Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon: Motherly Love LeaderBoard Event May 3 2016

Farm Supplier
    I started DS only to earn gems for Restaurant Story 2, and I planned to abandon it after leveling up to meet the RS2 goal. I liked the game but was finding it hard to acquire coins, food, and maps to advance. Then the Skylord leaderboard event happened. Without even paying attention to the competition, I placed 6th and earned enough to keep me going while I figured out the DS game play. I wouldn't be playing the game now if it weren't for that leaderboard event.

This time around, I'll be happy to place high enough to get some coins and food (especially food!) but the habitat and 1st dragon milestone make a nice bonus. I figure there will be other events with other special dragons in the future. I'm more in need of expansion space and habitats so I can hatch the dragon eggs I have in storage from the last couple of events.

With about an hour left in the event, my group's scores range from 2326 to 1151, with the top 7 players all within 100 points of each other. A lucky wheel spin is enough to jump you two or three places in the ranking. The top 10 players have been leapfrogging each other the whole event. I don't think anybody is using gold, although I wouldn't blame anybody that saved up gold for a last-minute boost at the end. It has been a good event for me.

Fashion Designer
    The top 4 on my main account are going crazy with the boosts. This can't end well...and in my smaller account, someone is trying to take my spot in the ending minutes boosting and hatching egg after egg.... Hmm...ok, then. This is so much fun!

Watching Supernatural but have no popcorn
    Last edited by debrasbistro; 05-10-16 at 09:30 AM.
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. - Morpheus

Island: Infinity

Fashion Designer
    Top 3 on mine are boosting, #3 spent quite a bit to get to #3 lol, not sure I understand why though. That bronze trophy is meaningless and I hope I never get another one ..I'm happy being @ #9, everyone on my leaderboard got at least Duchess although a couple were boosting this morning to get there.

Sitting back and watching the show

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 06hunter View Post
    I am one of those dreaded DS Players who actually spends real money on this game, & the reason I do so is because DS is one of my favorite games & I want to support the developers of the game. Making Internet games for us to play is not easy nor is it cheap & to keep game players happy TL/S8 needs to change things up a little bit. I for one don't mind the Leaderboard. Other than the difference between Android vs IOS & Arctic Isle, I don't find anything unfair about it. We are all given the choice to buy 2 Dens, 3 Nests, the Diamond Temple, 3 Dragon Age Statues & 2 boosts.we are all given the choice to spend real money or not & the info on the game says that it is all about Breeding, Hatching, & Evolving. Not having as much money as someone else so everyone can have the same things as everyone else does not make the game unfair. There is always going to be someone who has more money than someone else & believe me I am not a Kim Kardashian but DS is where I like to spend my money. Some people think it's stupid to spend real money on little Digital Dragons but when you think about it they're the perfect things to collect. They don't take up space & collect dust. I don't have to clean & dust them once-a-week & I can't be accused of being a hoarder. So I would much rather have hundreds of little Digital Dragons floating around the cloud in my iPad than sitting on a shelf cluttering up the place. Let's all just play the game the way that will make ourselves happy & let others do the same. Don't concern yourselves with how much money others are spending. They're going to spend it anyways whether anyone likes it or not & by getting upset about it you're only hurting yourself. If you win MaMa then congratulations & if you don't then congratulations anyways because you most likely got something worthwhile that you like. You all have fun.
    But at least with things that are tangible, they can always be there..someday , this game will be gone and you may as well have thrown your money out the window..you are entitled to your opinion and how you choose to play

Not that much of an advantage. It takes 4 hours to breed and unless you have a diamond dragon they are all pretty common. I have IOS and am still 30,000 points behind #1. I am not a poor sport but I do think it is unfair for those spending cash to compete with those playing for the love of the game. I guess some folks just need the W on their side rather than playing the game for the fun. Congratulations to all those that bought their win, It should be rewarding for you.

Rhino Keeper
    Anyone know what happens if you tie? I'm currently tied for 2nd and hope we both get mama.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by cdreams1980 View Post
    Anyone know what happens if you tie? I'm currently tied for 2nd and hope we both get mama.
    Does your rank say you're second with the other player, or is there first and (2) third places?

Rhino Keeper
    First, two seconds, and then fourth. Or there was until the player I was tied with boosted. 😠

Executive Chef
    I already had the breeding roost but did not spend the 50 gold to activate it during this event.

I did some math this morning and saw that I was going to be about 60 points short for the last milestone dragon, which made me spend 7 gold for a boost. I also sped the things on my nests and in the evolution temples since most were due to come out within 5 minutes of the posted event ending time, which was too close for comfort! So long story short I spent 15 gold total for the event and have my Mother dragon with about 20 minutes left.

I wouldn't use a boost to raise my rank, but being so close to the last dragon made me do it.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Banned
    I have the 3rd to 5th players all on 2x boost at 9000 or so trying to catch #2 at 11000ish. Awesome!