Thread: Catch 22. Any advice?

Rhino Keeper

Catch 22. Any advice?

I feel like I am stuck in a catch 22 situation. I have a difficult time collecting bombs to mine and collect runestones to expand. To get bombs I need to breed and hatch. To breed and hatch I need space to put the animals. To get space I need to expand. To expand I need runestones, which of course takes me back to needing bombs. I managed to move animals around and/or sell some doubles so I could sell a habitat and buy the beautiful new one. There are a few more doubles I suppose I can part with if I absolutely have to, lol. Yes, I get attached to certain ones....or hate letting go of more rare ones, even if they're doubles. Anyone have any advice on a better way to do this? Without spending gems on bombs? Thank you!

Executive Chef
    I haven't had to hard a time space wise. What I tend to do is breed the same element combo over and over again. That way I'm breeding and getting bombs and perhaps some new animals but it means I can sell the commons straight away and still get the bombs from them. So for example fire and rock gives loads of armordillos which I can sell straight away but use the bombs and just put fire and rock back in. If I get a new one great but then it's probs a while before I get an other new one if you are doing the same combo. Hope that made sense, I think I started to ramble lol

Fashion Designer
    Sell doubles. If you've got no more doubles to sell you can always sell (and repurchase with coins later)the pyro pony, Pandaffodil, rock rhino and Frostfang. Other commons and rares that are easy to sell and re breed are turtisle, Armorillo, fairy ferret.....

Also, buying the 4 creature habitats whenever possible. I don't as a rule spend gems on the creatures (except gem creature lately��) or battles or speeding anything. I do spend gems to have one of each habitat. Because they hold 4 creatures my space is maximized. I did pair down on a few of the 500,000 coin habitats as they are for trios with special elements and I never get the last creature of the trio. The first two of a trio can usually be placed in other habitats until there is room for such luxury as a large size habitat with only 0,1, or 2 creatures in it. ( I removed the dog park, day of the dead, music, and space habitats for these reasons and they can be repurchased with coins)

Farm Supplier
    You have to sell your doubles, especially common doubles. There is no point feeding valuable food to them and they are clogging up your available space

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you all for the advice. For the most part I do sell my doubles...There are just a couple that I love in baby form as well as adult form and I try to have both, but when in a pinch I will sell the baby figuring I can breed another one later. I don't feed them....just like their baby forms. I don't know why I have a hard time selling more rare doubles. At one point I had 6 gold lions I was hanging on to. Eventually sold the doubles to make space for other animals. I'm at the point where I am starting to accumulate coins....I tried to move animals around for the best collection of coins. But I think in my next expansion I'll have to use most of what I have on the cute little tree animal (can't remember what it's called right now). I hadn't thought about just breeding elements that produce mostly commons for the bombs and eventually getting something new out of it. I feel like I am always trying to breed for an event or limited animal and I do get a lot of commons I sell from that....just didn't occur to me to keep breeding the same ones in between. Great idea! And I do try to buy habitats that hold more animals and coins when I can. Unfortunately I didn't start out planning placement of things well and haven't upgraded some smaller habitats because I got them stuck where they are. I keep meaning to expand and use the extra spot to move things around and better use my space....but then there's a new habitat or I need another common one to breed and place for an event and the spot gets used and I have no way to move things around again. But if I keep up the breeding of commons regularly I should be able to expand a little more quickly and can hopefully rearrange and have space to work with. Thank you all again! I love that S8 players/communities are so friendly and helpful!

Executive Chef
    Good luck and glad you found everyone's advice helpful. You can also sell the evolution flower and do some rearranging then buy the flower back. It costs 500 coins and only takes 5 seconds to build.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrain1 View Post
    Good luck and glad you found everyone's advice helpful. You can also sell the evolution flower and do some rearranging then buy the flower back. It costs 500 coins and only takes 5 seconds to build.
    Oooh...that's a great idea too! Ty!