Thread: Coins total going minus when collecting coins

Post Coins total going minus when collecting coins

Anyone else experienced their coins total going minus. I had approx 2.5 billion coins. There is nothing to spend them on and it keeps on going up by millions every day. I noticed that when I was collecting the loot from the dragon plots the totals in the coins was going down instead of up. If I purchased anything the coins added on.
    I reported the problem to Teamlava and their response was to take away 1 billion from my total. Their explanation was that I had exceeded the max for coin collection. Why did it keep on letting me collect the coins?
    Is this really a fix for the bug?
    No.
    I am still adding millions more per day and the problem will happen again.
    Why is there nothing to spend the coins on?
    Food would be good idea as decor just gets added to the storage as there is no room on the islands.
    I would welcome the views of other members who have experienced this problem.
    I am an iPad player.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    If you're coins are showing as negative, you've reached the maximum 32bit integer which essentially means you have so many Coins the game can't display it. However, your server total is correct so please note that you're not actually negative. This is a limit with computer language. You'll need to contact support@storm8.com for assistance with your account.

I have the same issue. It does not make any since really

New Resident

Losing coins

Has anyone had a problem with what looks like a minus sign (-) in front of their total? When I collect coins from the habitats, the total goes DOWN not up.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by billiebobjo View Post
    Has anyone had a problem with what looks like a minus sign (-) in front of their total? When I collect coins from the habitats, the total goes DOWN not up.
    Please see Elsa's post above.

Merged threads

New Resident
    Same problem. We should be able to buy habitats, gold and crops with coins, instead of using real money. My total has gone down by about 300,000,000 coins. If they put a limit of 3 1/2 billion, they should be able to raise it to 10 billion. Come on Team Lava, let us use coins to buy gold, crops and open up more space to put habitats.

New Resident
    If you can buy 20,000,000 coins with 1000 gold, you should be able to buy 1000 gold with 20,000,000, it's only fair. I know that you will not make money this way, but it would help keep players happier.
    I would not loss coins the way I am now, if I could spend coins on something.

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    If you're coins are showing as negative, you've reached the maximum 32bit integer which essentially means you have so many Coins the game can't display it. However, your server total is correct so please note that you're not actually negative. This is a limit with computer language. You'll need to contact support@storm8.com for assistance with your account.
    Closing thread since original question has been answered.
    New contact for support:

Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request