View Poll Results: Which recent event did you enjoy most?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Season Of Luck!

18 13.74%
  • Ivy's Petting Zoo

2 1.53%
  • Cherry Hive Event

65 49.62%
  • The Great Glimmeregg Hunt

13 9.92%
  • Fire and Ice (Current event)

33 25.19%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite recent events in Castle Story?

Executive Chef
    Of all the S8 games I play I think the events on this game are my favorite ones. Still not a huge fan of the storybook format and the strict timings, but these CS events seem to be the least stressful ones for me overall. There's lots to do to keep me interested, lots of things to collect along the way, and I enjoy getting new things to display in my kingdom even if they don't drop something super special. The ticket booths from the horse track event and their living wood/jewel drops have saved me more than once!

I also like that the events have a relation to the characters and fit in as everyday things within the storyline. The barons mother showing up, holiday celebrations, stuff like that. Not everything has to directly connect to the storyline in my opinion, though some things just shouldn't be dropped afterwards. We haven't seen Sabina since the wedding....did she have 10 kids then got fed up and left Thurston and that's where all the orphans came from?
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mautzu View Post
    I'm on Android. It's very difficult to express my opinion regarding iOS only events in polite, decent words. I will just say that I like best the events with usefull rewards, altough those seem to all be history now. So, from the 3 events opened to Android players only the Season of luck had a somehow usefull prize. I'll vote for it. (Kinda lame)
    I have to agree, 2 of those events android folks have no clue about. I equally liked the three events I was able to participate in though, and I had to choose by reusability...i am still doing things with the lucky workshop, so that event got my vote.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffyjkitten View Post
    We haven't seen Sabina since the wedding....did she have 10 kids then got fed up and left Thurston and that's where all the orphans came from?
    Loooool never thought of that!

Rhino Keeper
    I think it's unfair to have a vote as android and iOS are not equal and so I feel it would be an unfair result. Also there are massive glitches within the quests, just as one example the Fire and Ice quest it took 3days for some of my nbrs to get the advocate request!! How on earth are ppl expected to finish quests when it's taking this long for requests to go through?? It's finished now and today I got notification that my nbrs responded to my request! I've had nbrs write and apologise as they hoped I hadn't failed because off the delay. Not everyone can afford to use gems. I love my game but I have lost so many nbrs now because they are fed up with the game causing stress and frustration. Games shouldn't get us like that yet this does. I have great appreciation for the developers of the game and the work that goes into it but I feel S8 REALLY needs to listen to their players, make Android and iOS equal it's not right ppl are paying for gems keeping the company and game going but DONT have equal rights sorry that's wrong!! So I can't vote as its an unfair system, but keep up the good work. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by scotslassuk; 05-19-16 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Spelling

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 88silver View Post
    Season of Luck had potential, but energy and coins are way too frequent reward for the work that goes into it.

Petting Zoo is out because no one has bothered doing the code for Android players to do that type of event.

Cherry Hive was OK, but for the reasorces that went into it, I was hoping the completed hive would give better drops. If it functioned like a 3rd sawmill, I'd have liked it better.

Glimmeregg hunt was fun with a good balance of crafting and gathering, but I prefer to not have deco as a prize, and seasonal deco is even worse. I didn't like the hugely expensive gem building that was offered without clear statements of its uselessness. An event only gem item ought to be 75 gems or less.

Fire and Ice sucks because it means two weeks with nothing to do as an Android player.

I liked the last monster hunt, before the changes. I understand the need for the change, but think it went too extreme (limit too low, cost too high), was dealt with poorly, and wound up being quite trust breaking. If it was instead made to be 2-5 one time only craft options, each with a higher material cost (say 5, then 10, 20, 30, and 40 tokens), changed sooner, and came *with notification/explanation*, it wouldn't feel so ugly. Instead of one "one time only" alicorn craft, there would be multiple "one time only" crafts with the only difference being cost.

I'd like all events better if S8 would clearly state what the end prize will be/do.
    This. Very well put!

Fashion Designer
    the season of luck event would have been the best hands down if the lucky trade dropped anything OTHER THAN 4000 coins!!!!!!!!!!! [and the next to 0 chance for something good??? come on.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Hi everyone!

We'd like to get some feedback from you guys on which recent event you enjoyed most and why, thanks!
    None of them anymore after yesterday's fiasco. Seriously how can we find any of these events fun when S8 is just going to come back a month later and ruin it

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessPenelope3 View Post
    None of them anymore after yesterday's fiasco. Seriously how can we find any of these events fun when S8 is just going to come back a month later and ruin it
    I agree even though I wasnt personally affected by that. I'm sure I will be at some point because this seems to be the standard. I wont delete my previous post about enjoying these events best because it was true and probably still is, but I am not participating in any of the ones that started yesterday or today in any of my games. Finishing the BS2 tea and lavender since I am on the final step, another few hours and then that's done. No more S8 games for awhile after that.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

I liked the season of luck. I like the new resource building, I do not care about low item drop rate.
    The cherry hive event was fun. The tree is pretty.....the farie is a bit strange looking, but not concerned about that either.
    As an android player I never got close to ever getting the purple alicorn. I'd like to have the ability to have 2, bit I don't think that Will happen.
    Non time consuming challenges are great, my boss frowns on game playing at work!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye1186 View Post
    I've been playing castle story from the beginning!... Little did I know that S8 was going to have some (a lot), of awesome things for IOS only! So disheartening! It's like a slap in the face that we android players are put on the back burner, we don't matter anymore! What's up with that? I have asked several times in the forums, to no avail! If we aren't important enough for your team to offer the same gameplay for both systems, I guess now it's just a game for IOS users only? ! Especially for new players! I've thoroughly enjoyed the game for all, but it sure was a lot of effort to be kicked to the side! So, I can't honestly answer the poll, since I didn't get to play all of the events! Are android users ever going to get the whole game? Thanks for the gameplay of old!
    I've never understood this. I have a friend on Android (I'm on iOS) who can't even see some of the items in my kingdom when she visits. Why even offer the game for Android if you can't really play it?

As for my favorite event, it wasn't on the list. I would vote for the Halloween event from 2 years ago.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast