Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard event again

Rhino Keeper
    I didn't mind the last one because I knew after 1 day that I wouldn't win. I just tried to get the milestones and was happy to get a dragon and habitat without spending any gold.

Fashion Designer
    I don't mind those leaderboard events anymore.I have decided that I don't care to win the leader dragon ( got one, lives in obscurity, not worth the anxiety), but the milestones are fun. I just hope the dragons are decent and there is a habitat.These events are all luck and money based. Very little strategy. So I will be enjoying this for whatever I get, maybe I'll be lucky, maybe I'll get to watch people spend lots of money again. All the same to me.
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chewingthecud View Post
    Hello All. Yes I hate them too but my stance has changed - I don't compete but I see them as a great opportunity to get some new dragons for free. So I don't even bother with the competitive side of this. It seems there are a few people out there that love these events and don't mind paying money for them - these can go for it and bolster S8s finances so that the game continues for those like me. So it is a win win. Yes there are social ethical issues for some but I suppose it is like gambling - life is about free choice and that brings both good and bad. Ok enough philosophizing! Cheers everyone and enjoy!
    I agree with you. I love hitting the milestones and getting free dragons. The habit last time was a great bonus! I spend $35 a month on gold (on sale) and consider it an entertainment expense. If I drop $15 on a movie and popcorn, it's over in 2 hours. The $ I spend on this buys something I own and enjoy. I guess that's as good a rationalization as any! I would never spend what people seem to to win one of these events though!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chewingthecud View Post
    Hello All. Yes I hate them too but my stance has changed - I don't compete but I see them as a great opportunity to get some new dragons for free. So I don't even bother with the competitive side of this. It seems there are a few people out there that love these events and don't mind paying money for them - these can go for it and bolster S8s finances so that the game continues for those like me. So it is a win win. Yes there are social ethical issues for some but I suppose it is like gambling - life is about free choice and that brings both good and bad. Ok enough philosophizing! Cheers everyone and enjoy!
    This. This is exactly how I am now viewing the leaderboard events. let them make money off folks who actually do the leaderboard, I'm in it for the milestones. Really hoping that they keep the habitat in the event, as that really really made it easier to swallow for me.

PS..They need the money to make sure they keep FlatFoot on the team, I cannot get enough of his/her dragons!! Much love! (Not saying other folks are not talented as well, because I love love all the flowery and bad to the bone dragons made by all the team! )

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Niire View Post
    This. This is exactly how I am now viewing the leaderboard events. let them make money off folks who actually do the leaderboard, I'm in it for the milestones. Really hoping that they keep the habitat in the event, as that really really made it easier to swallow for me.

PS..They need the money to make sure they keep FlatFoot on the team, I cannot get enough of his/her dragons!! Much love! (Not saying other folks are not talented as well, because I love love all the flowery and bad to the bone dragons made by all the team! )
    I agree , the milestones and a habitat are OK for me without too much worry or hassle
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Executive Chef
    i still don't like leaderboard and i don't think i'm going to do this one (not much time at the moment)
    but if the milestones are interesting, i may be interested to get the milestones prizes
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

I have been against the pitting of player v player & knowing from day 1 I wouldn't win. But, I have read the posts here & going into it with a little different attitude. I have yet to hit more than 2 individual milestones. Depending on tasks this time, I might try for those harder WITHOUT spending gold. Since we're stuck with it, I'll see how that philosophy works....can hardly wait for more tiles....😐

I'm looking forward to it... hope i get a good grouping (non gold spenders) and that all milestones can be achieved without spending gold. Maybe one of those will happen.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    I hope we get another habitat as a milestone! I don't even consider competing for the grand prize but I'm happy to get any milestones I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat9 View Post
    I wouldnt mind another habitat, either, and maybe a chance at getting dragons that are not available right now as the lower milestones. I won't spend a dime or stress myself at all. So not worth "competing"
    What they said. Not competing, not even going to buy the little decor thing this time which I did before as collectibles. Yes, a free habitat would be nice. Time to "keep calm and grow food".

Rhino Keeper
    I have changed my mind completely about the leaderboard event. I am fine with them staying. I love the milestones, especially the habitat. I will compete as long as the other players in my group don't go overboard, which didn't happen the first two times around (so, I'm expecting it to happen this time.) And, I have no problem not winning tropic tide if it is not in the cards for me. I actually got lucky and came in second both times. I found the second leaderboard much less stressful when I only worried about milestones. Didn't spend any gold the first time and only got to Pinata, better planning and getting the breeding roost when it was on sale(which I hope they do again) got me all the milestones. I'm excited...bring it on!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast