Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice with my current iTunes money

Maybe use some of the money to upgrade a current app to the ad free version? I did that with a weather app and a solitaire app and have no regrets! A magazine subscription is a good idea too.

As for castle story...by fish shop do you mean the fish market? Or the bait shop w/the blue and yellow awning?
    The bait shop is a total waste of gems. It only drops the lures you can craft in the magic forge.
    The fish market does very rarely drop smoked fish sandwiches and other fish dishes. I often get coins only since I'm always maxed on catfish and butterfish. Occasionally I'll get 1-3 gold (regular) fish. (Not often enough IMO)
    The Cabbage hut is quite nice to have because for now, you can store up cabbages until a prize you'd like shows up in the tent. There is no reported limit of rotten cabbages in storage. (But as we know, things are subject to change.) So far, I'm happy with that purchase, even though I THOUGHT I was spending coins when I bought it, it has more than paid for itself.
    * although...depending on how long you're willing to wait for the cabbage hut, you can now get it with gold troll tokens, no gems required.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 05-30-16 at 01:14 PM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

New Resident
    I waited almost four weeks for the flower alicorn to show up, all the while hoarding my 48 cabbages that I had bought earlier in a value pack. Then I realized I would not be getting the Ali unless I spend some or all of my cabbages, so I bit the bullet and bought a dog, guess what, next day the Ali shows. It all designed to get us to buy gems and cabbages, it's not random at all!

I had meant bait shop, thought it helped with adventures so that is good to know. I'm maxed on fish usually so I don't think the fish market is useful at this point which means back at the cabbage hut. I just need a gem sale asap. I always get them so don't want to jinx myself and I'll hold onto my card I got as a gift and only put it on when I am ready.

I am grateful S8 did listen to us and make some changes, I just wish the changes were better and more importantly we received a written apology and words speak louder. Something is better than nothing I suppose and hopefully future adventures will make up for it as I try to be optimistic. When that happens and then have something really cool to buy, I will be ready.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

New Resident
    Oh my, I just got another value pack offer, guess what it's for.....cabbages hahaha funny. I just got two $50 iTunes cards for my birthday, I wonder how they knew that, now I'm tempted to buy those cabbages.

Quote Originally Posted by mezmira View Post
    Oh my, I just got another value pack offer, guess what it's for.....cabbages hahaha funny. I just got two $50 iTunes cards for my birthday, I wonder how they knew that, now I'm tempted to buy those cabbages.
    Timing is a funny thing for sure. I hope you figure out what you want to do with yours and are happy with your decision

I never before had a $50 iTunes card before this and would not have splurged on myself with that much on an event, then I get it in the care package. Of course it has to happen amiss all this but the good news is there is no rush to load it as I have nothing I need to buy right now. My hopes is S8 will continue to straighten things out buy the time something interesting domes out so I feel morally ok loading it and get to have some fun with more gems then I even had (hopefully on a sale!!!!!!!)))))))))
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!

Farm Supplier
    If you really want to chose between the two options, i would chose the cabbage hut, BUT really i agree with some of the other post, go spend it on something else, one post mention paying to remove the adds in another app, my thought was, if your using a free app, that you use alot, reward the designer/owner by paying to remove the adds, i think that is more better idea. ie encourage them to make the app better.

Storm8 have more than enough encouragment/feedback to make this game better, yet they do not imo.
    Last edited by ragingray; 05-30-16 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added extra comment

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    Maybe use some of the money to upgrade a current app to the ad free version? I did that with a weather app and a solitaire app and have no regrets! A magazine subscription is a good idea too.

As for castle story...by fish shop do you mean the fish market? Or the bait shop w/the blue and yellow awning?
    The bait shop is a total waste of gems. It only drops the lures you can craft in the magic forge.
    The fish market does very rarely drop smoked fish sandwiches and other fish dishes. I often get coins only since I'm always maxed on catfish and butterfish. Occasionally I'll get 1-3 gold (regular) fish. (Not often enough IMO)
    The Cabbage hut is quite nice to have because for now, you can store up cabbages until a prize you'd like shows up in the tent. There is no reported limit of rotten cabbages in storage. (But as we know, things are subject to change.) So far, I'm happy with that purchase, even though I THOUGHT I was spending coins when I bought it, it has more than paid for itself.
    * although...depending on how long you're willing to wait for the cabbage hut, you can now get it with gold troll tokens, no gems required.
    For long time players I agree, both fish and bait market are useless.. You know the cabbage limit will change in two or three monster hunts when everybody that purchased MRC have also bought the cabbage hut for gold tokens. Most likely the new storage limit will be 12 (to make certain it's useless as the MRC..) then their will be an outrage thread that will make them change back, but you will not get back your gold tokens for the cabbage hut, you will only get back cabbages and have your items removed of course. Yep u know where you heard it first. Just so everybody understand ... Sarcasm..
    Last edited by Thorgal; 05-31-16 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgal View Post
    For long time players I agree, both fish and bait market are useless.. You know the cabbage limit will change in two or three monster hunts when everybody that purchased MRC have also bought the cabbage hut for gold tokens. Most likely the new storage limit will be 12 (to make certain it's useless as the MRC..) then their will be an outrage thread that will make them change back, but you will not get back your gold tokens for the cabbage hut, you will only get back cabbages and have your items removed of course. Yep u know where you heard it first. Just so everybody understand ... Sarcasm..
    That's one of my fears

And to others I have already made the games I enjoy ad free and even bought a pack or two for one not long ago not that they needed the money...I think zynga is doing just fine haha, that was just me being stubborn trying to complete a level lol

Just think how much simpler "games" we're before smart phones...I love having it on me all the time but that was what crossword and word searches and sudoku's were for. Social games had to actually be played together. I have mixed feelings. It helps in the hospital, but you are flooded by them.

Rhino Keeper
    I have found the cabbage hut more useful than the bait market. Much more so.

But I'd currently let s8 go without some of your money. That's my very personal opinion.

New Resident
    i won't be spending my iTunes cards anytime soon, I had 42 gems last week that I had saved up, then lost 20 of them to a energy gem trap, so I spent the last 22 gems I had to speed up my colesseum, rather than have them stolen from me. I won't be buying anything until we are given a purchase confirmation button. How do we make apps ad free?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast