Page 47 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: The Trade Wagon - Glimmer Alicorn changes

Rhino Keeper
    I keep reading these and shaking my head.

Another game I play did something similar. We all bought gems to gain certain objects. Then they changed the output of those items. Lots of complaints on facebook....and then they turned around and gave us amazing daily bonuses for a while until they were able to do a major update. It was close to two months.

And, to top it off, they "rewarded" us with a gem confirmation button. No more accidental purchases.

I'm holding out that S8 steps up, does the ethical thing and returns the alicorns to the original glory, but after the silence of the wedding alicorn I doubt they have a moral button in their body.

I'm overly frustrated over every game needing constant play even during sleeping hours to get a goal at this point. They are taking the fun of of it and destroying the games.

Farm Supplier
    This was not a compromise; it was a punishment.

Executive Chef
    I'm just tuning into this and realizing the depth of the problem. This is shameful. S8 you've really shown your true colors. You refuse to correct the gem traps, indulge in bait and switch practices and change your rules when it suits you. This is just plain wrong and you know it. If you're trying to crash this game, why don't you just stop making updates?

Please stop trying to make money using deceitful practices. Your mothers are weeping for your poor moral and ethical values.
    Proud member of the Thuakie Sword Society. Close and personal friend of The Great Thuan.

Rhino Keeper
    Another 5 energy from my ali, so looks like that will be the norm for the drops from it.

Wish i was more social media savvy as i have tweeted about this shocking u-turn and put #storm8baitandswitch on the end.
    Oh i wish it catches on and makes these money grabbers take notice of what they have done.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmz View Post
    Hi all, an (as of today) ex-player. I won't rehash what has been said MANY times about this situation (and the wedding Ali, etc.). This was "it" for me (changing my Ali's to random energy) so I am "abandoning the game. ((snipped.))

Mind you, some (a lot?) of you may not remember how this (the bait and switch and/or we can do whatever we want) all started so let me give you a little historical background...brought to you courtesy of AMAZON!!
    A few years ago Amazon sold an e-book to a LOT of their customers. I don't remember the details about WHY (not important in the context) but they (overnight, sounds familiar?) deleted it from the Kindle's of the legitimate purchasers (no, the book was NOT called "The Tale of the Wedding Alicorn"!! ��). A lot of consternation ensued (some sounding a lot like what we've been reading here) but in the end Amazon got away with saying the customer did not OWN what they had bought!!!!!
    I am sure that somebody in this forum can expand on the Amazon story (as I don't remember it very well, except for the SOUR taste it left in my mouth).
    SO, in closing...to my neighbors, I will miss you. To the forum members, thanks for the inumerable hints and help over the years. To S8, hope you change your ways before they take you to the unemployment line..........
    You left off a significant part of the Amazon story. They had to delete the books because it was sold illegally, without the rights of publisher. In addition, they refunded the $$ to those who bought it. Later, they apologized for how they handled it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonkaland99 View Post

This would no doubt be horrendously difficult to implement in practice, but justice is not always easy. It could also cause an outcry from those who already have a herd of alis and thousands of units of energy but omelette/eggs.

I don't care about the game or alicorns anymore. I just want my money back. As for the game I'm done.

Whoa really? Really.

S8 have stooped low again, can't help but imagine them sit back and smile at the forum. They've gotten away with all they've done so far, confident will get away with this too.

Well, this descent is lower, S8, who knows what will happen next?

Fashion Designer
    Could this be in response to that thread where it was proven that there is no energy cap at 9999? Let me see if I can find it......

Also, if anyone does figure out a way to bring a lawsuit against them.....COUNT ME IN!! I have hundreds of dollars invested in this game!!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    Could this be in response to that thread where it was proven that there is no energy cap at 9999? Let me see if I can find it......
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....nergy-problem-)