Page 154 of 212 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2118

Thread: New sales & special offers | new main thread for sales etc

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by queens_ransom View Post
    I'm wondering whether it's worthwhile to buy a spellbound bloom. It would make completing the "Raising the stakes" goal sometime in this lifetime so much more feasible, but afterwards it wouldn't get much use, right? Maybe I'd be better off buying another daily alicorn with those gems. What do you guys think?
    Do you have a red nosed fawnicorn or enchanted fawnicorn? Mine drop spellbound dews a lot, between Ivy's Hut, flowers, & those I get a lot, but right now I am only building maybe 4 spellbound blocks/beams a week
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    Could you please post the inventory card?
    Always glad to oblige!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valkyrie front 0013802.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	51364Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valkyrie back 0013803.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	51365

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Erdebree View Post
    I bought a cabbage hut (i didn't have one) and a golden mine. Hope that was a sensible purchase.
    You can’t go wrong! Excellent choice. I used my cabbages and got 5 spring Unicorns that drop energy.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiel0918 View Post
    ... Basically .- any investment in any energy dropping animal is WORTH it in this game...
    Events like this - eat energy - and often the fact if you can or can't complete any event is only up to if you have energy to do those intense chopings, collectings etc.

Unless there is anything else you are desperate to buy - some certain item from market - I would invest all my gems into energy sources.
    100% agree. I was originally quite embarrassed by my excesses on Black Friday ("if I buy x gems I'll have this many leftover, but if I buy y gems I can buy something with those leftovers, or I can buy something bigger, but then I'll have z leftover ..." It was like trying to make your cookies and milk come out even, lol.) But since then I have had enough energy to complete events without logging in every two hours, which is nice.

I have 4 (max limit) aquatic alicorns from a flash sale last summer. Their lowest price was 125, same as this sale. Often 1 will give more than 4 energy, and from that herd I'd get a windfall drop (50 or 100) about once a week.

I now have 4 unicorns (max limit) crafted at mystic research.
    I have 3 aquamarines (max limit is 4 i think) and 2 weekly alicorns. Then I ran out of cash, lol.

One thing pointed out to me: a daily 4+ energy Ali doesn't technically give 28 per week, because you also have to click it 7 days. So it's 21+ energy per week, versus a flat 39 (40 -1 click) from a weekly. HOWEVER, the price difference and chance of windfall drops seem to make the dailies worthwhile for me.

The aquatic alicorns throw mermaid castle materials often, which was a pleasant surprise.

Golden Mine: highly recommend. If you only use it to make gem trades on the exchange, I read that it takes 6 months to pay for itself. HOWEVER (heh), it has been awesome for having the nuggets for events. I haven't checked but it does not seem to drop them at an even percentage ... my eggs and apples are nearly maxed out, but maybe that's because they don't get spent, lol.

GUARDSMAN: If it's offered (might only be for people who did his event?) buy this guy. Then buy his Guard Dogs (max 2.) They drop supplies for the first couple adventures: simple feasts, heavy feasts, longswords, armor, as well as random stuff. Very handy for players without other sources.

Maya: don't be fooled by her offer of "trades." Retired forum member Beefus did an analysis showing that they take a RIDICULOUS amount of energy and even the chance for a good prize isn't worth it. The lousy prizes will make you tear your hair out for what they cost you in materials. Buy any other citizen first. You may wonder if I have a grudge. I do, lol!

Lair of Beasts: I have rarely used this, mostly for weekday warrior, lol. It's handy but I wish I'd spent my gems elsewhere.

White Flyger: I might as well have spent these gems on a trap. The permits are an extremely rare drop for me. But some people love them.

Spellbound Bloom: I bought when it was offered for Raising the Stakes, when I'd only been playing a couple months. After realizing the quest was 99% useless, I quit the quest, topped off dew and stored bloom. Even using 30 dew now and then for quests or Nadine it refills quickly from event droppers (such as fawnicorns.)

Hope this helps.
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Erdebree View Post
    I bought a cabbage hut (i didn't have one) and a golden mine. Hope that was a sensible purchase.
    HAving at least 1 cabbage hut is god- you can now start collecting cabbages. Before buying one- you never got to store your cabbages - and grand prizes were impossible without gems. It is true that 90 % of the time- items in tent suck and are pointless decos, animals you have about 20 laying around and you won't want them - but every year there is like 1 month where there are daily alicorns etc in the tent- and if you are lucky - they appear several times this month - and you can get MANY of them. Once I got like 6 daily allicorns in one month from my tent - it was SO worth the all the months I waited for some good prize to come up

Golden mines ARE nice- they have decent drops - I have 3 and I get several golden nuggets each week.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    Do you have a red nosed fawnicorn or enchanted fawnicorn? Mine drop spellbound dews a lot, between Ivy's Hut, flowers, & those I get a lot, but right now I am only building maybe 4 spellbound blocks/beams a week
    No, I don't have any of those. It takes me forever to be able to craft just one spellbound beam or block, which is why I'm considering the purchase. On the other hand, I'm aware that "raising the stakes" really doesn't lead anywhere so it doesn't really matter if it takes a very long time.

Executive Chef
    Another vote for The Guardsman and his guard dogs!
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Rhino Keeper
    Does the Spring Peacock drop energy daily or random like a dragon?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezsnak View Post
    Does the Spring Peacock drop energy daily or random like a dragon?
    Neither! I've had four of them for ages and I've never seen energy drop. I was confused on this issue so I asked for clarification on the type of energy they were meant to drop and was informed that if they drop energy it would be 5. So, I suppose it would be best equated with the original Wisp or the Deep Diving Otters but like I said: I have several that I collect from at least twice daily but haven't ever seen any energy from them.

I still love them though, if only for their beauty - I've always thought the peacocks were the best visually designed animals in the game. The detail and color never ceases to impress me.

Executive Chef
    Never gotten any energy from mine- like ever. And I have had mine for pretty long time.