Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon: Motherly Love LeaderBoard Event May 3 2016

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chloesisland View Post
    The top two players within my group are both in excess of 50,000 points.
    That's insanity. Sorry. At that point why? Is the trophy worth hundreds? Why battle for one and two? Unless there's a 3rd pushing it up that really feels like over****. Maybe I'm missing something. Well you got me beat. Enjoy the show.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker2 View Post
    It doesn't have to be rigged. You just spend gold on speed hatching eggs from the market.

For example, if you buy 241 water eggs and speed hatch them, you get 8,676 points for hatching them.

Total cost:
    241 x 10,000 coins = 2,410,000 coins
    241 x 12 gold for hatching = 2,892 gold
    241 x 20 seconds to buy each egg and speed hatch it = 1 hour 20 minutes 20 seconds total (if done nonstop)
    Cost of 2900 gold at 30% off = US $69.99

Note that this requires only one nest and would have the effect of looking like the nest is empty most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by DsDan12 View Post
    That maths I can believe, but please explain how someone can go from about 1200 points to over 20000 in two hours?? I don't see how that is possible without spending obscene amounts of real world money!
    Taking the same example to 2 hours and using the 2x, 2 hour boost:
    2 hours allows time for 360 water eggs at 20 seconds each for buying, speed hatching, and selling off the nest

Total cost:
    360 x 10,000 coins = 3,600,000 coins

360 x 12 gold each for speed hatching = 4,320 gold
    30 gold for 2x, 2 hour boost
    Total gold spent: 4,350

Cost of 2900 gold at 30% off = US $69.99
    Cost of 1400 gold at 30% off = US $34.99
    Cost of 120 gold at 20% off = US $3.99
    Total cost of gold = US $108.97

Remaining gold: 70

Base points for hatching 360 water eggs = 12,960

Points for hatching 360 water eggs with 2x boost = 25,920

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    I don't mind that players using real money to obtain the final prize BUT I think that all players should receive Mothers Day dragon for partaking and who comes 1st on Leaderboard gets a Gold Cup, 2nd a Silver cup, 3rd a Bronze cup and the rest of the players get ribbons. Then everybody should be happy to participate in this event except I suppose Storm8 as they would lose out on their $$$$$$$.
    Yes! Just 2 out of 20 players get the ultimate MAMA dragon! That is only 10% per grouping with plenty of gold spendings over 7 days!

Agree that the trophy win of gold, silver and bronze would be fair prizes to acknowledge their lead and participation in this event.

The MAMA should be a milestone that we can all be eligible to get if we reached a certain number of credits!

// Totally dislike it when I got roped in this event which I do not want to know and see!

// Could TL/S8 do a opt out option to all players before the start of event? ★ TY! ★
    Last edited by seisurreal; 05-04-16 at 09:03 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by seisurreal View Post
    Yes! Just 2 out of 20 players get the MAMA dragon as prize! That is only 10% per grouping with plenty of gold spendings over 7 days!

Agree that the trophy win of gold, silver and bronze would be fair prizes to acknowledge their participation.

The MAMA should be a milestone that we can all be eligible to get if we reached a certain number of credits!

// Could TL/S8 do a opt out option to all players before the start of event? ★

// Totally dislike it when I got roped in to be in this event which I do not want to know and see!

// Please have the next event improved, TY! ★
    Yep. A tiny trophy prize is definitely not worth the effort and gold spending - versus a limited, exclusive dragon that only 2 people per group get to win. If it was changed as you suggest, it would definitely cut down on the gold players use. Probably not in S8's goals for the event lol

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by blackeneddove View Post
    Yep. A tiny trophy prize is definitely not worth the effort and gold spending - versus a limited, exclusive dragon that only 2 people per group get to win. If it was changed as you suggest, it would definitely cut down on the gold players use. Probably not in S8's goals for the event lol
    S8 would need to know that player support and substantially is far better in the long run than the short term gold gains earned in this event!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jjblueyes View Post
    Leader in my group is near 19000. Started out with hardly anything this morning.
    Oh GEESSS, I`m not buying into this. I will carry on with the my game as usual. I do buy gold once in a while and sometimes buy the limited time package. But this trying to out do one another is not my thing.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chloesisland View Post
    The top two players within my group are both in excess of 50,000 points.
    Same for my group. The top person is at 65,000 now. We are not even 1.5 days into this event; where will it end? On the upside, since I have no chance at the Mama dragon, I have little stress about this event. Does that mean this leaderboard event is inadvertently improved over the last one?
    Dragon Story level 200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy Forest Story level 200
    622 unique dragons hatched . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 342 unique animals hatched
    428 dragons at level 10 or higher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 154 animals at level 15

Quote Originally Posted by mimbiville2 View Post
    The top two in my group are already up to 7642 and 3210 points, so at least I know from early on that I have no chance of winning in my group.

I have not had good luck breeding for Duchess, so she is my goal for the event.
    Update, the same top two in my group are now up to 11,204 and 5,162, with the third place player at 1,984. The top player currently has the 2x boost and the extra breeding area activated. Certainly not as crazy as people who have over 50,000 points that others have posted about.

I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to get the top prize, but I'm used to disappointment in TL games. I am thankful for the free habitat and other dragons that I will be getting, and will use this week to grow food for the next storybook adventure.
    Last edited by mimbiville2; 05-04-16 at 11:24 PM.

My group is either broke, wants to play fair, or biding their time with gold spending till the end. First place has 700 points and I'm in third with 600

Rhino Keeper
    Leader?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	842.1 KB 
ID:	30678
    PleThailand