Thread: Frequency of events

New Resident

Unhappy Frequency of events

Lately it seems I can barely take a deep breath before another event of some kind comes along. Between that, and the fact that as someone over level 100 I always get the hardest goals for the Dragon Tales events, it makes it harder and harder to convince myself to keep playing.

In particular, with leaderboard events you have to spend gold in order to have even the slightest chance of reaching the end prize. I reached a point where I not only refused to spend money to buy premium currencies, I also refused to spend the ones I earned through events or quests on them either.

Right now, we haven't had that many leaderboard events. I am sincerely hoping that they will soon stop having them, but I don't hold out much hope for that. Leaderboard events encourage people to spend money to buy the awards and ranking. Storm8 wants people to spend money.

I just can't bring myself to participate in any event geared towards normal players not being able to have a chance of reaching any prize, let alone place on a leaderboard. Any points I get in this event will be incidental. I have no plans to participate in it, and too many such events will probably cause me to stop playing entirely.

I don't know if I am the only one who feels this way, or if I am just the only one currently willing to speak out. I just know that more and more, I am seeing things I dislike extremely in this game.

Rowan.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 05-04-16 at 10:24 AM. Reason: removed third party game comment

Rhino Keeper
    There are different types of people who play the game.... How I see it is some will spend money so the game can be developed and be kept going, and you do not need to do all events if you think there are too many for you, there will be some people who do like lots of events and are prepared to spend money for the "premium" items .... I am going to be breeding, evolving to get the milestone dragons and habitat and not worried about "the mama" --- maybe at some stage she will be available through a mini tournament.
    Feel free to add me as a neighbour

Rhino Keeper
    I like the events, it's boring without them....

Rhino Keeper
    As is posted by many on the Leaderboard thread, it's obvious looking at the exorbitant amount of points some have, they'll spend whatever amount to win! It's one way addicted gamblers are & S8 is empowering them & making more than on other events! I love the events but they are non-stop!!! With all the Limited Time dragons that are wanted by all & often very difficult to breed, it's becoming VERY challenging to keep up. In the 10 months that I've been playing DS, everything has increased, except an easier & faster way to expand land, open up land mining for all closed out, & too many are habitat limited & have no place to put all the new dragons! S8, the most effective way you can avoid losing many of the customers who started playing when game began would be to remove habitat limit & provide land so all can continue playing DS♡♡♡ AND provide equality for Android & Kindle players that iOS plyrs had from Day 1. Thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by xenu8 View Post
    I like the events, it's boring without them....
    You just started playing & don't have dragons in a stable or eggs taking over your storage that you can't find time to hatch & evolve them or have any place to put them to enjoy them. I'm not being rude but you'd understand why events are too frequent & having so many limited time dragons weekly if you had been actively playing longer. Welcome to all of the newbies & have fun as it's just a game ♡♡

I personally enjoy the frequency of events. It definitely keeps the game interesting. Thanks S8!
    Burnt out? Don't participate. It is just a game.

Nightclub Owner
    Well, I'm a little torn in between the events. Because right now they're continuous, but without them the game would seem a little boring.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    I quickly learned to pick and choose which events I want to participate in. The past few Tales offered dragons that I had no interest in so I only played until I reached my personal limit (feeding requirements to level up low paying and weak dragons ) then it's just back to regular play ☺.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ladymakay View Post
    I quickly learned to pick and choose which events I want to participate in. The past few Tales offered dragons that I had no interest in so I only played until I reached my personal limit (feeding requirements to level up low paying and weak dragons ) then it's just back to regular play ☺.
    That's what I do as well, I'm no longer as eager to finish them as I did in the past, knowing more will be on the way, with many new dragons. It's pretty much impossible to catch up
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)