Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Update failure from 1.2.5.4g to 1.5.0.3g on Android

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Please check again the next day to see if the option to earn rewards through watching the videos come back in the game.

We're still looking into the issue of the Ruler not moving when not in the frame and also the issue of crafts appearing backwards.
    Thank you so much. Ruler can move good on screen and the lists are good again. The movies I can play again. This play so much better.
    greetings Jolien ( NL)

New Resident
    There... on reduced speed now.
    Reason I'm writing this is to report an old issue I really never bothered with. When on reduced speed (i.e. monthly internet contingent used up), castle story refuses to connect, claiming there's no internet connection at all. That's not true - other apps are running as normal (slower, of course).
    Any chance to fix this?

Regards,
    P.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazziona View Post
    There... on reduced speed now.
    Reason I'm writing this is to report an old issue I really never bothered with. When on reduced speed (i.e. monthly internet contingent used up), castle story refuses to connect, claiming there's no internet connection at all. That's not true - other apps are running as normal (slower, of course).
    Any chance to fix this?

Regards,
    P.
    I thought I was the only one with that problem. But here the same. Not connected with internet... I must close wifi and then re connected with wifi if I want to play castle story. Other games haven't got this problem.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by brews3 View Post
    I currently have Castle Story on 2 ipads and play fine between the both of them
    However I am considering getting an Android phone.
    My question is, can I play on the ipad in the morning, then Android on the phone while at work, then ipad in the evening?
    I know some gameplay is limited on Android compared to iOS and I don't know if those servers "talk to each other"? If that makes sense.
    Thanks!
    I would suggest to stay away from andoids completely for all S8 games. The reason being that android users get their games reset to level 1 with no warning and no way to reverse it. For instance, I can still play RS on my iPhone, but if I try to log into RS on my android, my entire game progress is gone and I've been playing it for 5-6 years now!! Writing to support didn't help, they didn't even bother replying to my request for support from months and months ago. Another neighbour of mine had the same issue and for him it was with CS, they had to restart. The only reason people can still keep their progress on iOS is with game center, but the account itself shows me back at level nothing. Androids+S8 games combo is extremely buggy, I would steer clear from them for these games.

Quote Originally Posted by 88silver View Post
    How weird. The left side, where ads for games go, isn't a dead spot, so it's not like they don't know how to code a spot to sometime show an icon and sometimes work for the game.
    We've checked this on several devices and have not experienced this. If you're still seeing this, please let us know which item you're experiencing this with.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

For anyone experiencing crashes, please try force closing any apps running in the background of your device. As more features are supported in the new version, the game requires more resources from your device to run smoothly. If there isn't enough resources or you are playing on a older/weaker device, you may experience slow gameplay or crashes.

Please also try restarting your device. Another thing that may help is give a few minutes for your game to fully load all assets when you first open it and then start playing and queuing up actions.

If you are experiencing connection issues, please try resetting your wifi or data settings through your device and see if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkaland99 View Post
    Thank you for your continuing interest. I have so far received (from memory) 3 gems and 1 cabbage from a total of about 15-20 videos watched. For every video watched there are at least 5 occasions when it has failed to load. This gives an overall success rate of around 3%. I know what you never had you never miss, but I was really excited about the progress towards parity for Android.

This is a typical sequence of events:-

Open icon and click "watch"

Message "Sorry the video failed to load. Please try again later".

Repeat once or twice.

Screen goes grey "something is happening" symbol. I don't know what the name is, but it looks like a catherine wheel.

Message "Error. We're sorry, something went wrong. Please try again. Dismiss.

Repeat 2-3 times

Watch video if it loads, making sure it has finished. Close screen.

Message "Video did not finish. Would you like to watch another video to earn a free Gems?"

Repeat 2-3 times.

Game crashes!!!!

Repeat as often as I can keep my patience.

Anything you can do would be appreciated. I have installed the new version of the update, and the menus and ruler movements are now fixed - thank you.
    Sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues with this feature. Have you already tried closing out all apps in the background and also restarting your device to free up more resources for the game? Do you have a different device you can transfer your game to to see if you experience the same issue on that device?

Quote Originally Posted by brews3 View Post
    I currently have Castle Story on 2 ipads and play fine between the both of them
    However I am considering getting an Android phone.
    My question is, can I play on the ipad in the morning, then Android on the phone while at work, then ipad in the evening?
    I know some gameplay is limited on Android compared to iOS and I don't know if those servers "talk to each other"? If that makes sense.
    Thanks!
    There is no login feature in Castle Story, but if you download Bakery Story, there is an "Account Settings" feature where you can use your Storm8 ID and password to log into your account. Go here for more information!

As long as you create a password, you can log into that account on your Android device while you are at work and access that account. When you go home, you can log into that same account on your iPad again to access and play too. There is no option to log into your account

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    We've checked this on several devices and have not experienced this. If you're still seeing this, please let us know which item you're experiencing this with.
    I'm playing on a Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1. I have Castle Story 1.5.0.6g installed.

In my own kingdom, the far right side of the screen is a "dead spot", and nothing I try to do works. I can't scroll if I tap my finger there. I can't have my ruler collect from anything that is in the dead spot unless I scroll the screen so that the building/item is out of the spot. I can't open a crafting building menu if the building is in the dead spot. I can't plant anything if the plots are in the dead spot. It's the entire side from under the S8 logo to above the "Market" icon. The event icon and the special offer icon work, but the empty space between the offer and the "Market" button is dead. And before the offer was made available today, that spot was dead. If I visit a neighbor kingdom, I can click on hearts in that area, so it's not a coding issue for the whole game--just when I'm within my own kingdom.

I also cannot properly place items from inventory or the marketplace anymore. It will snap to the most central open spot that is large enough and won't let me drag it to anywhere else without first placing it. I saw some people experiencing this with the plant rewards of the current event. For one person, the plant snapped on top of Old Thomas' house and she couldn't move it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by 88silver View Post
    I'm playing on a Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1. I have Castle Story 1.5.0.6g installed.

In my own kingdom, the far right side of the screen is a "dead spot", and nothing I try to do works. I can't scroll if I tap my finger there. I can't have my ruler collect from anything that is in the dead spot unless I scroll the screen so that the building/item is out of the spot. I can't open a crafting building menu if the building is in the dead spot. I can't plant anything if the plots are in the dead spot. It's the entire side from under the S8 logo to above the "Market" icon. The event icon and the special offer icon work, but the empty space between the offer and the "Market" button is dead. And before the offer was made available today, that spot was dead. If I visit a neighbor kingdom, I can click on hearts in that area, so it's not a coding issue for the whole game--just when I'm within my own kingdom.

I also cannot properly place items from inventory or the marketplace anymore. It will snap to the most central open spot that is large enough and won't let me drag it to anywhere else without first placing it. I saw some people experiencing this with the plant rewards of the current event. For one person, the plant snapped on top of Old Thomas' house and she couldn't move it anywhere else.
    Here's the link to a thread regarding the dead spot down the right side to the Market icon. It's a closed thread but note Sparkly Octupus' response, post #9, at the bottom.

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....30#post1268530
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast