Page 26 of 157 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 6/16 Update - Essence of the Forest Event | EXPIRED

Farm Supplier
    Has anybody else noticed that swords are not dropping from the usual buildings during this challenge. Mine have all dried up only the occasional breast armour is dropping?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFencer View Post
    Need more Longswords: Crafted: magic forge; Found: jousting arena, Thurston's house, Destrier, Rouncey, Dragon Bones (Baron's tent prize), Fireworks Dragon (Baron's tent), Troll Training Ground, Dragons, Armored Fire Dragon, Armored Ice Dragon

I have been getting longswords from my knights' hall, level 5. It's not every drop, but at about the same rate as the jousting arena.
    Mine have stopped dropping have not seen one since just a day or two before event started.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-18-16 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Merged 2 consecutive posts

Fashion Designer
    I have 18/45 seeds. Adventuring a lot. Making and collecting swords, planting strawberries. The amount of seeds required versus the drop rate (one per adventure for me) is ridiculous . If this keeps up, I will have to sit this one out even though I like the deer. This I getting old fast.
    This would b the first event I have not finished in something in like 2 years.
    Last edited by Jennerwein1; 06-18-16 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Rhino Keeper
    Is my calculations correct - you need 50 forest petals for chapter 4? That is a lot of tapping

Executive Chef
    I also added it up to be 50 petals. And 18 seeds. I could be wrong though.
    Also the last time I collected from adventure I got 3 seeds. Rah!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by carove View Post
    Has anybody else noticed that swords are not dropping from the usual buildings during this challenge. Mine have all dried up only the occasional breast armour is dropping?

Mine have stopped dropping have not seen one since just a day or two before event started.
    I'd agree - it feels like they have slowed right down. Had one from the Knight's Hall about 2 days ago, but none from Thurston's Fort, the jousting arena or any of the dragons. They seemed much more common before this event. Odd, that.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Maths isn't my most fave thing, but you need this for chapter 4:
    10 strawberry, 2 longsword, 50 forest petals, 30 sap, 18 seeds.

Looks like we then have a bit of time to keep collecting seeds on the side whilst we go chopping trees madly for all sorts of drops. Some drops you use to craft for a different drop. Gosh, this is exhausting!

Get loads of trees ready. I'll put this in post 1 again...

All these trees take 5 waters to grow from sapling to tree
    cost | tree name | no of chops | time between waters
    300 Willow tree | 10 chops | 5 minutes
    400 Elm tree | 8 chops | 3 minutes
    400 Oak tree | 8 chops | 30 minutes
    500 White birch tree | 10 chops | 10 minutes
    600 Aspen tree | 6 chops | 5 minutes
    700 Red acer tree | 10 chops | 10 minutes
    700 Crab apple tree | 10 chops | 3 minutes
    900 Yellow acer tree | 10 chops | 5 minutes
    1000 Pine tree | 10 chops | 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    Is my calculations correct - you need 50 forest petals for chapter 4? That is a lot of tapping
    I thought 52, the building requires 2. So even more tapping and sword making. My buildings have dried up. They have given me one rope since this event started!!

Rhino Keeper
    Slightly odd question: page one lists the goals up to level 8. Looking at them, I see no use for seeds after level 4. The side goal makes you collect loads more.

Do we actually need all these seeds? After the experience with the coliseum, I'm wary of side goals taking resources and energy for no measurable return. Can someone who's completed or got a long way into the story confirm whether we need more seeds after goal four please? I can see using petals for potion further into the game, but not seeds.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I also added it up to be 50 petals. And 18 seeds. I could be wrong though.
    Also the last time I collected from adventure I got 3 seeds. Rah!

10 less because you get one potion when you finish 4.1

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinem070672 View Post
    SW, the text for Chapter 3 says the Forest Tree has started to BOOM! lol Look out! Exploding tree!
    sorry, I didn't realise I'd made a typo! Kind of liked my 'boom' error - made me laugh... fixed now. thanks

I've added a whole heap of more info to the first 3 posts.