View Poll Results: Which recent event did you enjoy most?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Season Of Luck!

18 13.74%
  • Ivy's Petting Zoo

2 1.53%
  • Cherry Hive Event

65 49.62%
  • The Great Glimmeregg Hunt

13 9.92%
  • Fire and Ice (Current event)

33 25.19%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite recent events in Castle Story?

Executive Chef
    #1 Cherry Hive - Anthia and the Cherry Tree was an awesome quest with awesome prizes and beautiful deco
    #2 Season of Luck - the Lucky Workshop is an awesome building that continues to be useful
    #3 The Great Glimmeregg Hunt - the glimmeregg bunny is useful (but really wish it wasn't wearing a pink ribbon!) but other deco could've had drops.

BAD Ivy's Petting Zoo - the Zoo is horrible animation , went straight into storage , having two is just twice as useless

* Fire and Ice (Current event) - enjoying so far , think the prize may be pretty worthless tho

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 88silver View Post
    Season of Luck had potential, but energy and coins are way too frequent reward for the work that goes into it.

Petting Zoo is out because no one has bothered doing the code for Android players to do that type of event.

Cherry Hive was OK, but for the reasorces that went into it, I was hoping the completed hive would give better drops. If it functioned like a 3rd sawmill, I'd have liked it better.

Glimmeregg hunt was fun with a good balance of crafting and gathering, but I prefer to not have deco as a prize, and seasonal deco is even worse. I didn't like the hugely expensive gem building that was offered without clear statements of its uselessness. An event only gem item ought to be 75 gems or less.

Fire and Ice sucks because it means two weeks with nothing to do as an Android player.

I liked the last monster hunt, before the changes. I understand the need for the change, but think it went too extreme (limit too low, cost too high), was dealt with poorly, and wound up being quite trust breaking. If it was instead made to be 2-5 one time only craft options, each with a higher material cost (say 5, then 10, 20, 30, and 40 tokens), changed sooner, and came *with notification/explanation*, it wouldn't feel so ugly. Instead of one "one time only" alicorn craft, there would be multiple "one time only" crafts with the only difference being cost.

I'd like all events better if S8 would clearly state what the end prize will be/do.
    I totally agree with 88silver as well. I haven't voted for any of the listed choices because of the reasons below:

The Season of Luck, as with ANYTHING using leprechauns in advertising, promised the earth but actually delivered very little in the end (slot machines I'm looking at you).

The Petting Zoo and Fire and Ice are irrelevant to players like myself who avoid anything to do with apple/Ios.

The Glimmeregg challenge was quite good to play along with and make all those pretty eggs, I'm glad I didn't get sucked into buying that useless Forge as I had learnt a lesson with the Bait Shop.

Monster Hunts are the most fun, especially now we are given a similar chance to hunt monsters as those on that other game platform.

Cherry Hive was OK, but please do fix that hideous fairy!

Two weeks without an update for Android players is frustrating for Level 50 players like myself who have completed all the tasks in the book/fully expanded and are now just making inventory and twiddling our thumbs.

Nightclub Owner
    Just one vote, but in general I like the events. As of late just one was not to my taste in this list.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

I voted for the Cherry Hive. I think the tree is pretty, I enjoyed the story and the end reward justified my time, energy and resources. I also enjoyed the glimmer egg hunt but that had some frustrating glitches. Fire and ice is good, I'm happy with the rewards etc., but I can't say I'm a fan of the storybook format. Least favorite was the petting zoo.

IMO, the best quests have a solid storyline and reward you with worthwhile items at different intervals throughout the process, even if you are not able to see it thru to its final reward. At least you walk away with something unique for the effort you were able to make.
    ċѧṡṭʟє ṡṭȏяʏ: ᎠᎬᏙᎾNᏚᎻᏆᎡᎬ  єṡṭ:2015

Executive Chef
    I generally like all the events, but the timed storybook format has to be my least favorite. Too much pressure, especially with neighbor-related steps that don't seem to update counts properly.

There should be a better mix of resources used for these events. Why always living wood and gold nuggets? I'm glad this current one asked for golden eggs, which I think more people had available as I didn't see a lot of posts about that in the event thread. Find uses for things that all levels have the ability to find or craft more easily than the super rare drops.

Collecting from multiple marketplaces....that's just mean to those that don't have or can't afford more than 1. Why not multiple collections from Ivy or Thomas, buildings that everyone participating has and then it's fair? Those that want to speed through it can and those that can't or don't want to still have a chance to finish without wasting days on one step.

And let the Android people play!!! I'm iOS but I'm appalled at the lack of things designed for both platforms.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Rhino Keeper
    Cherry Hive was great. Pity there was not a better way of fixing the glitch at the end, rather than making the neighbour requests irrelevant.

Petting Zoo and Fire and Ice not available for Android. Fire and Ice looked like a very good update.

Season of Luck. I was away for the whole event, but the Parade Float is still in the market for me to purchase, which is a bit silly.

I also missed half the Glimmeregg Hunt, but enjoyed what I was able to do.

Incidentally I read somewhere that storybook events could not be made available for Android, and yet I can at least try to do them in Fantasy Forest.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm on Android so, like others on Android, I have not been able to participate in 2/5 of the events listed. So how can I comment meaningfully on this poll? And, how does this poll help S8 design the best future updates based on the views of all players....unless of course we Android players don't really matter.

Right now, because of this poll, I'm feeling pretty fed up as it seems clear that (as I suspected) we really are not important.

I loved the Easter event as I love Easter eggs etc but the issue with the forge was unfortunate. I bought the forge and have three glimmer Ali's. I am now drowning in eggs - but that's ok. Just wait for Easter next year - my kingdom will be plastered with eggs! Ha ha ha.

Host(ess)
    Hey SW- the thread link for Season of Luck takes you to the Cherry Hive.

oops! Thank you. Link fixed... SW
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 05-13-16 at 09:13 PM.

i like community events. i log on daily , so tapping and helping is not a prob for me. the storybook quests on the other hand......not so much.

i like to finish a goal and move on , or see my progress, i dont like budgeting time to get something done , just to find out i have to wait 18 hours.....

other then that, i like how the community works really hard to get the prizes for everyone, its fun.

i picked the cherry hive event because...
    getting something as gorgeous as the cherry tree from the last event was amazing, the end reward was so pretty
    ( not the fairy , the tree! ) more like that please.
    did not play the zoo, i didnt like the looks or the resources it gave at the end, and stopped on chapter 1. does not look like it belongs in this game. more like farm story.
    i like a mix of collecting and crafting , and love quests that dont ask for nuggets.....always nuggets.....theres other things too you know lol and please, NO MORE LIVING WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

i miss my purple alicorn factory very much though....i really wanted all purple in my kingdom

xox
    cyndora
    Last edited by cyndora; 05-13-16 at 09:22 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast