View Poll Results: Do you like Leaderboard Events?

Voters
419. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

90 21.48%
  • NO!

311 74.22%
  • I do not care

18 4.30%
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Motherly Love Leaderboard Event May 3rd

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    I am a "gold/money spending people", and I don't appreciate S8 creating events that cause resentment or anger against players like me. I buy gold. I speed breed. I like to collect ALL Dragons. I prefer cooperative events, where we work with our friends and neighbors. My gold purchasing isn't held against me then, as it helps the whole community.
    I don't dislike leaderboard events, per se; I just don't like having a Dragon be the grand prize only a couple of people in your group can get. I think it would be more fun for us if we could work together in these small groups to meet milestones for Dragons, and have the top 3 prizes be combinations of food, gold, and some sort of trophy. period.
    I got the top prize last time; but I voted "NO" for another of the same type event. Since the event has already been planned, it is my hope that S8 will have made changes from last time, incorporating our feedback.
    Thanks, Annie
    Yes, I agree. It's not fair to pit people against each other or cause resentment between people who do or don't spend money on the game, for whatever reason. Because my funds are limited I choose to spend in certain areas....If I could spend more, believe me, there are plenty of things I would love to get. It was the dragons that initially drew me in and I'd love to have many that I don't have. I don't begrudge anyone who can put more money into the game than I can. Without people spending money we probably wouldn't have this game to play. The problem is with S8 and the way this was all set up. I hope they weighed the positives and negatives and user comments, etc from the first one and made some changes to this one so it's more enjoyable and fair for all players. And in having happier and more satisfied players they should find people more willing to spend a little extra too. If people are really unhappy they are more likely to stop playing or stop investing in the game.

I enjoyed the last leaderboard event.

1. I don't know how Storm8 decided the groups, but I found myself placed in a competitive group with the top-half of finishers playing a very similar style to me. (Translation - people that spend gold at a rate that suggests they have never purchased gold). I could tell people did spend gold to accelerate on occasion, but nobody in our group had scores anywhere close to some of those posted for the last event.

2. It required some rather dedicated attention to earn the points. But I find this no different than World Events or Tournaments. (Dragon Tales I find are generally a little less rigorous on requiring constant attention).

Farm Supplier
    Please note TL or Storm8 , I will purposely not be
    playing during the Mama Leaderboard competition.
    I will not compete with others for my Mama's love.
    I added up my credit card receipts.
    I have spent over $1000.00 on gold since I started playing DS 2 yrs ago. I could have gone on a vacation.
    I will also not spend gold for anything after this tournament.
    Last edited by CatSS4; 04-30-16 at 11:31 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 19sparkles96 View Post
    ATTENTION MODERATOR! If there is any info on changes that will be implemented this time around, such as hiding Storm8ID's etc. , can you please append that info to my Post #1? Thanks!
    I prefer to see Storm8IDs so I can invite and possibly have the players be neighbors.

Executive Chef
    I am a "gold/money spending people", and I don't appreciate S8 creating events that cause resentment or anger against players like me. I buy gold. I speed breed. I like to collect ALL Dragons. I prefer cooperative events, where we work with our friends and neighbors. My gold purchasing isn't held against me then, as it helps the whole community.
    I don't dislike leaderboard events, per se; I just don't like having a Dragon be the grand prize only a couple of people in your group can get. I think it would be more fun for us if we could work together in these small groups to meet milestones for Dragons, and have the top 3 prizes be combinations of food, gold, and some sort of trophy. period.
    I got the top prize last time; but I voted "NO" for another of the same type event. Since the event has already been planned, it is my hope that S8 will have made changes from last time, incorporating our feedback.
    Thanks, Annie

Hey Annie! I totally agree with everything you've said. I, too, am a gold spender and dragon collector. I have every dragon released so far, but I LOATHED the last leaderboard event with a passion. I was really hoping it was a one-off thing, but like others have said, it would be naive to think it won't happen again as S8 made a ton of money off it. I got the top prize and made an awesome new neighbour, but I felt very sorry for 3rd place and more so when the bottom three stopped playing. To only reward the top 2 with a dragon was unfair, and made me love the community events even more as working together is a lot more fun than against each other. Anyway that's my opinion, thanx for letting me rant.
    Rache

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks, Annie
    Well I have gold saved up, since I have all the gold producing dragons, but spending it without a certain limit isn't worth it for me, especially since I know some players would spend tons of it to get over 10,000 or 20,000 points on leaderboards.

I think it's fine when it's only 250 or even 500 for a gold-only habitat, but if it's without a limit, because there's no way to predict how much others will spend on your leaderboard, I won't even bother spending knowing that someone else will easily beat my points by just spending real money.

Anyways, I still won't spend gold on this event just to beat others' points for a merely dragon, which I already have tons of.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Farm Supplier
    Results on the poll are surprising. Shocked on how many like/approve this play style.

I voted no.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG812 View Post
    Results on the poll are surprising. Shocked on how many like/approve this play style.

I voted no.
    Agreed, my thoughts exactly if you look at my previous post a page or so back
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG812 View Post

I voted no.
    yes i'm surprised too : i thought we would have 80-90% voting NO.
    still we have 65% voting NO. but i think that people who stopped playing disgusted by the last leaderboard are missing in the votes
    and most of those who voted YES must be those who wasn't in 10000-20000 miles groups
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatFoot View Post
    Android and iOS players will be split in the next Leaderboard Event.
    so if i start leaderboard in Android, i'll be in Android group and after that i switch to my iPad and i will have a bonus (arctic isles) vs the other Android players ?
    really bad idea !
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast