Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard event again

Rhino Keeper
    A lot of you have made some very good points I can't quote all. ��

These are my thoughts YES they will keep doing as long as people spend lots of gold to win no matter what we say here we are just a handful of those that play and the mighty dollar speaks louder! With that said we are stuck with them this is et up that only those willing to spend lots of gold will win the final prize. My plan will be to just play as normal battling for pieces to craft breed and hatching there is always at least 1 dragon I am trying to breed BUT I will not go out of my way to spend gold to win! The milestones have been cool to get have yet to be able to get all so I hope they make them a bit easier. Now for this one I HATE this final dragon I think it is UGLY! So I don't even want on my island I just hope the milestones are better.

I didn't no the leader board event is today I never got anything
    Tracey8170

Rhino Keeper
    The first Leaderboard event I didn't care for at all but still came in 2nd without spending Gold , 2nd one I was pleased to get a dragon and especially the habitat, didn't mind placing lower..hey I got 15,000 apples without spending any money so no complaints at all. I'll just play this one the same way. ..regular play, if it earns me points great, if not that's great also because I'm not investing anything outside of normal play ☺.

Banned
    What I would like to see is all the gold users go into groups and all the non spending gold players put together, to me that would be fair. The milestones are great for new players but a lot of is already have these dragons on offer. I suppose it's grow food and breed nothing new in the next 10 days!

Host(ess)
    I am really exhausted from the recent battle and dragon tale events. Most likely to give the upcoming leaderboard a miss as it is very time- consuming and frustrating with leaderboard events.

Nightclub Owner
    I have a sinking feeling that the milestones will be harder to get than last time It seems too many players were able to get all the milestones last time with spending little or no gold. They're probably going to tweak the numbers just so it's harder this time
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    I still very much despise everything about this event and how long it lasts ****s me. IF any of the milestones are things I don't have it will make it somewhat bearable and worth logging on at least. The first event I had all the dragons so it was a double yuck. I was happy to have a dragon or 2 that I still needed the last time. I know it's harder when many of us have been playing and have a ton already. Also, as some people have pointed out, it makes some of these prizes not as special or rare when many people can get them. It's great for newer players & I'm not even a tiny bit begrudging others. It's just the reality for me.
    I'm certainly not going to get stressed this time and my kids are not interested in playing at all. Being a small island who plays part time due to school, they had a very reasonable group last time and with a lot of hard work, they nabbed the mama dragon. They believe that their group will most likely be winners as people were pointing out last time & they won't be able to compete with most of them. If there were ways to make this thing even kind of fair I might not loath it so.
    I am glad to see many of us not allowing this to be stressful. I however don't enjoy them. Just MO. Well wishes and hoping everyone gets a little something new out of it!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I have a sinking feeling that the milestones will be harder to get than last time It seems too many players were able to get all the milestones last time with spending little or no gold. They're probably going to tweak the numbers just so it's harder this time
    Oh fun. Are are probably correct.

Executive Chef
    I will be interested to see how the groups are constructed this time. First one I was pretty low ranked and got as far as Pinata. Placed in a nice non-spender group for the second, I got all the milestones and finished 2nd to win the prize. This time I fear I will be in a winners group that spends like crazy and the milestones will be harder to get. That's not me, so I will continue to play as normally as possible and get whatever milestones I can.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chewingthecud View Post
    Hello All. Yes I hate them too but my stance has changed - I don't compete but I see them as a great opportunity to get some new dragons for free. So I don't even bother with the competitive side of this. It seems there are a few people out there that love these events and don't mind paying money for them - these can go for it and bolster S8s finances so that the game continues for those like me. So it is a win win. Yes there are social ethical issues for some but I suppose it is like gambling - life is about free choice and that brings both good and bad. Ok enough philosophizing! Cheers everyone and enjoy!
    That is exactly how I feel. Now anybody can win the dragons without competing against each other unless you want to spend boatloads of money to get the trophies. Last time, I got all the dragons spending minimal gold. Of course, getting an ultra rare dragon during the event did not hurt me. I am glad that everybody can get the top dragon now instead of a few people like the first time. I just play the event and see what happens. I was happy to get the Tanuki dragon during the first event.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast