Page 68 of 212 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast

Thread: New sales & special offers | new main thread for sales etc

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RafMikeyLeoDonnie View Post
    Wish I had saved my gems I just spent on the Harvest Pergola for one of these on sale buildings. Grrr!
    The pergola is an excellent buy. If I was choosing between the cabbage hut, fish market and pergola, I'd choose the pergola. I think you made a good decision...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I wondered the same thing! At this point, the cabbage hut isn't worth much.

The fish market is a decent deal, but it really should drop blue fish too.

But my advice to anyone with gems to spare, is grab a golden mine or two while they're on sale! At 260 gems, they're cheaper than the cabbage hut and they actually have the ability to pay for themselves with guaranteed gold drops and the 5 gem trade in the marketplace. It's a long term investment, but at least it's useful.
    I have two golden mines to I'm OK when it comes to golden things. I was tempted to get the second hut but after the beastbane fiasco I am extra wary. It is not entirely ethical advertising these items as useful. I think I would not have purchased the base knowing that there would be merely ONE monster hunt during the next year of my playing the game. At this point hut is a similar gamble.

Banned
    I get plenty of gold off my one gold mine - it was a good purchase but I feel like since I'm not going to win competitions anymore without actual gems what was the point? I might as well not have purchased it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirilka View Post
    I have two golden mines to I'm OK when it comes to golden things. I was tempted to get the second hut but after the beastbane fiasco I am extra wary. It is not entirely ethical advertising these items as useful. I think I would not have purchased the base knowing that there would be merely ONE monster hunt during the next year of my playing the game. At this point hut is a similar gamble.
    I have 2 also. I contemplated getting a third while they're on sale, but for my playing style, having two seems to work out well.

In the past I'd have highly recommended the cabbage hut, but as you said, it's a gamble now. It could be a great asset IF the prizes in the tent get updated, or a total waste if things stay as they are now.

I agree with SW, the pergola is definitely worth purchasing, I can't recall if it has ever gone on sale, but I don't regret buying mine for a minute. It's very helpful in preparing feasts and very attractive as well.

The beastbane display. Sigh. I got it when it was first released, taking advantage of the discount. I personally find it was a good purchase. BUT, that is only because I also have the MRC (Mythic research center), and was able to craft some daily alicorns. With those two items, at least there is the ability to craft armored manticores and glimmer dragons even without monster hunts. (Not that I need more, but at least I can if I want to. lol) Unless and until the monster hunts return, I would never advise anyone to purchase the beastbane display. (Some exceptions would be for anyone who already has the MRC, or anyone stuck waiting for tokens that wants to clear goals for things like the locket and Lorelei's fountain, but ONLY if the beastbane is on sale super cheap!)

The fish market isn't a bad deal on sale. It drops goldfish, catfish, or butterfish. And occasionally a fully cooked fish dish (I always say woohoo when a smoked fish sandwich drops. But that is rare!) The fish are usually easy enough to catch while collecting water though, so it's really a matter of personal preference. I bought it thinking it would drop fish like the stables drop milk, but I usually only get one fish, so it's not really the energy saver I expected it to be.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 04-08-17 at 08:02 AM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Sorry for a short answer but I'm in a rush: I totally agree with everything. I got my pergola on Black Friday sale and it's one of best purchases ever. And the fish market I got for looks. I'm one of those hopeless cases caring for aesthetics.

Did I miss it? I only have cabbage hut or fish market on sale, no golden mine in sight.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    The gold mine was in the featured tab and on sale for the duration of the current event (it had the same timer on it). If no longer there, the offer has expired and it's been removed again...

Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    Did I miss it? I only have cabbage hut or fish market on sale, no golden mine in sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    The gold mine was in the featured tab and on sale for the duration of the current event (it had the same timer on it). If no longer there, the offer has expired and it's been removed again...
    It's still in the featured section. The timer currently reads 3 days, so it must be on the same timer as the baby mantiwort plant goal.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Nightclub Owner
    Current Golden Bundel:
    Bunny Basket - (Card)
    Storable: Yes
    Info: A basket full of colorful Glimmereggs. Prize from the Great Glimmeregg Hunt.
    Type: Decoration
    Source: Event
    Size: 1x1
    Requirements: 50 gems
    Events: The Great Glimmeregg Hunt - March 2016
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90198
    Comments: 2nd prize of the Great Glimmeregg Hunt.
    Bunny Burrow - (Card)
    Info: A colorful hideaway! Could there be a Glimmeregg Bunny nearby? Prize from the Great Glimmeregg Hunt.
    Source: Event
    Size: 2x2
    Requirements: 50 gems
    Events: The Great Glimmeregg Hunt - March 2016
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90198
    Comments: 3rd prize of the Great Glimmeregg Hunt.
    Bunny Puppy - (Card)
    Info: Spring is here, and this Golden Retriever is ready to celebrate!
    Source: Purchase
    Size: 1x1
    Requirements: 200 gems
    Drops: Coins, Milk, Rat Tail, Creep Tooth, Fur, Fey Crystal, Glimmerdust
    Production: 480 minutes // 8 hours
    Production Speed-up: 32 gems
    Link: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89605
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    From the whole set, the burrow is the only thing appealing for me; shame it is available only in a bundle.