Page 93 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 6/16 Update - Essence of the Forest Event | EXPIRED

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by room27 View Post
    So, after the initial excitement of things getting worked out, I did some thinking. Putting my own selfish joy at the possibility of finishing the quest aside, I thought of all the others that went before me.

Thank you to the pioneers that did spend the gems to complete this quest ahead of schedule to keep everyone else informed. Although you may have spent the gems in place of those trade tickets anyway, I'm sorry that you didn't have the option that the rest of us do. Situations like these (including the other event which shall not be named) create inequities among players. Some of us spend more than others on things that change value along the way. It's like walking on quicksand.

S8, you would have a much happier, gem-buying player base if quests and events were thought out and designed by people who play the game itself and understand the ramifications of prizes, requirements, and timers! We will work and jump through hoops for valuable prizes like the cauldron or the bountiful table that provide us with valuable resources. Mindless clicking with impossible time frames for a tree, or a stag that give 1 piece of wood every 22 hours are not valuable prizes. This quest is only valuable to me as I want the sense of accomplishment that I did it - certainly not for the prizes.

There have been some wonderful events in the past that INSPIRED, not required, us to spend gems to accomplish them. One of my favorites was the one-time only dragon eggs (matrix, bijou, and flare). There were the Polar adventures that resulted in the Kingdon Inn, and reindeer stable. I remember someone posting it was "Rudolph" and we all had to have it. The drops are great too. Ice cream and wisps! But seriously, 1 wood every 22 hours?

I'm starting to ramble. Thank you to those who went before. I wish the playing field was more even.
    I couldn't have put things better even if I tried. i hate I missed out on those amazing quests you mentioned...especially anything Halloween, lol.

I want to say a huge thank you to our pioneer players as well! <3 for you all!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    UPDATE:

Level 6 Forest Tree has been changed to a 1 hour timer. The timer for level 6 will return to a 22 hour timer after the event.

Will update this info in the first page as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Another update:

Chapter 9, Goal 2 now will work with ANY trades in the Royal Exchange. Instead of doing the 'Royal Supply Crate' trade4x, you can now do any trade 4x and you will complete this.

Again thank you guys so much for all the feedback! I will update this in the first page.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    On chapter 6 goal 3. I see we need 7 forest extract to craft a forest essence. It is almost the end of the day as it is bedtime in the uk and I only have 3. So I won't be able to start day 7 until late tomorrow not helped by the fact that I won't be able to play in the day due yo work commitments. Will it still be possible for me to complete. There are not enough hours in the day to get enough forest essences by the end of the event. Am I missing something.
    I am in the same situation couldn't play regularly during the last couple of days so am a day behind and still haven't completed chapter 7 goal 3 pf 3. It is now 11pm so it is going to take me most of Friday to complete it before I even reach chapter 8

Thank you for the changes mentioned above but am I the only one who still sees this as impossible without spending lots and lots of gems? The Nectar and Extract collecting math doesn't seem to work for the last few chapters. I am on Ch 7 today and the nectar collects were 5,5,1,1,1,1. The 3 hr extract collecting that starts in Ch 6 I got 1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1. Considering how many are need in Ch 8-9-10, it doesn't make sense. Then Ch 9 -- how can you wake up, send out 20 requests, and wait for 20 replies and then run 10 to 12 hours of trades? Is the stag just decor? worth the gems?

Quote Originally Posted by kittykatluv11 View Post
    Thank you for the changes mentioned above but am I the only one who still sees this as impossible without spending lots and lots of gems? The Nectar and Extract collecting math doesn't seem to work for the last few chapters. I am on Ch 7 today and the nectar collects were 5,5,1,1,1,1. The 3 hr extract collecting that starts in Ch 6 I got 1,1,2,1,1,1,2,1. Considering how many are need in Ch 8-9-10, it doesn't make sense. Then Ch 9 -- how can you wake up, send out 20 requests, and wait for 20 replies and then run 10 to 12 hours of trades? Is the stag just decor? worth the gems?
    You can do it with 4 hrs of trade if you're willing to spend your tix. You can do it in 8 hours if you do four 2 hr trades. Or you can spend 20 gems. Yes, it isn't easy. It's a choice of what you are willing to give. Or, give nothing if you don't want the prize.

Rhino Keeper
    If you have a trade ready to collect it's 6 hours if you send out 3 milk and eggs or 2 milk and eggs and an energy one

I'm really glad I am not the only one having an issue. It's frustrating not being able to get the sapling to grow. I bought gems to try to get it to go but ended up wasting them all with no result.

Quote Originally Posted by belbar22 View Post
    On chapter 6 goal 3. I see we need 7 forest extract to craft a forest essence. It is almost the end of the day as it is bedtime in the uk and I only have 3. So I won't be able to start day 7 until late tomorrow not helped by the fact that I won't be able to play in the day due yo work commitments. Will it still be possible for me to complete. There are not enough hours in the day to get enough forest essences by the end of the event. Am I missing something.
    I started chapter 7 today in the afternoon and have now run out of time to complete it today still need 2 forest nectars in goal 2 before I even get to goal 3 to upgrade the tree will take most of tomorrow which will then make me even further behind to reach chapter 8

Quote Originally Posted by JNassiff81 View Post
    I'm really glad I am not the only one having an issue. It's frustrating not being able to get the sapling to grow. I bought gems to try to get it to go but ended up wasting them all with no result.
    Are you watering the sapling? You need to upgrade it like a building. Good luck!
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by kdgulle View Post
    If you have a trade ready to collect it's 6 hours if you send out 3 milk and eggs or 2 milk and eggs and an energy one
    I was wondering if that'd work. Was going to give it a whirl with a long trade overnight not collected, that way I have the supplies for the four short trades if needed.