Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon: Motherly Love LeaderBoard Event May 3 2016

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kobidragon4 View Post
    Try 21,000, 16,000, 11,000
    That's just like mine, I am sorry...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    Got Duchess! Yay! I'm very happy with my prizes. The way I see it, the players winning their boards with huge amounts of points make it possible for the rest of us to get our freebies.

The only gold I spent was to occasinally speed the nest or breeding den one or two hours when I went to sleep or to work to avoid them being idle all night or a large part of the day. So just normal playing.

I was lucky with the wheel though, so that helped with the points.
    That's exactly how I see it

I have 2 games and my leaderboards are:- 5139...5117...4950...4848...4819 (me)...4266...4138
    And 4162 (me) ...3409...3383...3314...2728....2532

I have spent the odd gold on a speed up along the way but no boosts or extra spending as I'm saving up for missing gold dragons on both my games. I will be happy to have all the milestone dragons and the habitat
    Feel free to add me as a neighbour

Farm Supplier
    The Arctic Isles is a big help, but I blew through 5m coins growing food. Partly because I wanted to raise my existing dragons to epic rather than evolving the new ones I'm hatching.

I did finally get Ice Crown. Now I only need one more diamond type dragon in the Arctic Isles.

Edit: and with 3900+ points I'm still only in 10th, and hoping to stay in 12th or above by the end.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennerwein1 View Post
    4397! Oh the torture. Next spin will surely be tiles :P
    Yep! Tiles! But then breeding AI finished. So now have Mother.
    Stopped playing DS because of LB.

Rhino Keeper
    Yikes!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Niire View Post
    That's just like mine, I am sorry...
    Mine too.

Farm Supplier
    After some thought, I've concluded that I don't mind the leaderboards. What I do mind is if they're done for a holiday that has special meaning for a lot of people. Those types of dragons shouldn't be part of an event that pits players against each other. Holidays should be enjoyed by everyone, and with the leaderboard, if you don't come out on top, you don't get the prize. It's true that not everyone gets the dragon that's only breedable for a limited time, or the dragon that was only available on the wheel, or the dragon that was at the end of a tales story, or the dragon that was an individual goal that wasn't quite reached in a world event. However, like the milestone goals, you could boost yourself in order to secure the prize of you wanted it badly enough, and if you didn't, it was due to a lack of effort on your own part. While you could technically do that for the leaderboard prize, the difference is that it's not a set goal. You're not just battling the odds of the system; you're battling the play style and drive of other players. To me, that's not how any holiday dragons should be released. For any other really cool dragons with unique combinations or rarities that don't hold any significance other than bragging rights, like Skylord, sure. I deeply regret the time, gold, and money that I wasted on this event. Never again.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day despite the lack of thought that went into this event. I myself enjoyed a beautiful day at Disneyland with my family, and I felt I was treated like a queen.

ETA: I came in second during the Skylord leaderboard, but I wasn't grouped with any crazy boosters, and I've been in 3rd for the last few days of the current leaderboard, hoping I could secure second again. I've given up now, as the leaders have boosted their way up to 2k above me with less than 24 hours to go. I enjoyed the first leaderboard, but I would give up my Skylord as I would rather have Mama because she actually means something to me as a mother. That's the difference I'm trying to point out and hope S8 will consider if they choose to pursue the leaderboards further. Also, as far as I know, you can't even buy the leaderboard prize at the end of the event, like you can with the Dragon Tales. I would have bought and saved my gold if that were possible.
    Last edited by amuletmoon; 05-09-16 at 04:20 PM.

I finally reached the last milestone and got the mother dragon. I'm happy with the prizes, even though I already had 2 wildflower spring habitats and snowfall dragon in storage that I won from the spin wheel. I am currently in 3rd place but I WILL NOT continue since 1st and 2nd place are battling each other for the top spot ,where one have 4 nests and roost activated and the other one boosting constantly. I'm really not interested in receiving a worthless trophy, so 4th place can fight for that.

Duchess and Mother are new dragons for me and I couldn't be more happy to get them!!!

Executive Chef
    Ooo, got a Polar Dragon on my Arctic isles just now. I've ignored it for so long that I'm glad the leaderboard gave me an excuse to go there. I'm at 3697 and still doubt I will get to to the last milestone. But I bred 2 new Arctic dragons and won a habitat and 2 new dragons, so all in all this was a good event for me.

I'm glad to see that a lot of people who dislike this event type on principle have managed to find some good in it through aiming at milestones. That's how I choose to look at it and not compete with anyone else.
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by tuffyjkitten View Post
    Ooo, got a Polar Dragon on my Arctic isles just now. I've ignored it for so long that I'm glad the leaderboard gave me an excuse to go there. I'm at 3697 and still doubt I will get to to the last milestone. But I bred 2 new Arctic dragons and won a habitat and 2 new dragons, so all in all this was a good event for me.

I'm glad to see that a lot of people who dislike this event type on principle have managed to find some good in it through aiming at milestones. That's how I choose to look at it and not compete with anyone else.
    Exactly! Now, i do have to say, they need to lower the amount of points needed for milestones IMO, make it like world events, where it's attainable if you plug away so you don't have to spend any gold to get the final prize.