Page 114 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1441

Thread: Castle Story: 5/06 Update - Fire And Ice (iOS Only - TIMED/OPTIONAL)

Quote Originally Posted by ladlasse View Post
    If this is true, then they need to give us a way to sort or prioritize our neighbors, so we can easily get to those we know will respond. I had never heard this explanation before. I usually send my requests out to everyone, since I wasn't sure who would respond.
    I wish there was a sure way to determine active neighbors too. Here's what I do re: neighbor requests

I keep a log of who has sent me a request, I use paper and pen, but even a screen shot will work. Then when I'm ready to send requests, I send to those neighbors first. Then I send to neighbors who have recently visited. (you can't count on these type events to determine who is active, because Andriod users and really low levels can't participate. And even though they can't, they can usually GET requests. It's unfair in the extreme, but they are kind enough to return requests.)
    If after several hours, I still don't have 20 responses (though that is rare), I will send out a few more random ones. I just try not to send too many in case I need to request something else within a day or two. (Like the signatures.)

Hope this helps!
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

I will try shutting down my laptop. I tried my other games and they were working. Need to be ready to lift some spirits tomorrow at a lunch meeting so will just leave this tonight. Only 4 hours left anyway.

Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    That is not what you want to happen is it! Sounds like you've done all you can. Do you have any or devices with wifi on in the house? If yes, turn them off (if possible). It will help (it does for me!)

Well. That was anticlimactic.

Quote Originally Posted by kdgulle View Post
    This hasn't been true for me, I'll just let you know my experience because it was an issue I ran into when I first started playing my more experienced neighbors pointed this out to me. You need 50 of an item. You send out 25 a day you get 20 back then send to stormie for 21. By the next day storm8 day those 5 request show up to those who didn't send them back. So you have 26 by that time you send out 25 more request you can only get 15 of those back because you received 5 on the start of the new day. You can end. Up with 41 send 1 to stormie then you have 42. Then the the next morning you can actually get the last 10. If not everyone sends back right away you send out a new request that item falls behind the ones you've already sent out. That's just been my experience when I know there are 2 requests coming up. I only send what I need on the first request plus an extra one or 2. That way my requests don't get back logged. You only get 20 items back per day. Not 20 items per item you've sent out. Unless it's different for different players. Since adopting this way of doing things. I always have a day that my extra requests can fall into. It seems to what you've sent out first those come in if you send out a new requests and someone sends you an old request back first that's part of your 20 requests per day.
    Maybe I am wrong... but I've been playing for going on three years and I have NEVER run into this problem before. It also was not explained to me this way back when I started and questioned about requesting items bc I had run into the situation of having more than one goal with requests that appeared on the same day. I always sent requests to everyone as you never know who is on the game at any given time and an over flow of returns had not affected returns of other items - ever. I was told I could only make one request to each neighbor per day and only 20 of those items could be returned that day. Therefore, if I knew I needed to request more than one item I started splitting up the requests between the 2 or 3 items I needed, but if only one item was to be requested that day I still just sent requests to everyone. Maybe it's a case of poor wording in the explanation I received when I was told "only 20 of those items could be returned that day". Seems odd I wouldn't have run across this issue in the past if requested item returns can affect each other... I also don't understand why I would be told to be diligent and keep inviting new neighbors and sending requests if the possibility existed that I couldn't receive returns do to returns from other item requests. That is what the moderator told me to do and I have spent all day doing so.
    I've also never had my requests not appear to my neighbors! They are all sent at the same time, so how do they not appear? My daughter's account is an A name, so it would have been in the first 20 anyway.

If I misunderstood and am wrong on this, then the way this event is set-up is ridiculous! You can't open Chapter 10 till the last day, so you can easily be sabotaged by the earlier request with your hands tied! Many players do not know all this information is here on the forum, such as finding advance notice of upcoming goal requirements! Until recently I was unaware and only came to the forums if I needed clarification about something.. It wasn't until the Cherry Hive event that I found that people were posting future goals and resources required to meet the goals. My concept of forums were for chit chat and asking game play questions. Sort of defeats the point of a locked daily event if you know ahead of time what is to come! I mean I appreciated it, but never would have thought to come and look for that info. I don't know, but if this is true about old requests blocking the returns of new requests... it may just be that last straw to break this camel's back! It's stupid and very flawed in it's logic and conception.

For now, I broke down and purchased gems to use to skip goal - which is completely against my personal rules for game play. Skipping feels like a '*****', how do you feel any sort of accomplishment in that?! It's not for me, but that's just me. I have no problem spending $ to buy gems to purchase something as I know the game needs to make $ at times, but even then... I feel better when I've earned the gems and saved them up to get the item I desire.

I am very sorry if I was wrong in my post. I've truly believed differently throughout the years and have played under those beliefs (or mistaken beliefs as the case may be). I think I am done with events in CS, they take the enjoyment out of the game and leave me just wanting to delete it all together. I love trying to accomplish tasks and goals, but with all the glitches and the poor set-up causing problems, their events leave me feeling annoyed, frustrated, and disappointed - even when I successfully complete and win the 'prize'! A lot of effort to feel that way in the end.

HAGN everyone.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    @ CoachSuze - Many if not all of us appreciate where you're coming from in your posts. Thank you for sharing your experience and I'm really sorry I couldn't help you any further. This has been an eventful event! I've never had to force close my game so many times. I will provide feedback to S8 about the event when I close the thread and the issues with gifting will certainly be included. It sounds like you did everything you could do...

Agree, good explanation. I've copied your post into the Hub to post 5 for other players. Will make it look pretty later! Thanks!
    If this is all true...
    Why did you tell me, when I messaged you with my issue, to send requests out to ALL my neighbors and search out 'active' players to add and send requests to then? I had already done all that, but continued to actively do so for many more hours as I couldn't find any resolution and didn't want to give up. With the above explanation, clearly that could have been the cause of part of my problem and saved me hours of frustration. Your response to me completely defies this explanation of neighbor requests, so I really do not understand at all. (Still doesn't explain why my requests were not received by my neighbors either) The more I read, the more frustrated I feel with this game!

Host(ess)
    I am freaking out because I am on the first goal of chapter 10 where I need 5 signatures and I only have 4 hours left on the event but a lot of the neighbors that I have never respond to any of the requests that I send! I would use gems but it cost 80 gems to skip and I only have 52 gems left because I used some for other parts of the event. I need 5 active neighbors that can respond to my request now! Can anyone help me please?

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachSuze View Post
    If this is all true...
    Why did you tell me, when I messaged you with my issue, to send requests out to ALL my neighbors and search out 'active' players to add and send requests to then? I had already done all that, but continued to actively do so for many more hours as I couldn't find any resolution and didn't want to give up. With the above explanation, clearly that could have been the cause of part of my problem and saved me hours of frustration. Your response to me completely defies this explanation of neighbor requests, so I really do not understand at all. (Still doesn't explain why my requests were not received by my neighbors either) The more I read, the more frustrated I feel with this game!
    Because it can work... I can't explain why some games have so many problems and others don't. I don't work for S8, I can only give you my best judgment call in the situation. My understanding of how requesting works is that if you add new players you can send out requests to them. There are clearly other factors at work coding-wise that seem contradictory. I will confirm with S8 about gifting as it is the cause of enormous frustration with all of us. I apologise that I added to your frustration; I was only trying to help give you another avenue to try. At the time I responded to you, I had not read the myriad of posts between you and all of the other players who had also posted. I'm very sorry.

Fashion Designer
    Coachsuze, the request did not show up on your daughter's game because you have already received your 20 responses today. Once you receive 20 responses the requests vanish until the new S8 day starts. Then the overflow requests appear to your nbrs until you get 20 responses and then the vanish again. However, some of the requests do disappear entirely never to be seen again (this part I've never understood). I always get overflow responses the next day and often get requests that are several days or at times a week old even though I check several times a day. When the new S8 day starts your request will appear on your daughter's game until you get 20 replies. With the total number of requests you sent out, if I understand correctly, possibly 2x168, you will have responses for days to come.

@ CoachSuze - Many if not all of us appreciate where you're coming from in your posts. Thank you for sharing your experience and I'm really sorry I couldn't help you any further. This has been an eventful event! I've never had to force close my game so many times. I will provide feedback to S8 about the event when I close the thread and the issues with gifting will certainly be included. It sounds like you did everything you could do...
    Thank you... and I meant to say in my last reply post, to please understand that I appreciate you trying to help and responding to me... I'm just confused and very frustrated at this point. (and tired) Nothing negative towards you or anyone on this forum at all.

Very disappointing to learn I've been playing all this time under a misleading explanation of the limits I was given way back when I was still a newbie, and I've never had any indication until now that it was not operating the way I understood the explanation. This new explanation is non-nonsensical and is simply a big flaw in design as it adds nothing strategically and causes needless error in game play. IMHO