Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Tropic Tides LeaderBoard Event June 2016

Executive Chef
    My milestones have all been different. Points, palm trees and if I recollect correctly, the first was food. My spins have been mostly points, with one that wasn't, but can't remember what it was. Maybe the palms came from the spin......I forget. Anyway, I'm not getting the same thing over and over (other than points, just spun 135) which is good.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxe View Post
    I don't understand why somebody needs 15,000 points to be in the lead when 2nd is so far behind. Why pay more money than you have too? I wish they found a way to balance the groups more. I got lucky for the past two but the first time I was in a very competitive group. I did buy a second best for this event though. I've been wanting a second one for awhile now and I figured it would be a good time to get one. I have 25 dragons in storage and that's not counting extras of ones I already have.
    I think people who are way ahead boost sometimes when they have a perfect storm of points lined up- all eggs ready to hatch at same time, and the breeding den(s) also ready. They maximize their points by boosting at the best time possible in their game because there is no way to know if others plan to boost during the event. I imagine many players make a gold budget for the event, like 'I'm only going to spend 100 gold on this event,' and then they try to spend it in the smartest way possible.

Congrats on the second nest! I bought one about a month ago and it's been awesome. Easily the best purchase I've made in the game. I've been able to finally hatch all the prize eggs that have been sitting in storage, and it comes in very handy when you breed an egg with a super long hatching time. I wish the nest were priced more reasonably so every player could have two.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    I think people who are way ahead boost sometimes when they have a perfect storm of points lined up- all eggs ready to hatch at same time, and the breeding den(s) also ready. They maximize their points by boosting at the best time possible in their game because there is no way to know if others plan to boost during the event.
    Exactly. I paid 7 gold to boost yesterday when my Crusader was done breeding, both nests ready to hatch, arctic isles ready to hatch and evolve. I was only missing the evolution temple on the main island. Plus I had a bunch of food stored up so I used up most of that on dragons that I've been wanting to evolve.

I went from about 860 to 2500 and 16th to 2nd. I'm not playing to win, just want to get as many milestones and prizes as possible.

If I use any other boosts it will be when Crusdaer hatches if I have other things ready at the same time.

Executive Chef
    I'm seriously stressing this one, as an android I don't have the arctic isles to help, yet still have to do the same amount of points as people who do. >< *Sigh*...doesn't even matter what feedback we give either, or that's how it feels. I don't even try for the leaderboard stuff because I know I'll NEVER win that. All I like to do is milestones, like most of us here...and yet how the heck are android people expected to keep up? I'm coming close to not playing anymore.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Niire View Post
    I'm seriously stressing this one, as an android I don't have the arctic isles to help, yet still have to do the same amount of points as people who do. >< *Sigh*...doesn't even matter what feedback we give either, or that's how it feels. I don't even try for the leaderboard stuff because I know I'll NEVER win that. All I like to do is milestones, like most of us here...and yet how the heck are android people expected to keep up? I'm coming close to not playing anymore.

Don't let it get you down or stress you out. At one point I was a focused player eager to win tournaments, events and whatever else they threw at us but I realized it was causing a bit of stress. I didn't quit playing but I really don't care if I win or lose, there will be another and another and another ☺. The differences between android and iOS have been and will continue to be an issue especially during events such as this. I probably won't get the only prize I'm interested in, the habitat, because the points are just too high and to be honest, I'm not willing to dedicate the next 8 days of my life to this game in order to get it, just not worth it . I'll play, only as I normally do and roll with the punches ☺.

Rhino Keeper
    I too will be very lucky to get to the habitat..and I am not fussed one way or another about the event. Too much too often. I am just plodding along doing my own thing.

Executive Chef
    Does anyone notice that the coral decoration has Nemo and dory with the old turtle( don't remember the name)? It will perfectly fit with the habitat and 2 dragons
    DS:122 Neighbors required!! ADD BAKERYSTOE as well)

Rhino Keeper
    Just got the 3rd milestone prize , Maps. I agree this is a knock off Finding Nemo theme ☺.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ladymakay View Post
    Just got the 3rd milestone prize , Maps. I agree this is a knock off Finding Nemo theme ☺.
    And finding dory( for the nest up coming hit film
    DS:122 Neighbors required!! ADD BAKERYSTOE as well)

Rhino Keeper
    I swore I wouldn't spend a penny on this game but if they ever have a 'Wizard of Oz ' theme.... I'll pay for that☺☺