Page 1 of 86 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 5/20 Update - The Colosseum Of Beasts (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | EXPIRED

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story: 5/20 Update - The Colosseum Of Beasts (TIMED/OPTIONAL) | EXPIRED

The Colosseum Of Beasts
    (prepared by SW)
    Starts: 5/20 12 PM | Ends: 6/14 4 PM
    Time zone converter: compare where you are with California

21 May.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Moderator Warning...

If you cannot keep to the forum posting rules, your post will be removed. The glimmer alicorn changes thread gives you the ability to speak your mind. It does not apply here. I'll add this to post 1 so all can see. Anything off topic or unrelated to the Colosseum event will be removed.

Disputes with Forum Staff/Storm8 Staff
    Please note that it is against the forum rules to dispute with forum moderators regarding a mod action in the thread. If you have a question about a mod action, please post in the Forum Disputes Section, or send the moderators a Private Message.

Building Requirements:
    Colosseum Of Beasts (Level 17+) (3x3) limit 1 Cannot be sold
    This building was only available during the event it was released.
    Info: A grand venue for knights to showcase their bravery! Harvest for Royal Crests, Mason's Chisels and Mason's Hammers
    Collection time: 3 hours
    Speed up: 6 gems
    Drops: fur, bone, rat tail, troll essence, troll club
    Cost: 500 coin
    Build/Level 1: 1 simple glue, 25 wood, 25 stone, 20 fur
    Level 2: 4 mason's hammer, 4 mason's chisel, 25 wood, 25 stone
    Level 3: 4 mason's hammer, 4 mason's chisel, 30 iron, 40 silver
    Level 4: 8 mason's hammer, 8 mason's chisel, 2 fancy block, 2 fancy beam
    Level 5: 12 mason's hammer, 12 mason's chisel, 40 bones, 3 superglue
    Level 6: 12 mason's hammer, 12 mason's chisel, 40 hide, 3 royal beams
    Level 7: 18 mason's hammer, 18 mason's chisel, 30 Furs, 3 Royal Blocks
    Level 8: 18 mason's hammer, 18 mason's chisel, 2 Builders Paste, 4 Royal Beams
    Level 9: 24 mason's hammer, 24 mason's chisel, 2 Builders Paste, 4 Royal Blocks
    Level 10: 60 mason's hammer, 60 mason's chisel, 4 Builders Paste, 6 Royal Beams

Drops from the Colosseum Of Beasts
    Level 1: 2 Royal Crests, 1 Mason Chisel, 1 Mason Hammer
    Level 2: 4 Royal Crests, 1 Mason Chisel, 1 Mason Hammer
    Level 3: 7 Royal Crests, 1 Mason Chisel, 1 Mason Hammer
    Level 4: 11 Royal Crests, 1 Mason Chisel, 1 Mason Hammer (Chance of 2 Mason Chisel and 2 Mason Hammer dropping additionally)
    Level 5: 17 Royal Crests, 1 Mason Chisel, 1 Mason Hammer (Chance of 2 Mason Chisel and 2 Mason Hammer dropping additionally)
    Level 6: 24 Royal Crests, 1 Mason Chisel, 1 Mason Hammer (Chance of 2 Mason Chisel and 2 Mason Hammer dropping additionally)
    Level 7: 32 Royal Crests, 1 Mason Chisel, 1 Mason Hammer (Chance of 2 Mason Chisel and 2 Mason Hammer dropping additionally)
    Level 8: 41 Royal Crests, 2 Mason Chisel, 2 Mason Hammer (Chance of 2 Mason Chisel and 2 Mason Hammer dropping additionally)
    Level 9: 53 Royal Crests, 2 Mason Chisel, 2 Mason Hammer (Chance of 2 Mason Chisel and 2 Mason Hammer dropping additionally)
    Level 10: 68 Royal Crests
    After event: Drops a chance of Fur, Bone, Rat Tail, Troll Essence, or Troll Club. (This is only available when the Colosseum is at Level 10)

Individual Prizes:
    1. 200 Royal Crests | Dragonprint Path x16 & Monster Chest x1 | size 1x1 each
    2. 600 Royal Crests | Ruler's Armaments (decoration - a grand display of all your weapons!) | size 2x2
    3. 1600 Royal Crests | Griffin Nest (decoration)| size 2x2
    4. 3200 Royal Crests | Monster Stable (resource - 22 hour ) drops fur, horn, tails | size 2x2
    5. 5600 Royal Crests | Royal Naga (resource - 22 hour) | size 1x1
    Royal Naga is the final prize. It is like a pet and drops random items including Energy, Naga Fins, Seaweed or Shell Armor, and coral decorations.

Community Prizes: unlocks at 700 Royal Crests
    1. Marble Wall (16) +3rp ea - size 1x1 ea
    2. Marble Gate (4) + 3rp ea - size 1x2 ea
    3. Marble Tower (4) + 3rp ea - size 1x1 ea

How does this event work?
    * The total number of Royal Crests are updated as soon as they drop, not when they are collected. The counter may not accurately reflect the total number of crests you have, but if you go into the event screen it does.
    *To get the first individual prize, you need to collect 200 Royal Crests. Once you reach 700 Royal Crests, you are eligible for any and all of the prizes that are earned by the community (shown on the second row).
    * Need more Royal Crests? The Naga Alter and Monster Chest will give you extra Royal Crests. The Monster Chest is 30 gems and is cleared in 1 action.
    * Value Pack offered contains: 5 Mason's Hammer + 5 Monster Chest + 5 Mason's Chisel

*Gather Royal Crests through the following methods: Colosseum, Market places x1, Taverns x1, Lantern spires x1, Watchtowers x1, Farmhouses 1-2, Naga Altar 2 Royal Crests every 3 hours), Monster Chest
    DROPS CONFIRMED THAT ITS 1 DROP WITH A CHANCE OF 2. SW 24 May.

*The Naga Altar post-event is decorative only after the event is finished.

Player report: chopped 1 monster chest, got 3 crests.

IF YOU GET A MESSAGE THAT YOU ARE AT YOUR LIMIT IT MEANS YOU HAVE THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF BUILDINGS ALLOWED. REFER TO THE BUILDING GUIDE FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Ruler's Armaments
    Inventory Card: a grand display of all your weapons!
    Found: 2nd individual prize from the Colosseum Event May 2016
    Uses: 2x2 decoration
    Thread

Griffin Nest
    Found: 3rd individual prize from the Colosseum Event May 2016
    Uses: 2x2 decoration
    Thread

Monster Stable
    Found: 4th individual prize from the Colosseum Event May 2016 - 2x2
    Drops: fur, troll horn, rat tails, manticore whisker
    Collection time: 22 hours
    Thread

Royal Naga
    Found: 1x1 Prize from the Colosseum Event May 2016
    Drops: Energy, Naga Fins, Seaweed or Shell Armor and coral decorations.
    Collection time: 22 hours
    Thread
    Note: there is no current use for fins or seaweed... they may be for future storyline/s.

Marble Wall
    Found: 16 walls - 1st community prize from the Colosseum Event May 2016
    Uses: decoration
    Thread

Dragonprint path
    Found: 16 paths - 1st individual prize from the Colosseum Event May 2016
    Thread

Marble Gate
    Found: 4 gates - 2nd community prize from the Colosseum Event May 2016
    Thread

Marble Tower
    Found: 4 towers - 3rd community prize from the Colosseum Event May 2016
    Thread
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-15-16 at 02:17 PM.

Castle Story: 5/20 Update - The Colosseum Of Beasts (TIMED/OPTIONAL)

Goals:
    Dialogue:
    Spoiler: show
    Ivy: Hey Ruler! Have you ever heard of the Colosseum?
    Ruler: Hmm... I think so... It's like a big battle arena, right?
    Yeah! It's a grand event where knights from all across the land compete!
    Ruler: How is that any different from a jousting tournament?
    Ivy: In jousting tournaments, knights fight against each other. In the Colosseum, they battle mighty and fearsome beasts!
    Ruler: Whoa! That sounds kind of dangerous...
    Ivy: It can be, but that's kind of the point. Facing controlled danger helps them prepare for real threats to their kingdoms.
    Ruler: I see. that *does* sound helpful! Okay, Ivy, I'm sold! Let's build a Colosseum of our own!
    Ivy: Hooray!

A Colosseum? What a splendid idea! Yes, yes, the blueprints are just over... Ahh... Now, where did I...?
    Part 1: The Colosseum Of Beasts
    * Place the Colosseum 0/1 (PLACE)
    * Build the Colosseum 0/1 1 simple glue, 25 wood, 25 stone, 20 fur
    Rewards: 270 coin, 2 xp
    Congratulations! It is not much right now, but with further construction it will be most magnificent, I think!

Dialogue:
    Ruler: Old Thomas, do you know much about the Colosseum?
    Old Thomas: Yes, indeed I do! I have attended a number of such events in my day.
    Ruler: Really? You don't strike me as the kind of person who would enjoy watching it.
    OT: Ah... Y-Yes,well... One does quite a few things they normally would not when in love...
    Ruler: You mean Agnes likes watching the Colosseum?
    OT: She can be quite the firecracker, that one! ... Ahh, in any case...Yes, I know a bit about the Colosseum.
    Ruler: Great! This is my first time building one, so I'm kind of in the dark here.
    OT: What about Miss Ivy? Was this not her proposal to begin with?
    Ruler: Yeah, about that... It turns out Ivy's only ever heard of them before, and likes the idea of them.
    OT: Well, there is no harm in trying new things, I suppose! I would be glad to serve you by taking up the mantle on this one, Young Ruler!
    Ruler: Great! Just let us know what we need, and we'll do what we can to get it.

The most important part of the Colosseum is a strong foundation,. In this matter, we cannot slack!
    Part 2: A Mighty Colossus
    * Clear Trees 0/2 CHOP (skip 50 gems)
    * Clear Rocks 0/5 MINE (skip 50 gems)
    * Upgrade the Colosseum to Level 2 4 mason's hammer, 4 mason's chisel, 30 iron, 40 silver
    Rewards: 270 coin, 2 xp, 20 Royal Crests
    Notes: clearing a fern (1 chop) counts toward clearing trees, so do dead trees
    Congratulations! Wonderful! This will serve as a solid base for us to further build upon!

Dialogue:
    Ivy: Okay, Old Thomas! What's next? Spears? Horses/ Bannermen?
    OT: Ahh... We have quite a ways left to go before we are ready for all that, Miss Ivy!
    Ivy: Aww...
    OT: It is very important that we reinforce the underlying structure of our building. Otherwise, the Colosseum may not withstand the events held within it!
    Ivy: True... Okay, you've got a point, I guess... though wouldn't it be a cool event for knights to be dodging falling rocks?
    Ruler: ... I think I'd prefer something a bit less... concussive...

Okay, what about falling Dire Boars?... Builder's Paste? ...No?
    Part 3: Colossal Danger?
    * Visit Taverns 0/4 VISIT (skip 32 gems)
    * Upgrade the Colosseum to Level 4 0/1 BUILD L3: 4 mason's hammer, 4 mason's chisel, 30 iron, 40 silver | L4: 8 mason's hammer, 8 mason's chisel, 2 fancy block, 2 fancy beam
    Rewards: 1400 coin, 5 xp, 50 Royal Crests
    Congratulations! Alright, I guess not-so-hazardous Colosseum events can be fun, too.

Dialogue:
    Ruler: Okay, Old Thomas, I think we have a secure base for the Colosseum. What's next?
    OT: Well, we need places for the audience to sit, of course!
    Ruler: Oh, yeah! I guess that's pretty important, huh?
    Ivy: You think we'll be able to fit enough seating for everyone?
    Ruler: We could include some standing areas? That may not be very comfortable, though.
    Ivy: Let's do both, and let attendees choose which they would prefer!
    Ruler: Yeah! We should put the standing areas closer to the action. That will help make up for the discomfort.
    OT: Splendid ideas! I think our citizens will be quite pleased with this plan. Let us get started right away!

As we begin work on the Colosseum's furnishings, we will need more than just Wood and Stone!
    Part 4: Why Not Both?
    * Hunt Monsters 0/10 HUNT (skip 30 gems) [Tip: The sparring pit counts towards the monsters you have to fight in this part.]
    * Upgrade Colosseum to Level 6 0/1 BUILD 12 mason's hammer, 12 mason's chisel, 40 hide, 3 royal beams
    Rewards: 1400 coin, 5 xp, 100 Royal Crests
    Congratulations! The Colosseum now has sufficient space to house a very large audience, I think!

Dialogue:
    Ivy: We're so close to finishing the Colosseum! I can't wait to see the final thing!
    Ruler: Yeah! Soon, we'll be able to host Colosseum events of our own!
    OT: Our Colosseum is quite functional! However, the best buildings do more than provide a service.
    Ivy: That's a good point, Old Thomas. No one will want to come to the Colosseum if it doesn't look nice!
    Ruler: Yeah, and that goes for the competing knights as well. We should be giving them a grand stage to perform on!
    OT: Yes, precisely!
    Ivy: Alright, so let's focus on sprucing this place up, next! We'll give the Colosseum a nice canopy to keep the audience cool inside.
    Ruler: Oh! And outside, we can display banners upon the columns. The champion knights will have their portraits displayed there for all to see!
    OT: These are great ideas, my friends! Shall we begin finalizing construction?

Let's get this place polished off, then spread the word so everyone will come visit our Colosseum!
    Part 5: We've Got You Covered! triggers after you upgrade the Colosseum to Level 6
    * Visit community kingdoms 0/20 GO (skip 60 gems)
    * Give 5 hearty feasts 0/5 GIVE (skip 100 gems)
    * Upgrade Colosseum to level 10 0/1 BUILD 60 mason's hammer, 60 mason's chisel, 2 Builders Paste, 6 Royal Beams
    Rewards: 2400 coin, 7 xp, 150 Royal Crests
    Congratulations! Wow! The Colosseum looks spectacular! Great job, Ruler!

There are three time quests, each has 3 day limit. They are OPTIONAL and will expire if you choose not to do them.

Completing Part 2 triggers Side Goal 1:
    Dialogue:
    Ruler: Hmm... Our masons are going to need a lot of chisels and hammers... Can you think of any way for us to get more?
    Ivy: What about the Market Place? Some of our citizens might be selling more there!
    Ruler: Great idea, Ivy! What should we offer in exchange?
    Ivy: Well, how about some Wheat? There's always a big demand for Wheat among the people!
    Ruler: True! Alright, let's gather up some Wheat and take it to the Market Place.

If we offer enough Wheat, we're sure to find a merchant willing to give us some Mason's Chisels and Mason's Hammers in return
    Side Goal 1: Tools to Trade?
    * Plant Wheat 0/25 PLANT (skip 10 gems)
    * Harvest Wheat 0/50 HARVEST (skip 20 gems)
    * Visit the Market Places 0/3 VISIT (skip 40 gems)
    Rewards: 2400 coin, 7xp, 1 Pack of 2 Mason's Chisel and 2 Mason's Hammers
    Congratulations! Great! We got some Mason's Chisel and Mason's Hammers!

Upgrading the Colosseum to Level 4 triggers Side Goal 2:
    Dialogue:
    OT: It seems we are again short on chisels and hammers for our masons, Young Ruler.
    Ruler: Hmm... We already checked the Market Places...
    Ivy: Maybe there are other masons who have some tools to spare?
    OT: Ahh, yes! I am sure there are builders who would be willing to help us. The question is, where can we find them?
    Ivy: Let's try the Taverns! That's where most of our craftsmen go on their breaks.
    Ruler: Good thinking, Ivy! Let's go right away!

Our craftsmen tend to frequent only the best Taverns in the kingdom!
    Side Goal 2: Tool Bar
    * Pay 100000 Coins 0/1 PAY (skip 50 gems)
    * Have a Level 5 Tavern 0/1
    * Visit Level 5 Taverns 0/18 VISIT (skip 200 gems)
    Rewards: 2400 coin, 7xp, 1 Pack of 6 Mason's Chisel and 6 Mason's Hammers
    Congratulations! Awesome! This should help us quite a bit!

Finishing Part 4 and upgrading to Level 6 triggers Side Goal 3:
    Dialogue:
    Ruler: Hmm... there's gotta be more chisels and hammers around here somewhere...
    OT: Ah, Young Ruler, I am glad I found you!
    Ruler: What's wrong, Old Thomas? Did something happen?
    OT: Not yet, thankfully. However, some of our citizens have reason to be concerned.
    Ruler: They do? What's going on?
    OT: It seems the Colosseum of Beasts event has attracted the attention of monsters. There haven't been any major attacks just yet, but it has the people worried.
    Ruler: I see. What can we do to help reassure them?
    OT: I think it would be greatly appreciated if we confirmed the people's security. Renovating the kingdom's defenses would go a long way towards reassuring them!
    Ruler: Okay, sure. That's definitely something I can do!

Wonderful! I shall assist you with the inspections, Young Ruler. Let me just find those improvement scrolls...
    Side Goal 3: Tower Defense
    * Have Level 5 Watchtowers or Lantern Spires 0/2
    * Inspect Level 5 Watchtowers or Lantern Spires 0/120 VISIT (skip 300 gems)
    Rewards: 2400 coin, 7 xp, 1 Pack of 9 Mason's Chisel and 9 Mason's Hammers
    Congratulations! Excellent work, Young Ruler! Our citizens provided us these tools to show their gratitude.
    Note: Love Spires DO NOT count

Quote Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus View Post
    Hey guys! Thanks for being so patient. I've talked to the team and yes, it is intended for 120 Level 5 Watchtowers/Lantern Spires. I've passed along the feedback that the number is especially high this time around. To confirm, this Goal is optional and does not need to be completed. Thanks again for all of your patience!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-14-16 at 02:23 AM.

Castle Story: 5/20 Update - The Colosseum Of Beasts (TIMED/OPTIONAL)

Pictures:

ShibuyaCloth's inventory pictures are in this post: click here

Attachment 31068 Attachment 31069
    16 Dragonprint Path [1x1] (the photo below says 15 because I had one displayed in my kingdom)
    Attachment 31071 Attachment 31072
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-22-16 at 03:03 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Battle can get quite heated! Even the bravest knights need proper preparation. And what better way to provide that with a grand event? Slay thy foes, O Shiny Ones, and prove thy mettle! The Colosseum awaits!!!

[==Update requires Level 17+ to participate. 5/20 12 PM - 6/14 4 PM==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: BEAST
    Last edited by PikaSquirrel; 05-20-16 at 12:02 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    This event looks sooo gooooood!

Fashion Designer
    Small rock piles and dead trees work, only 5 energy each.

Got my colluseum up and getting ready to upgrade to level 2 already - blimey!

I for one am not going to participate in this after all the hard work of the last event and then the bait and switch taking it all away. So many players are disillusioned and are quitting because of what happened the community prizes probably won't even make it to the required numbers.

Fashion Designer
    The sooner you put THe coluseum out the better. You need parts from the coluseum drops to upgrade...

Anyone know how many times we must collect before we can upgrade to level 2?

Page 1 of 86 123451151 ... LastLast