Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Tropic Tides LeaderBoard Event June 2016

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    You don't get almost 4000 points by only using gold for one 1.5x boost at this stage. Nobody is judging here (well most people don't) but let's at least keep it real.

Also, Kennedward is a long time forum member who has contributed greatly to the community. He is discouraged with the way the game has headed as many others are. He's in the majority.

If you enjoy the leaderboard events great... but realize many others do not.
    I despise the Leaderboard event BUT I decided to play it MY way, I'm not competing with anyone, if there is a milestone prize that I like and seems worth the work, I'll shoot for it but I won't spend a single bit of money and I wont invest resources outside of what I WANT to, i.e. feeding for points, an insulting "reward" of 1 point at that! I have no problem or hard feelings towards players who spend gold, be it a little or a lot because I'm not going to let a competition over a pea sized animated dragon get to me. However what I do have a problem with is the grouping of players...it's in no way an even playing field, not even close. Also the IOS and Android players being tossed together. .everyone is aware of the substantial advantage IOS users have in this so I won't beat a dead horse. I think you misinterpreted my reply to Kennedward, my point is that he is obviously a dedicated and ambitious player, when events discourage players such as him you'd think TL would get the hint.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ladymakay View Post
    I despise the Leaderboard event BUT I decided to play it MY way, I'm not competing with anyone, if there is a milestone prize that I like and seems worth the work, I'll shoot for it but I won't spend a single bit of money and I wont invest resources outside of what I WANT to, i.e. feeding for points, an insulting "reward" of 1 point at that! I have no problem or hard feelings towards players who spend gold, be it a little or a lot because I'm not going to let a competition over a pea sized animated dragon get to me. However what I do have a problem with is the grouping of players...it's in no way an even playing field, not even close. Also the IOS and Android players being tossed together. .everyone is aware of the substantial advantage IOS users have in this so I won't beat a dead horse. I think you misinterpreted my reply to Kennedward, my point is that he is obviously a dedicated and ambitious player, when events discourage players such as him you'd think TL would get the hint.
    Just saw on the community board of another team lava game that there is a hack for the leaderboard events. I don't care to partake so I'm not, but maybe that's why they have so many? It's sad when people learn how to hack these games. I also missed the first half of the convo so I don't know how they are hacking or I would report it.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    2 people in my group have boosted since my last post, now the points are roughly:

1. 3000
    2. 1500
    3. 700 (same player with 600 in my last post)
    4-6. 600
    7-9. 400
    10-14. 300
    15-18. 200
    19-20. 100

Just realized I made a typo in my previous post, should be 8 to 20, but doesn't really matter anyways lol
    To my surprise, just checked now and everyone's points are pretty much the same with very little increase, all of which are around 100 or so increase, so that's reasonable, considering there's the spin, as well as evolving, breeding, and hatching, all of which can give you some points, 100 increase is fairly normal.

So I won't bother writing them down as the placement are basically the same, the same players in their exact same spot. Just glad I'm not in those groups with crazy high points, mine is just a few guys who boosted, and that's it. For now, that is
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Nightclub Owner
    It's bad when YOU are discouraged, you're like the Bill Gates of Dragon Story seriously lol, you're the "target " players they're depending on to bank roll this type of event. ...hey TL looks like you just lost one of your Whales! ☺
    lol, i already have tons of dragons tbh, 1 more doesn't really encourage me to play, especially when it can lead to spending tons of gold that I saved up, so rather than competing with others, I've chosen to save my gold for Kintsugi Dragon, which I'll be able to buy soon
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiensissi View Post
    Just saw on the community board of another team lava game that there is a hack for the leaderboard events. I don't care to partake so I'm not, but maybe that's why they have so many? It's sad when people learn how to hack these games. I also missed the first half of the convo so I don't know how they are hacking or I would report it.
    Oh definitely, there's a hack for any type of play you can imagine. I encountered this during the 1st leaderboard event, player 19 went from 100ish points to 14k in minutes, went to their island and absolutely no movement, no breeding, no eggs in the nest, no fountain. ...nothing so it's obvious what was happening. I reported it, and nothing, they could have cared less but there are "some" games that have been known to create Ghost players. .it's done to ensure that other players begin or continue to spend money to get or stay ahead.

Nightclub Owner
    Oh definitely, there's a hack for any type of play you can imagine. I encountered this during the 1st leaderboard event, player 19 went from 100ish points to 14k in minutes, went to their island and absolutely no movement, no breeding, no eggs in the nest, no fountain. ...nothing so it's obvious what was happening. I reported it, and nothing, they could have cared less but there are "some" games that have been known to create Ghost players. .it's done to ensure that other players begin or continue to spend money to get or stay ahead.
    That's one of the reasons why I've decided not to spend any gold
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Rhino Keeper
    That and the interesting and shady updated S8 TOS in March , I will not ever purchase gold or any type of virtual currency from S8 games again.

Nightclub Owner
    That and the interesting and shady updated S8 TOS in March , I will not ever purchase gold or any type of virtual currency from S8 games again.
    I guess I'm lucky, as all of my gold were saved up from the game
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Executive Chef
    This event is just gambling by another name. Anyone who spends gold has NO idea if another in the group is going to make a last minute dash for the finish line. ANY money/gold spent is a gamble, pure and simple. I don't gamble in real life, not about to start in a digital game.

What I find odd is the psychology of it all. Such gambling style game activity will inevitably attract a different type of player (and drive others away). I'm not sure that is beneficial to the longevity of the game, frankly.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    This event is just gambling by another name. Anyone who spends gold has NO idea if another in the group is going to make a last minute dash for the finish line. ANY money/gold spent is a gamble, pure and simple. I don't gamble in real life, not about to start in a digital game.

What I find odd is the psychology of it all. Such gambling style game activity will inevitably attract a different type of player (and drive others away). I'm not sure that is beneficial to the longevity of the game, frankly.
    That's another reason I don't spend gold

It seems I'm on the same page with most other players who dislike this type of event, which is good

But the bad thing is that this type of event is still present
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons