Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest: Mothers Day Event (May 2016)

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    You got 3000 flowers in 2 days??? How is that possible? Inquiring minds need to know. Although I dropped out a couple of days ago, I've been cooking non stop all weekend and have only added 3% at the 4000 step over two days
    I pretty much did what cathy suggests and was done in 5 days. There is strategy to this event, it's all in choosing the right dishes to do over and over. I'll be on 10k bouquets by the time this event finally finishes.
    RS2 (lvl 56) BS2 (lvl 38) CS (lvl 45)

FB for BS2 & RS2 quick serves = Belluriel Gaming

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    But that screen doesn't indicate if it gives gems, the gem recipes have that screen too. The gem indicator is at the menu when we select to cook. I'm still crawling to 6300 lol
    Definately no gems from this one

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Belluriel View Post
    I pretty much did what cathy suggests and was done in 5 days. There is strategy to this event, it's all in choosing the right dishes to do over and over. I'll be on 10k bouquets by the time this event finally finishes.
    I'm sorry Belluriel, please don't take this wrong but I'm having a seriously hard time believing this. Or at least wrapping my head around it. I cooked every day, all day and since I was level 55 for the first few days was getting outrageous drops like 70 bouquets per visit, plus got several wildflower drops before I leveled to the infamous level 56 black hole of punishment and I'm no where close to finishing. I have a hard time believing that the few differences in our strategies could possibly affect our outcome by thousands upon thousands and that's not taking into consideration all the huge drops and wildflowers I got in the beginning. Something doesn't add up.

Grand Emperor
    Thank you for the info.

I'm sorry Belluriel, please don't take this wrong but I'm having a seriously hard time believing this. Or at least wrapping my head around it. I cooked every day, all day and since I was level 55 for the first few days was getting outrageous drops like 70 bouquets per visit, plus got several wildflower drops before I leveled to the infamous level 56 black hole of punishment and I'm no where close to finishing. I have a hard time believing that the few differences in our strategies could possibly affect our outcome by thousands upon thousands and that's not taking into consideration all the huge drops and wildflowers I got in the beginning. Something doesn't add up.
    It hasn't been easy for me. Level 51 with 3 wildflowers since beginning of event and usually 10 to 50 bouquets (I cant remember if I had 75, maybe once or twice, idk). Cooking pizza bread and other short ingredient recipes like crazy.

Farm Supplier
    Honestly it's the only reason that adds up for me. I'm 55 not 56 so I do still get usually 10 or 25 bouquets per visit and I think about 3 wild flowers, none in days. I've hardly played since I finished so even with no drops I'd easily be finished by now.

Fashion Designer
    Just got 5 bouquets from Emma a level 56. First multiple since turning level 56.
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Banned
    Thank you for confirming. I'll drop this event since I'm only at 86% at step 4 and it's really getting tedious......

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by cathycathy1 View Post
    More like 2 1/2 days, as I counted Friday night. I have two of all of the basic appliances, so that helps. I spent most of the weekend stuck in the house because I was sick. So, because I was bored silly I was checking at least every 20-30 minutes. Ordinarily, it wouldn't have happened because I have things to accomplish in the real world, but this weekend it gave me something to do between restless sleep sessions.

But.... I gardened to get basil, threw out every garlic. I did spend some gems refreshing flour so I was able to make tons of those margarhita pizzas (flour, cheese, tomato, basil) for 2 flowers @. I also now have 26 vanillas - lol. Pizza bread (tomato, cheese, bread) could be made non-stop every 6 minutes if you are inclined, and I made tons of those for 2 flowers @. My general store capacity is 5, butcher is 6, and veggies are 6. Fish and fruit are 4 each. This meant 2 Cobb salads (chicken, lettuce, eggs) could be made every 20 minutes for 5 flowers @. I made 2 fondues every 1/2 hour (cream, cheese, bread) for 2 flower @. Every time I got sugar I made sugar cookies, which took 4 minutes for 2 flowers @. I made 1 hot dog (beef, bread) everytime I checked the game for 2 flours @. I bought every single flour, sugar, and cream that became available at the market so I could make more fondues, sugar cookies, and margarhita pizzas. I bought every chicken and beef so I could make Cobb salads and hotdogs. And, then all the other additional, harder to make items using other appliances. Once I figured out how to max my cooking items in the least amount of time I was getting anywhere between 100-200 flowers an hour.

Yeah, it's ridiculous and sucked the joy out of the game. I'll be taking a vacation from the game to refresh myself.
    Sounds possible, but totally draining! I'm not surprised you need a vacation now.

For those who still aren't convinced, I thought I'd crunch some numbers... (OK, I confess, I enjoy doing the maths)

Let's say you babysat the game intensely for 4 hrs Friday evening and 12 hrs each on Saturday and Sunday. That's 28 hrs of playing over the whole weekend.

Margherita pizza: limiting factor is flour = 10 cooks/hr = 20 bouquets/hr = 560 bouquets over the whole weekend
    Pizza bread: limiting factor is time at 6 mins = 10 cooks/hr = 20 bouquets/hr = 560 bouquets over the whole weekend
    Cobb Salad: limiting factor is chicken = 6 cooks/hr = 30 bouquets/hr = 840 bouquets over the whole weekend
    Fondue: limiting factor is time = 4 cooks/hr = 8 bouquets/hr = 224 bouquets over the whole weekend
    Sugar cookies: limiting factor is sugar (and flour as used in pizza) = 5 cooks/2hr = 10 bouquets/2hr = 140 bouquets over the whole weekend
    Hot dogs: limiting factor is beef = 6 cooks/2hr = 12 bouquets/2hr = 168 bouquets over the whole weekend

From those 6 recipes: 560+560+840+224+140+168 = 2492 bouquets

Once you factor in all the other appliances, orange juice, BLT etc 3000 bouquets in a weekend is perfectly feasible if you cook constantly and strategically.

Of course, this is meant to be a game and therefore fun. Playing like this is NOT remotely enjoyable, so I hope our feedback is taken into account if we have similar events in future.

New Resident
    In addition since I have be*** this quest when I am out of the game I have not seen the screen that say's while you were away you earned xxxx amount of dollars. Also I have not cleared one counter without the use of quick serves or throwing food away. In normal play I usually have a hard time keeping my counters full.

Although I have 9,686,131 coins and have nothing to spend them on I just throw the food away so I can keep cooking over and over and over........ again!!!!! In moving forward I hope that Storm 8 could explain the event so everyone can decide before starting if they really want to do it or have time to. Not everyone can stay glued to their devices. In short they could say this event is achievable if you have nothing else to do for the next ??????? days!
    Last edited by win1969; 05-17-16 at 06:34 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by win1969 View Post
    Just a note on my experience with this Mother's Day Event. I have to admit I did not notice this until I was on stage 4 of Emma's Best Mother's day 6/6. Under current progress when I leveled from step 4 to 5 where it states the percentage I was immediately at 47%. Then when I moved to step 5 it put me at 57%. I am now at 96% with about 252 bouquets to go. Initially I was in agreement with others that have stated before that the game appears to be unbalanced. I am at level 60 and have 101,929 blue stars towards my 999,758,619. So let's just say I have been here for a while. I hope there is an update soon.
    Considering this recent observation I was wondering if the credit percentage was Storm 8's way of balancing it out for higher level players. Since I have not seen in comments posted about this was this a fluke or has no one else noticed. I have been playing this game for almost three years and had not noticed previous quest progressing this way.
    Although I am almost finish and with the advantage of ( mentioned above) as others have mentioned I have been cooking non-stop. I had high hopes for this event as most others stated it was a nice change from a cruise. Let's just say I would rather have a cruise back to back over this. No use for the flower cart what a waste.

In addition since I have be*** this quest when I am out of the game I have not seen the screen that say's while you were away you earned xxxx amount of dollars. Also I have not cleared one counter without the use of quick serves or throwing food away. In normal play I usually have a hard time keeping my counters full. Although I have 9,686,131 coins and have nothing to spend them on I just throw the food away so I can keep cooking over and over and over........ again!!!!! In moving forward I hope that Storm 8 could explain the event so everyone can decide before starting if they really want to do it or have time to. Not everyone can stay glued to their devices. In short they could say this event is achievable if you have nothing else to do for the next ??????? days!
    It might have been clearer if the flowers went away each time and they asked for 1000 flowers for step 5 and 1300 flowers for step 6.
    Last edited by cathycathy1; 05-16-16 at 10:49 AM.