Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon: Motherly Love LeaderBoard Event May 3 2016

Executive Chef
    I made it to mother. The Arctic isles really help to rack in points.

Welp, I hit the final milestone today and am done with this event. I spent a little gold on boosts and speed-breeding, but no more than my income (7 gold-producing dragons plus daily gifts). I had what looked like a good competitive group at first, almost half the board was clustered within a couple hundred points of each other. Then woke up one morning and one guy was at 9000+ while the rest of the pack was still around 3000. I was still willing to compete for second place, but then the next day woke up and someone else was around 7000, and I was done thinking about anything but milestones. I don't like these competitive events in the first place and am not going to reward S8 for running them by going on a gold rush. I took first place in my group during the Skylord event with the same philosophy, spending a modest amount of gold and shooting for milestones, too bad it wasn't like that this time.

I think the core problem from a player's perspective is this: 100% of the people who participate in the event would like to earn the "prize" dragon (obviously some want it more than others, but let's be honest, we all want it). When only 10% of the participants can win the "prize" that means that 90% of players walk away from this event disappointed and, to varying extents, feeling negatively towards the game and its developers. That just doesn't seem like smart business to me. As the poll posted prior to the event showed pretty clearly, the playerbase is heavily against these types of events. And while I understand that the work for this event had already been done and that poll wasn't going to change anything, I hope that going forward S8 listens to the feedback of players and looks for different ways to add fun to this game instead. I'm glad they tried something new with these leaderboards, but not every new idea is going to work out, and it's good to be able to recognize when something isn't working and should be scrapped in favor of the next new idea. Thanks for listening!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ahomeforme View Post
    I now have 22 resilient roses. Including the ones we are required to craft before this event.

I now have 33 resilient roses, makes you wonder how can I never land on gold and only once on food but I get those darn roses time after time.

I keep telling myself the torture will end soon.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahBabyBabylonian View Post
    Welp, I hit the final milestone today and am done with this event. I spent a little gold on boosts and speed-breeding, but no more than my income (7 gold-producing dragons plus daily gifts). I had what looked like a good competitive group at first, almost half the board was clustered within a couple hundred points of each other. Then woke up one morning and one guy was at 9000+ while the rest of the pack was still around 3000. I was still willing to compete for second place, but then the next day woke up and someone else was around 7000, and I was done thinking about anything but milestones. I don't like these competitive events in the first place and am not going to reward S8 for running them by going on a gold rush. I took first place in my group during the Skylord event with the same philosophy, spending a modest amount of gold and shooting for milestones, too bad it wasn't like that this time.

I think the core problem from a player's perspective is this: 100% of the people who participate in the event would like to earn the "prize" dragon (obviously some want it more than others, but let's be honest, we all want it). When only 10% of the participants can win the "prize" that means that 90% of players walk away from this event disappointed and, to varying extents, feeling negatively towards the game and its developers. That just doesn't seem like smart business to me. As the poll posted prior to the event showed pretty clearly, the playerbase is heavily against these types of events. And while I understand that the work for this event had already been done and that poll wasn't going to change anything, I hope that going forward S8 listens to the feedback of players and looks for different ways to add fun to this game instead. I'm glad they tried something new with these leaderboards, but not every new idea is going to work out, and it's good to be able to recognize when something isn't working and should be scrapped in favor of the next new idea. Thanks for listening!
    I don't think it matters that a larger percentage of players voted against the Leaderboard Event, it's the small percentage of players who spend hundreds of dollars during these types of events that matter, that's who S8 makes their money from, so as long as there's players more than willing to pay for 1st place, this event isn't going anywhere. It's not too much different than the DTs , if you're willing to pay, you can have the Grand Prize dragon in your nest within hours of starting, never having to complete a quest. Flip side, many players reach a certain point when the task is impossible to complete without using gold to either skip or accelerate , only to realize the next task is just as tedious. Only difference between the two is the Leaderboard allows players to KNOW they're not going to win, DTs are blind hope!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Megacharchar View Post
    Hi there!!
    I've been playing DS and looking to this forum for about 6 months or so but I have never posted. I thought it was time to say hello and join in. I love the conversations on this board and I was beginning to feel like a lurker!! This is a great community and I'm glad to be part of it.
    AND.... In keeping with the topic of this thread.... I finally got the habitat reward. I hope they start offering habitats more often. I'm hoping I'll be able to get Snowflake too but we will see. Leaderboard is a strange event.... I'd rather do Tales. My group is a competitive bunch!
    Anyway.... Glad to be here. OH~~my Storm ID is Megacharchar.
    Welcome to the jungle Megacharchar (love that name!!) We're a pretty fun bunch around here so looking forward to getting your take on things. Congrats on your progress in this event
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Banned
    Got the final milestone in all accounts and I am no where close to the ones chasing all the leaders. I am done. I liked getting a habitat.

Fashion Designer
    I certainly don't need any more resilient roses! 😂😂😂 my group is so competitive that #13 is boosting for what I believe is to get in the top 12. And, he's boosted multiple times so with that more than 100 gold spent, he could have purchased the apples he's trying to get. Also, I think he only has one nest so boosting doesn't help him much. spend that 100 gold on a nest!

It was a fun event to watch from the sidelines and also get some milestone rewards. I always love rewards!

Executive Chef
    I'm sad. I've landed on the roses only a couple times, when really that's all I wanted.

Fashion Designer
    Belarica I would happily give you some of mine I've only landed on them a couple times this time. I had 16 total.

WinterAlice24 I totally feel for you! Forest dragons!! I've done this before but only lost 12 gold although I've accidentally sped up the 30 second food!!

Megacharchar Welcome! this is really a great community!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by belarica View Post
    I made it to mother. The Arctic isles really help to rack in points.
    I totally agree. I only unlocked Artic Isles 4hrs into the event and the diference in points from Skylord to present leaderboard is huge. It made milestones so much easier to get!