Quote Originally Posted by xiq24 View Post
Hello,
I have been trying to fulfill the requests of the Elven Outpost lately, looking for some gold runes. But unfortunately with no luck so far.
Would you know what kind of requested items are likely to provide some gold runes? It is random or any specific items will automatically trigger gold runes in return?
I have searched everywhere the forum archives about this but haven't found anything.
Many thanks!
Yep, just like GiselleX16 said (although I can't get the link in her post to work), it is totally random and rare. There are no specific items that will trigger a Gold Rune drop. Items that are very rare in the game and valuable to us as players are, unfortunately, not more likely to give Gold Runes than common items, like, say, Hides and Mermaid Scales. Therefore, I never send anything that I am not comfortable parting with, although my friend deadpixel said that she has amassed a lot of Rainbow Alicorns by faithfully fulfilling the Elves's requests every day. It is up to you how much you are willing to send through the Outpost. I have 4 accounts, all of which unlocked the Elven Outpost probably around 6 months ago. So far only 2 have received enough Gold Runes to get a Rainbow Alicorn. I went for at least a month without received gold runes on any accounts, then in one day 2 of my accounts each got 2 runes. It's totally unpredictable.