Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Gorgeous Globe Event!

Executive Chef
    1700 globes
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk1 View Post
    Lol you sure are speedy for someone on meds, congrats! Hoping to have mine tonight or first thing tomorrow morning..
    LOL! Well, off my feet alot, so it's easier to stay on top of. That, and I broke down and got a third nest.

Rhino Keeper
    I have 1084 globes so far. Hope to have time to get on a little more often for the quest and collecting from the statue...As well as battling. As it stands right now though I think I'd still be ok if I can't get on more often. I prefer to feel a little more secure in my numbers though.

I do have a question maybe someone can advise me on...I have a failed breeding that might be a Leo Dragon. It would be my first dragon of that type so I don't have that type of habitat yet. I did finally purchase a second nest and keep water eggs in it if nothing else is in it or going to be shortly. With a possible Leo fail and only 2 nests I'm worrying about falling behind on globes so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and build the habitat just in case so I'm not tying up a nest while it's building. I'm not even sure of the build time for that habitat. I figure if it's not a Leo sooner or later I'm bound to breed something that can go in it, right? Or do I wait to find out and just use 1 nest in the meantime? Grateful for any suggestions or advice. Ty!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by monbohn View Post
    I have 1084 globes so far. Hope to have time to get on a little more often for the quest and collecting from the statue...As well as battling. As it stands right now though I think I'd still be ok if I can't get on more often. I prefer to feel a little more secure in my numbers though.

I do have a question maybe someone can advise me on...I have a failed breeding that might be a Leo Dragon. It would be my first dragon of that type so I don't have that type of habitat yet. I did finally purchase a second nest and keep water eggs in it if nothing else is in it or going to be shortly. With a possible Leo fail and only 2 nests I'm worrying about falling behind on globes so I'm wondering if I should go ahead and build the habitat just in case so I'm not tying up a nest while it's building. I'm not even sure of the build time for that habitat. I figure if it's not a Leo sooner or later I'm bound to breed something that can go in it, right? Or do I wait to find out and just use 1 nest in the meantime? Grateful for any suggestions or advice. Ty!
    You would want to be sure that you have Leo 1st as both it and Social are 21 hours and I think the Zodiac habitat is 23 or 24 hours. EVen if you continue to put Water on spare nest the globe outcome would be roughly the same.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by monbohn View Post

Assuming you have the space and coins, I would go ahead and get a Zodiac Zone habitat. It costs 1,000,000 coins and takes 24 hours to build. As you said, you will have zodiac dragons at some point.

edited to add: I see random59 gives the opposite advice. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. Do what you want to do. Based on rarity, Leo (rare) is more likely than Social (super rare).
    Dragon Story level 200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy Forest Story level 200
    622 unique dragons hatched . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 342 unique animals hatched
    428 dragons at level 10 or higher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 154 animals at level 15

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MaribouMay View Post
    Assuming you have the space and coins, I would go ahead and get a Zodiac Zone habitat. It costs 1,000,000 coins and takes 24 hours to build. As you said, you will have zodiac dragons at some point.

edited to add: I see random59 gives the opposite advice. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer. Do what you want to do. Based on rarity, Leo (rare) is more likely than Social (super rare).
    The reason I posted differently to you was if it were Social and they were tight on habitats re limits etc there was only a short time frame of 3 hours difference but I totally agree with you if they have ample room, go for it and buy the habitat. My sons game is lvl 134 and has yet to breed a Zodiac.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you both. You both have good points. I don't have tons of space, but during the last Tales I gained a lot of new neighbors and find I'm now collecting maps quickly instead of sometimes waiting and waiting to collect enough from the few active neighbors I had. So in the meantime I've built up an ok amount of coins too. So I should be able to expand quicker now. I keep going back and forth....at this rate the egg will be ready before I ever decide, lol. Since the habitat doesn't take days or anything....just about the same amount of time as whatever I'm hatching I suppose I'd be ok to wait and if it's Leo I can build the habitat while he's in the nest. Either way, Leo or Social, it's a good fail for me since I don't have either of those yet.

Fashion Designer
    off topic a bit: recently i am seeing quite a number of social... don't know why (and i only bred one zodiac, leo, as of today)

back to topic

i was on vacation recently, and just returned to normal life today. so my playing time had been greatly reduced, only at 10xx today!
    a bit worried if i can collect the final individual prize...

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by lnztrekfan View Post
    You can! I did the math and I'm hoping I'm correct. I'm assuming you have 7 large farms.
    There are 6 days left plus 1 hr right now. In 6 days there are 144 hrs. In those hrs you can plant 20 hr crops 7 times with 4 hrs to spare.
    If you keep planted the whole time and set an alarm to replant. You can get:
    20 globes x 7 farms = 140 globes each planting x 7 times planted = 980 globes
    4 hrs left over do 1 hr plantings 4hrs x 7 farms = 28 globes
    So with planting you would get 1,008 globes.

Questing gives 8 globes every 3 hrs (plant before you go to bed & right when you wake up)
    If you can send 4 quests a day over the 6 days you will get 192 globes. (32globes a day x 6 days)
    If you can send 5 you will get 240 globes. (40 globes x 6)

Collecting from dragon spring gives 5 every 3 hrs (collect before bed & in the morning)
    If you can collect 4 times a day over 6 days you will get 120 globes. (4 x 5= 20 globes a day x 6 days)
    If you can collect 5 times a day you will get 150. (5 x 5= 25 g/day x 6 days)

If you keep an egg on nest the whole time. Let's just say water egg. You can purchase in the market. They take 12 hrs to hatch. Over the course of 6 days you can hatch a water dragon 12 times. 12 globes x 12 hatches = 144 globes

You currently as of post time have 617 globes.
    617 globes + 1,008 globes from planting = 1625
    1625 + 192 questing globes = 1817
    1817 + 120 collection globes = 1937
    1937 + 144 hatching globes = 2081

You only need 2000 for grand prize. You will have more than needed. Hope this helps! And please feel free anyone to check my math!!
    This doesn't take into consideration any you can get battling. That's 2 per win. Also doesn't count on wheel spins.
    Wow! I've never even spread my collecting out like to see how much I get a day, per type of collecting just a guesstimate of roughly what I think I'll get daily.

I will end today with 1,005 globes. If I at least manage 200 globes a day, I can do this! Yay! I really want the Sky Dragon.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy91810 View Post
    Wow! I've never even spread my collecting out like to see how much I get a day, per type of collecting just a guesstimate of roughly what I think I'll get daily.

I will end today with 1,005 globes. If I at least manage 200 globes a day, I can do this! Yay! I really want the Sky Dragon.
    You need an average of 182 per day each day of the event, so you can work out where you should be by now and how much you need to catch up, then with lnztrekfan's great analysis, you can plan your path. You can do it!

I never plant 20 hour crops because the pay off is too meagre for my liking, but you may have to, depends how many times a day you can harvest. I plant 5 hour crops four times with some rushrooms thrown in if I can.
    Last edited by DeeDe99; 04-28-16 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Fix the dreaded typos