Thread: Game kicks me out when visiting neighbors

Farm Supplier

Game kicks me out when visiting neighbors

I guess this is common, but I wanted to officially ask if there is anything on my phone that I can do to prevent this... or is it just a limitation of some memory type within the game that can't be helped?

When I run through my neighbors list to visit & sprinkle tips, I quite often get kicked clear out of DS & the games closes. I re-open & start visiting again... then after 5-15 neighbors, it does the same thing again.

Sometimes I can go through quite a few neighbors without the closure & was therefore wondering if something specific in the way I play could help me avoid this? ... slowing down? speeding up? not hitting all 6 habitats? Just curious if I can do anything to make this better or if S8/TL can do anything to help this?
    Thanks, ~maddie

The Honorable Panda
    What game version are you playing ?( under help-menu-small number at the bottom of the screen)
    What specific device do you play on? Do you have the most current software update installed?

Have you forced closed all applications running in the background of your device?
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier
    version is 2.4.0.1S53g.

I am using a Galaxy Note 3 (Samsung) & I get automatic updates of the phone... so I assume it is all up to date.
    Other than DS, I only have 3 other apps that I ever run (at least downloaded apps ... not sure about automatic phone app stuff) ... Anyhow, I force close DS a few times each time I do this neighbor visiting thing, but have never thought of closing the other apps.
    After I saw your message I did force close the other 3 apps & went back into DS and the problem still occurs.

One thing I have noticed, it seems to happen way less, if I pause about 20 seconds between each island visit (long enough to let the last visited island to fall to the bottom of my list. --- If I go quickly, the last current neighbor that I am at, will sometimes stays up on top of my neighbors list & that is when it seems to happen more so).

The Honorable Panda
    I am glad you found a work around, but you should be able to go to each neighbor with crashing. It looks like you are on the most current version.
    I will report this over.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Executive Chef
    I've had this issue for a long time actually...on android, game is fully updated, tried all the usual to keep it from doing that. Now, I have so many neighbors, I couldn't visit every one daily, but still it's a pain when trying to save my progress.

Farm Supplier
    Appreciate it kooky panda. Also, I just re-read my first reply to you & I am not sure that it makes any sense. If you want me to try to explain that better, let me know. Otherwise, thanks for trying to help.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    When you crash, please try report > preview to view the error message. You'll need to scroll down until you see error or exception. Please let us know what the error message says.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    When you crash, please try report > preview to view the error message. You'll need to scroll down until you see error or exception. Please let us know what the error message says.
    Hi Elsa... I've been looking since I saw your message yesterday to avoid looking stupid, but I cannot find, "report" > "preview" anywhere or anything to that effect even... Are you talking about within one of the game menus somewhere or talking about one of my phone function menus? Thanks a ton!

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeSweet247 View Post
    Hi Elsa... I've been looking since I saw your message yesterday to avoid looking stupid, but I cannot find, "report" > "preview" anywhere or anything to that effect even... Are you talking about within one of the game menus somewhere or talking about one of my phone function menus? Thanks a ton!
    When you crash, does it drop to the home screen or do you see an option to Report/OK? If you have the option to report, the report should allow you to preview the crash report. From there, you can scroll down and find the error under Error or Exception.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    When you crash, does it drop to the home screen or do you see an option to Report/OK? If you have the option to report, the report should allow you to preview the crash report. From there, you can scroll down and find the error under Error or Exception.
    Ohhh, gotchya ... & I have seen that before for a different type of crash, but not in a long time.

When this happening now, the game just closes & end up back on the home screen (just as if I had signed out of the game).

That is when I usually force close anyhow & clear the casche.

Then restart game & continue visiting neighbors (trying to be careful not to go too fast).