Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest: Mothers Day Event (May 2016)

3500 bouquets so far. Not sure if I'll get to the end, but because of this quest, I now know I can just trash recipes off the counters instead of using gems.

Hi everybody! My name is Kathy nice to meet you all! I been reading all these post and I am level 35 so this may not apply, but I have noticed if I wait a minute in a half to two minutes she gives me more flowers like a 100 to 50. As supposed if I click on her right away she only gives me 5, 10 or 20. I learned this when I wanted better drops from Cid. Maybe wating a bit longer and she might give you a little bit more flowers for you higher levels as well. I hope this might help.

Quote Originally Posted by ghjvcucjb View Post
    THIS!

my problem was that when I started the event I was a level 55 and was receiving 25-70 bouquets per Emma visit and 2 wildflower drops. Then I leveled up to level 56 and bouquets dropped to 1 per Emma visit and zero wildflowers. When I started the event (like all events) I take a day or two to judge the amount of time and effort I will need to invest for me to possibly finish. Sometime I miss judge, especially with random drops and not finish but that's life. With this event, going off the info I got the first few days I decided I could accomplish this event with a reasonable amount of energy and effort so I dove in. I was not told the rules were going to change mid way. If I had known that, I probably would have sat this one out. I would've known, that for me and me only, I would not be able to finish this with 1 drop per visit and zero wildflowers to craft.

I too Love the cruises. They bring gem recipes! And adorable characters to the restaurant. My only cruise regret was missing out on the Hawaiian girl, which was my first cruise and due to vacation wasn't able to start until there were only 3 days left which was impossible. I wish they would let us try to get missed characters at some point. They could do an anniversary event cruise and at the end you could choose which character you could win. That way everyone could have the one they wanted!
    Love both of these comments. I really enjoy the cruises and relish a new challenge but I'm annoyed at the unfair divide regarding experienced players and the ridiculous amount of hours required to complete the challenge.

The drop rate for all players should be the same. I was at level 55 when I started but the drop rate was the same (one per visit and no wild flowers) when I hit 56. So no changes for me on that front. Not sure why, as leveling up seems to have dramatically affected the drop rates for others.

I think S8 need to remember that most of us play to unwind and creating tasks that replicate the tedium of real life is a sure way to reduce their player numbers.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nephthys82 View Post
    Ok, maths time....

Total for mastery & total cooking time

Eggs in a Hole: 120 = 120 hrs
    Mango Parfait: 95 = 95 hrs
    Baked French Toast: 60 = 120 hrs + 120 hrs
    Egg Tart: 60 = 120 hrs + 120 hrs

Commercial range = 455 hrs
    Diner oven = 240 hrs

So if you have 2 commercial ranges you would need to spend on average 16.25 hrs cooking the new recipes every day for 14 days to master them.
    If you have 3 appliances that goes down to about 11 hrs per appliance per day.
    The diner oven is slightly less stressful at about 8.5hrs cooking per oven per day, but you need to have made the custard first.

If you want those wall plaques (and I do) it's gonna be tough.
    Yea...this event has been extremely frustrating. I'm level 60 with 627 stars -- and I fully intended to finish and obtain the stars from the limited recipes. I had no idea until just now that the drops from Emma were skewed for lower levels so many are already finished, or were able to finish with minimum effort. Wth S8?

Only around 5 days left, and I'm at 70%/6000 flowers and only 1 recipe mastered out of the 4. I've been fortunate to have time to play an inordinate amount to get this far, which means normally it would be comletely unreasonable without spending a lot of stockpiled gems and quick serves. At this rate I'll still need to spend some for the limited recipes, which just seems ridiculous with the amount of played time that has gone into this event.

Disappointed to say the least. Please take higher level feedback into consideration for the next event as this one has been a painful struggle.

Rhino Keeper
    Anyone else notice they put the flowers back on sale. $2.99 for 250 flowers. Down from $4.99.

Maybe they are just testing to see how many people will buy for events when they make them impossibly for higher level players. Combine that with desperation to complete and they figure they will sell more. That's my theory at least.

I have literally wasted all of my stocked pile food from my maxed out pantry.

If I don't finish from cooking all day long I will never spend money on this game again.

They purposely make these events difficult more and more. Not fun at all.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by littledarc3 View Post
    Anyone else notice they put the flowers back on sale. $2.99 for 250 flowers. Down from $4.99.

Maybe they are just testing to see how many people will buy for events when they make them impossibly for higher level players. Combine that with desperation to complete and they figure they will sell more. That's my theory at least.
    I think you might be on to something here. I have seen this in several of their games, make it easier on the lower levels to get them hooked and vested, harder on the higher ones, so they will pay to stay successful.
    At 4842 (lvl 56) and not buying flowers. If I get the recipe, fine, if I don't, NOT fine, but I'll live.
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Hi all,

Yesterday my counters were full and I used up all my helping hands to clear them. It was a set back in the cooking frenzy to earn bouquets.

Thank you, thank you thread for the garbage can suggestion. I had never noticed it before!!

I'm level 46. I'm at 4357 bouquets with 6 days to go.

This quest was fun at the beginning. I was sure that at some point we would be asked to master the new recipes so I had those going all the time. I'm surprised we don't.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by littledarc3 View Post
    56-60 means you have all the stoves and can cook all day. Geez. Didn't you know?

I've seen a lot of quests cater to higher levels because it requires the fryer, so I'm not surprised to see something cater to under 56 but this is nearly impossible for anyone to complete who is 56+ without using gems. Plus the reward isn't worth it for 56+ to even do. Reward is not worth it for less than level 56 players too, but even less so considering the effort.

It's okay though! I'm sensing an awesome cruise to make up for it in the works!
    I am on level 56, never have wild flower drop from Emma too. Just one bouquet every visit.
    I notice from 20 appliances I have which rewarded flowers - average I got 80 bouquets every batch of full cooking.

I can not glue on my ipad all day, so I just visit every 1.5 - 2 hours for full cooking.
    Don't hurry refill the empty counter - let them empty, because if all counter full, you slower the emptying rate.
    Every time I revisit, my counter almost all empty. So I can serve all food from my stoves, collect flowers, refill my pantry, cook again on all appliances, and left.

Every day just need about 6-7 batch full cooking, and every day can add about 480 - 560 bouquet. Mixup with 3 wild flowers I got from side quest which give 300 flowers - total just need (6300 - 300) / 480 = 12,5 days.

Now I am on 4543 with 6 days left, I think I can finish it. I did not used any gems or helping hand.
    Don't need to hurry - just make steady pace. Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by monaasn View Post
    I am on level 56, never have wild flower drop from Emma too. Just one bouquet every visit.
    I notice from 20 appliances I have which rewarded flowers - average I got 80 bouquets every batch of full cooking.
    no, it's impossible to get 80 bouquets from 20 appliances, because:

commercial range x2
    Diner Oven x2
    Pizza Oven
    Celebration Oven
    Japanese Food Cart
    Campfire Stove
    Taco Station
    Julibee Oven

All these appliances only give you 2 bouquets at a time.
    not to mention you need to make Custard for 2 hrs with no bouquet in order to do the dishes on diner oven first.