Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Update : April 27 2016

Executive Chef
    well, i'm glad at least one waitperson is for coins! i think twin waiters and 1 waitress can probably cover a restaurant my size. they may have to hustle a bit though. although, i guess since all of the people who enter my restaurant turn out to be quintuplets, maybe it's not unreasonable that my waiters are triplets. once there's word on their size, of course.

i like that the waitress looks a little more dynamic than many of the characters.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    i like that the waitress looks a little more dynamic than many of the characters.
    Yeah, she has a bit of pep in her step!

The Honorable Panda
    Update on fancy waitpersons:

To be consistent with the sizing for avatars, the team has decided to make sure the avatar matches the same size as the host/hostess. This will be the size for all avatars going forward.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Not sure where you found that photo of the salad bar, but yes that's what it looks like. After seeing that photo I decided to roll the dice one more time & got it!

Not sure why the mushroom candy garden would be the #1 prize.

Does anyone know what the "Indoor Garden" or the "Spring Cake Display" looks like?

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post

To be consistent with the sizing for avatars, the team has decided to make sure the avatar matches the same size as the host/hostess. This will be the size for all avatars going forward.
    Thanks for the update, Kooky, but that doesn't solve the problem at all The problem was never with the size of the avatars; it was with the size of the new items.

Additionally, making the avatars bigger to match the new waitpersons will only make the older floor-decoration people, as well as the automated customers who eat at the restaurant, seem smaller in comparison. Unless S8 has plans to go back and enlarge all the other floor decorations featuring people (and there are years' worth of these!), and the customer sprites, it just makes no sense to selectively enlarge the avatars.

Is there any way the waitstaff can be made smaller? It seems like it would just be a matter of scaling them down just a bit. And, by extension, can the avatars be restored to their former size?
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Executive Chef

So are the waiter people in proportion to the dinning corner in this update or are they way bigger than it? Making the people suddenly bigger than all the decor isn't really a great fix. Guess going forward I will not spend gems on out of proportion people.

This makes me think I really should spend my money on tangible goods instead of pixelated dissapointment

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by butterngarlic View Post
    Not sure where you found that photo of the salad bar, but yes that's what it looks like. After seeing that photo I decided to roll the dice one more time & got it!

Does anyone know what the "Indoor Garden" or the "Spring Cake Display" looks like?
    The indoor garden is also very small and plain. It's a two by two.

Executive Chef
    Have to agree with pixiegamer & deekathleen. I applaud almost every effort to standardize the size of the characters, whether avatar, bot, or decor, but not this one. It's much more reasonable to make the current bot/avatar size the standard, since a good portion of the decor matches it, and make all future characters that size (excepting intentionally small children or elves or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    This makes me think I really should spend my money on tangible goods instead of pixelated disappointment
    You are obviously a much better shopper than I am if you've never found tangible goods disappointing.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by butterngarlic View Post

Indoor garden is next to the potted sunflower.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 04-28-16 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Fixed photos
    PLEASE CHECK OUT MY THREAD

Suggestions To Improve Game Experience HERE

Rhino Keeper

Spring Basket 2011(Removed)*

Common (4th prize, 54%)
    Fruit Basket
    Potted Sunflower
    Ice Bunny Sculpture

Uncommon (3rd prize, 35%)
    Salad Bar
    Indoor Garden

Rare (2nd prize, 10%)
    Spring Windmill
    Spring Cake Display

Exceptional (1st prize, 1%)
    Confection Garden
    The "Spring Windmill" is a 3rd place prize not 2nd...
    PLEASE MAKE THE GARDEN ARCHWAY AVAILABLE!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast