds, 15 water

Chapter 3: Ivy - The Forest Sapling has started to bloom! It's going to take more than a little water to fully restore it, though. Let's build a Forest Workshop so we have plenty of space to work on what we'll need!

Chapter 3:
    Goal 1 Look for Supplies (check the sawmill) 0/1 SEARCH (skip 8) Reward: 1 Forest Straw
    Goal 2 Build the Forest Workshop 0/1 GO Reward: 1 Forest Petal | 4 stone block, 4 wooden beam, 2 forest seeds
    Goal 3 Find Forest Petals 0/4 GO (collect from iceland poppies) [they don't drop every collection]
    Goal 4 Collect From Forest Tree Level 2 0/1 GO | 20 water, 14 forest seeds, 10 forest petals

Chapter 4: Ivy - Those seeds don't seem to be just ordinary old seeds -- I think they're full of magic! I wonder what kind of potion we can create from them. Can you collect some more Forest Seeds while I work out a recipe?

Chapter 4:
    Goal 1 Go on Forest Adventure 0/2 GO (skip 50) Reward: 1 Petal Potion
    Goal 2 Make Petal Potions 0/1 GO | Forest Workshop 1 hour | 10 Forest Petal, 10 sap
    Goal 3 Collect From Forest Tree Level 3 0/1 GO | 20 forest petals, 18 forest seeds, 3 petal potions, 25 water

All these trees take 5 waters to grow from sapling to tree
    cost | tree name | no of chops | time between waters

300 Willow tree | 10 chops | 5 minutes
    400 Elm tree | 8 chops | 3 minutes
    400 Oak tree | 8 chops | 30 minutes
    500 White birch tree | 10 chops | 10 minutes
    600 Aspen tree | 6 chops | 5 minutes
    700 Red acer tree | 10 chops | 10 minutes
    700 Crab apple tree | 10 chops | 3 minutes
    900 Yellow acer tree | 10 chops | 5 minutes
    1000 Pine tree | 10 chops | 15 minutes

(White birch doesn't seem to work... Oak trees are excellent for me.)

Chapter 5: Old Thomas - I heard a rumor that you ran into Forest Monsters on your adventure, Young Ruler. These spirits can be dangerous, and may also be the cause of the forests troubles. There is a good chance that they may have followed you back to the Kingdom, we had better forge a sword for protection.

Chapter 5:
    Goal 1 Read about the Forest Sword 0/1 READ (skip 4) Reward: 1 Forest Wood
    Goal 2 Make Forest Sword (use Forest Wood!) 0/1 MAKE | Forest Workshop, 2 hours | 2 Forest Wood, 1 longsword
    Goal 3 Slay Forest Raccoons 0/1 GO (skip 50)
    Goal 4 Find more Forest Spirits 0/4 GO (chop trees to more more Forest Raccoons. Forest Spirits drop from Raccoons.

Chapter 6: Old Thomas - Ivy was able to grow a few more plants from the Forest Seeds you have been finding. She delivered forest Thistle to me this morning. Maybe you can find some use for it?

Chapter 6:
    Goal 1 Visit Old Thomas' House 0/1 GO (skip 4) Reward: 1 Forest Thistle
    Goal 2 Find Forest Extract from Forest Thistle 0/3 GO Reward: 1 Forest Essence
    Goal 3 Craft forest essence 0/1 MAKE | Forest essence - 15 forest wood, 10 forest spirits, 7 forest extract
    Note: Forest Thistle has a 3 hour timer. 3 gems to speed up. (You need to place the Forest Thistle you get from visiting Old Thomas in goal 1. If it doesn't appear in your inventory, then force close your game. The thistle drops Forest Extract..)

Quote Originally Posted by mikepastry View Post
    After completing Chapter 6, Goal 2 (Find Forest Extract from Forest Thistle 0/3), you get 1 Forest Essence as a reward. Since you also need to craft 1 more Forest Essence to complete Chapter 6 Goal 3, you will end up with 2 Forest Essences, as a result.
    So, by completing today's Chapter 6, you will be covered for Chapters 7 and 8, in terms of Forest Essence!

Chapter 7: Perfect! You're here. check out this Forest Dahlia I grew from those seeds - it produces a very potent Forest Nectar. I'm sure any essence from the forest will help this tree grow, let's try it out!

Chapter 7:
    Goal 1 Visit Ivy's Hut 0/1 GO (skip 15) Reward: 1 Forest Dahlia
    Goal 2 Find Forest Nectar from Forest Dahlia 0/6 GO
    Goal 3 Collect From Forest Tree Level 4 0/1 GO | 30 water, 3 petal potions, 1 forest essence, 20 forest nectar
    Notes:
    * Forest Dahlia has 1 hour timer
    * Thistles and Dahlias may have multi drops.

Chapter 8: Oh shucks! I had another flower I grew -- the Paradise Blooms. I know I put them around here somewhere. Could you help me look for them?

Chapter 8:
    Goal 1 Look Around the Kingdom 0/1 SEARCH (skip 20) [collect from a Market Place]
    Goal 2 Visit Community Kingdoms 0/30 VISIT (skip 40) Reward: 1 Bloom Petal
    Goal 3 Collect From Forest Tree Level 5 0/1 GO | 40 water, 3 petal potion, 1 forest essence, 30 forest nectar

Chapter 9: Ah, I heard you've been looking for the Paradise Blooms Ivy has grown. Well, I may have an idea as to where they're at, but it's going to cost you!

Chapter 9:
    Goal 1 Ask Neighbours for Forest Stones 0/20 ASK (skip 15)
    Goal 2 Trade with the Baron 0/4 [Complete ANY trade in the Royal Exchange] (skip 20)
    Goal 3 Search for the Paradise Blooms 0/1 SEARCH (skip 20) [collect from a sparkling mine]
    Notes: Goal 1 - You need to receive the 20 requests you sent out to complete this goal

Chapter 10: The Paradise Blooms you found are safe and sound in my hut. I think we can use the blooms from the flower to create Forest Magic. If we use that on the Forest Tree it should be back to its old self in no time!

Chapter 10:
    Goal 1 Visit Ivy's Hut 0/1 VISIT (skip 15) Reward: 1 Paradise Bloom
    Goal 2 Collect Forest Blooms from Paradise Bloom 0/5 GO Reward: 1 Forest Magic
    Goal 3 Craft Forest Magic 0/1 MAKE | Forest Workshop, 2 hours | 10 Forest Extracts, 10 Forest Blooms, 1 Petal Potion
    Goal 4 Collect From Forest Tree Level 6 0/1 GO | 50 water, 1 forest essence, 50 forest nectar, 4 forest magic
    Reward: 1 Forest Stag (you must reinstall your game to see the correct graphics of the stag)
    Notes: Forest Blooms drops are around 5 each time

Level 6 Forest Tree has been changed to a 1 hour timer. The timer for level 6 will return to a 22 hour timer after the event.

End!

***Link to Inventory Pictures from ShibuyaCloth***: click here!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-01-16 at 06:44 PM.

Essence Of The Forest - Additional/Side Goals
    These goals will show up in your blue goal book.
    They have the same timer as the main goal.
    There are no rewards for completing these goals.

note: these goals are optional. They were designed to follow the story only. There is no reward for completing any of these. There is no use for seeds once chapter 4 is complete.

Essence of the Forest Pt 1
    Triggered when Chapter 1, Goal 3 begins

Ivy: We're going to need as many Forest Seeds as we can get to restore the Forest Tree! Let's find some more.
    * Collect Forest Seeds 0/20 GO (skip 200)
    Ivy: Now let's see what these seeds can do!

Essence of the Forest Pt 2
    Triggered when Chapter 3, Goal 3 begins

Ivy: The Iceland Poppies are smelling the extra fragrant lately, I think having this magical Forest Tree around is causing them to grow Forest Petals!
    * Collect Forest Seeds 0/45 (skip x)
    * Collect Forest Petals 0/20 (skip 60)

Essence of the Forest Pt 3
    Triggered when Chapter 5, Goal 4 begins

Ivy: A Petal Potion is the perfect remedy to help this Forest Tree thrive! Let's mix some more up.
    * Collect 75 Forest Seeds 0/75
    * Craft petal Potion 0/? (probably only 1 or 2)
    * Slay Forest Raccoons 0/18

Essence of the Forest Pt 4
    Triggered when Chapter 7, Goal 2 or 3 begins

Ivy:The more Forest Spirits we can tame the better! I think I saw a Forest Raccoon around here somewhere
    * Collect forest Seeds 0/110
    * Craft Petal Potion 0/8
    * Collect Forest Nectar 0/20
    * Slay Forest Raccoons 0/40
    Note: you can go over the cap when collecting seeds for this goal....
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-24-16 at 12:00 AM.

Essence Of The Forest - Additional Inventory Item Information added relevant items to the Inventory Guide -- 6/30
    Decorative Items will be added to the Inventory Guide at the conclusion of the event.

Forest Adventure
    Note: Adventure is only available in the Castle/Keep; it is not available in the Barracks,
    Adventure Requirement: 5 strawberries, 1 longsword | 30 minutes | speed up is 2
    Drops: forest seeds 1-x drops

Forest Petals
    Info: Beautiful Forest Petals
    Found: Iceland Poppy Patch (the white flowers)
    Uses: item in Forest Sapling
    Thread

Forest Seeds 15 gems each
    Info: magical forest seeds
    Found: Forest Adventure
    Thread

Fresh Soil
    Info: Fresh garden soil
    Found: 1 as a reward from goal;
    Uses:
    Thread

Forest Straw
    Info: Straw for roofing the Forest Workshop
    Uses:
    Thread

Forest Sword
    Info: A sword to fight off pesky Forest Raccoons
    Crafted: Forest Workshop, 2 hours
    Requirements: 2 Forest Wood, 1 longsword
    Thread

Forest Wood 10 gems ea
    Info: Forest Wood used to craft a Forest Sword
    Found: chopping trees
    Uses: item in Forest Sword
    Thread

Forest Raccoons
    Spawn from chopping trees - 5 hits.
    Drops: Forest Spirits

Forest Spirits
    Info: A tamed spirit from a Forest Raccoon
    Found: Forest Raccoon
    Thread

Forest Thistle
    Info: A magical Petal Potion to help restore the Forest Tree
    Found: Gift from Old Thomas' House (it's a plant you place on your board)
    Speed up: 3 gems
    Collection time: 3 hours
    Drops: Forest Extract
    Thread

Forest Extract 10 gems each
    Info: A potent extract from Forest Thistle
    Found: Forest Thistle

Forest Dahlia
    Info: A beautiful Forest Dahlia grown from magical seeds! Provides forest Nectar.
    Found: Gift from Old Thomas' House (it's a plant you place on your board)
    Speed up: 1 gem
    Collection time: 1 hour
    Drops: Forest Nectar
    Thread

Forest Nectar 5 gems each
    Info: A sweet-smelling nectar from Forest Dahlia
    Found: Forest Dahlia

Paradise Blooms decorative after the event
    Info: A flower that grows in the deepest parts of a forest! Provides Forest Blooms.
    Found: Gift from Ivy's House (it's a plant you place on your board)
    Speed up: 1 gem
    Collection time: 1 hour
    Drops: Forest Blooms
    Thread

Bloom Petals
    Info: The Paradise Bloom's petals look like these

Forest Blooms 5 gems each
    Info: Beautiful blooms used to craft Forest Magic
    Found: Paradise Blooms

Forest Magic
    Info: A magical potion used to restore the Forest Tree
    Crafted: Forest Workshop, 2 hours
    Requirements: 10 Forest Extract, 10 Forest Blooms, 1 Petal Potion
    Thread

Petal Potion 10 gems each
    Info: A magical Petal Potion to help restore the Forest Tree
    Crafted: Forest Workshop, 1 hour
    Requirements: 10 forest petals, 10 sap
    Thread

Forest Stag [cannot be sold]
    Info: A grand Forest Stag that one roamed the great forests of the Kingdom
    Found: Completing the Essence of the Forest Event June 2016
    Drops: wood, earth wisp, glimmerdust, living wood,
    Thread

Forest Sapling (Level 15+) (2x2) limit 1 Cannot be sold CAN BE STORED AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE EVENT
    (some players were able to purchase a second tree before a change post event happened)
    Info: on the back of the inventory card
    Collection time: 1 hour till fully upgraded, then 22 hours
    Speed up: 2 gems till fully upgraded, then xx
    Drops: xp until fully upgraded. Once L6: wood, purple petals,
    Level 1/Build: 15 water and 10 forest seeds
    Level 2: 20 water, 14 forest seeds, 10 forest petals
    Level 3: 25 water, 18 forest seeds, 20 forest petals, 3 petal potions
    Level 4: 30 water, 3 petal potions, 1 forest essence, 20 forest nectar
    Level 5: 40 water, 3 petal potion, 1 forest essence, 30 forest nectar
    Level 6: 50 water, 1 forest essence, 50 forest nectar, 4 forest magic

Forest Workshop (Level 15+) limit 1 Can be sold
    CRAFTING BUILDING (some players had a glitch that allowed 2)
    Info: A crafting building to make items to help restore the Forest Tree
    Cost: 500 coin
    Size: 2x2
    Build: 4 stone block, 4 wooden beam, 2 forest seeds
    What can you craft?

Petal Potion - 1 hour - 10 Forest Petal, 10 sap
    Forest Sword - 2 hours - 2 Forest Wood, 1 longsword
    Forest Magic - 2 hours - 10 Forest Extracts, 10 Forest Blooms, 1 Petal Potion
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-30-16 at 04:50 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Something's amiss in the forest! The trees, plants, and all the creatures that live there need you now! Anything you can do to heal the forest will help! Go with our friends, and discover the secrets lurking among the brush... !

[==Update requires app update to Version 1.5+, Level 15+, and will be available to start beginning 06/16. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 06/20.==]

Spoiler: show
    I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: STAG
    Last edited by PikaSquirrel; 06-16-16 at 11:49 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    And we're live! Hope you all enjoy the event

Rhino Keeper

Angry bugged already

Quote Originally Posted by sourp4tch View Post
    And we're live! Hope you all enjoy the event
    first step - visit ivy's hut
    second step - go on a forest adventure

click the go button loads nothing go into barracks or castle to adventure and its not there and no skip for gems

Rhino Keeper
    Part 1 visit Ivys hut
    Part 2 go on forest adventure 30 mins I think 5 strawberries and a sword.
    2 gems to speed it up in the keep.
    Inside says expired in 9 days
    Outside 10 so somewhere in between

Also I did get an option screen to start now or to start later. That was appreciated.

Got seeds from the keep that's it
    Part 3 find 3 more seeds, they drop from the forest adventure. I got one on my first drop so I am assuming 3 more adventures.
    Looks like we will need lots of strawberries.

2nd forest collection 1 seed.
    3rd collection 2 seeds

I am on the 3am timer 10 hours til my next chapter

just got another quest
    Essence of the forest part 1 collect 20 seeds.

Storm 8 if we are going to have to do a bunch of these adventures could you please add it to the barracks.
    Last edited by kdgulle; 06-16-16 at 02:12 PM.

First step:

Visit Ivy

2nd step:

Go on a forest adventure - 5 strawberries & 1 sword
    But there's no forest adventure at first. HAD TO FORCE CLOSE for it to show up!!!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Rhino Keeper
    The forest adventure is only in the keep.

I had just visited Ivy before getting this. better luck next time maybe! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	31709

Page 1 of 157 123451151101 ... LastLast