Page 38 of 89 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: The Trade Wagon - Glimmer Alicorn changes

Rhino Keeper
    The really stupid thing S8 have done is alienated all the players willing to pay to play the game.

I really want my money back and am seeking to do so

So your soution was to make EVERYTHING WORSE????? This is blatant bad faith! And what about people who crafted glimmer ali thinking they had soecific carateristic? S8 is making themselves looking at best incompetent, and at worst deliberately literally picking money form the ocket f their costumers! I can't even stan how outraged i am right now! And how convenient that the item that we paid gem (a WHOLE LOT OF THEM) is not exactly the one that's creating so much problems! I hope nobidy at S8 remotely believes that this is it, because i for one intend to create as much problem for the company over this as i possibly could!

Also "BEACAUSE WE SAID SO" is an extremely disrepectful answer to give to anyone over the age of 2, s8. You should really have more consideration. This i SO FAR FROM OVER!

New Resident
    I have also been here from the start, I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game alone, over the years, But you are correct, It's time to go! This is the beginning of the end for this game. Thanks for the fun S8, but I'm done with your games!

Glimmer Alicorns

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Once we know the time for sure, we will update the thread. Most likely 12 PM, but this may change.
    One update already. Glimmer Alicorns now only dropping 4 energy instead of 40!!!

Well, true to form, S8 kept us waiting and waiting for them to "fix" the change of 50 tokens to craft a purple Alicorn and the fact the Beastbane and MRC were basically a gem scam due to the bait and switch changes, so they "fix" their unfair business practices by taking more away, no more 40 energy from our hard won and paid for purple Alicorns. We get upset so they take more away. WOW

It would be illegal for a company to bust into your house and take back half of the goods you purchased a month ago because THEY changed their minds about the price or quantity. WHY IS THIS ANY DIFFERENT FROM BASICALLY A THIEF COMING INTO YOUR HOME AND STEALING SOMETHING YOU HAD PAID FOR AND IS YOURS. It isn't.

Rhino Keeper
    I just touched my alicorn to get absolutely nothing from it, 0! Thought wth and came here. Wow S8 that isnt a compromise that is a neuter.

And I thought after the wedding ali debacle something like that could never happen again!

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by susiepetcat View Post
    One update already. Glimmer Alicorns now only dropping 4 energy instead of 40!!!
    Tried mine out, only dropped 4. Price gone up, reward gone down, glad I got it when it was only 5 Troll tokens. Hey ho, that's life! Hope this next event makes up for it

So my two cents is this...WRONG, UNETHICAL, CRASS.. as a long time player I was finally able to have enough energy to make the game really enjoyable again. Since my kingdom is fully grown and still limited energy makes it rather bland just trying to max out everything. Anyone with over 5 glimmer alicorns has no room in the limited space to really enjoy the game long term anyway in my opinion. Those of us that actually bought what was advertised did so for a reason to enjoy the game more. I never bought energy after level 30 because frankly at that point you don't have much use for it unless you have made personal goals for yourself. The challenges in this game in higher levels are ones you set for yourself. When this game started you u got more energy as you level up because you earned it. Long time players like myself have been stuck at level 50 for years now with no energy increases and not enough room on the board to display our hard work.. I tolerated that because I made my own goals. I thought this was a way to balance for those in my situation. I had even accepted that I would never get the love shack because I started one lousy week to late. But to take way something that we bought or earned like it advertised is just plane well you fill in the blank.. The last time I was at a store with an ad in hand that was wrong they honored what was printed. Seems to me that online should work the same. Need to decide about what to do here but I can say I will make no more cash purchase here unless this is fixed

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin1 View Post
    Tried mine out, only dropped 4. Price gone up, reward gone down, glad I got it when it was only 5 Troll tokens. Hey ho, that's life! Hope this next event makes up for it
    the price is now 25 troll tokens. It still says one time only though.

Glimmer alicorn now drop random amount of energy. but it looks like it is not the same as pink/wedding/glimmeregg/flowerpower alis.

Farm Supplier
    I'm afraid this is gonna be a long post.. I'm a long time player, that have spent a lot of money on this game, especially in the beginning. Thanks to my spendings early on I have a solid account and don't really need to spend so much nowadays. I know I'm therefore not a valued customer for S8, even though I have spent WAY more than on any other game in my life! For me there's absolutely no way this was not intended all along and here's why, at least my theory. S8 did an easy analyse of their players ( an easy SQL-query) that showed them paying customer that had build the kitchen. Those who hadn't but was near to be able to build it, did get a super offer. I was close and got a $5 offer for 10 or 5 tokens exactly what I need to build the kitchen, felt like a good investment so I took it.

I admit I felt a bit stupid when monster season 5 began and regretted my kitchen purchase(since I could have bought MRC instead..). Since I was starting on zero gold token I made an early call to not stress out about MRC and let it go for this time. I'm happy now over my choice! But boy do I feel sorry for the people spending a ####-load of money to go be able to buy MRC and g'alis! I'm truly sorry for you! I think it's fair to assume a lot of players where in the same situation as me, i.e had just bought the kitchen and had a low stack of golden tokens.. which required big spending purchases of gems to fast being able to make g'alis. This WAS S8 plan all along!

Inevitable they did announce an error on their side, more than four weeks after! Saying:

>>The Glimmer Alicorn was not intended to be unlimited and with a guaranteed Energy refill. To address this and ensure the prolonged quality of the game, we had to make a few immediate changes to this item.>>

I know I wasn't trapped this time, but still I feel really insulted by this explanation. If they think I buy their story, they must really think I'm stupid, hence why I feel insulted! I understand they need to make a revenue and run a profitable business, but if they want me as a player this is not the way to go. Yes a g'ali giving 40 energy every day for five tokens is bad business for you, but don't offer it this way and announce the change four weeks later, you seriously don't see any issues with a fraud-like behaviour like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtiger333 View Post
    What they should have done was leave the ones already purchased as is, allow everyone to get one more & then release the unlimited nerfed version in a different shade of purple.

Another company did that once bc they released something and then realized it was overpowered: They let those who bought them keep as is and any new purchases got the nerfed version -- they admitted their error and maintained their economy balance when they realized they messed up. People were initially upset, if they missed out, but nobody felt ripped off. Thats what a company does when they care about their customers: find a balance or compromise.

Storm8 could have (and should have) done the same thing bc it is likely that a lower % of people bought oodles of purple alicorns and those that have oodles likely spent real cash. That person who has over 10 is going to be angry when they realize they spend their hard earned $$ on something that changed after they bought it. Its quite unlikely that someone got that many alicorns without spending their own $$.

I loved having my 4 alicorns, now not so much. I had a month to get used to actually being able to do everything on my land and now its back to picking and choosing. Its going to be extremely difficult going back to a lesser version of the game. Thanks.....
    This would have been an acceptable solution! It's good for both sides, especially for them who spent real money to get g'alis in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    I think they knew exactly what they were doing. Or at least had a clue. When word spread, people bought gems to get tokens for the MRC, for crafting alis, and for the beastbane (all for the chance to make Alis even out of hunting season).

Because storm 8 even went so far as to ASSURE players that they would be able to continue crafting them out of season. Nowhere did they say it would be just one alicorn. Nowhere did it say, the energy drops are for a limited time only! Because if they had, then people would not have invested actual cash in them. Storm8 knew that, there is no doubt about it.
    I can only imagine how much money they raked in! Unfortunately, as long as it's profitable, the dirty tricks will continue.

What I don't understand is why they decided to derail the gravy train. People WERE spending money to get the 40 energy alicorns. I seriously don't trust them enough to spend money on anything anymore (thus I have only one special dragon), and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
    Hopefully people will remember this next time a "too good to be true" deal comes along. I know I will.

The last monster hunt made me excited about this game for the first time in a long time. But now? My neighbors and the friendships I've made are the reason I keep playing.

That, and curiousity. I really wish they would just get back to the main story line and finish it up already. Then they could start castle story 2 and I could say buh-bye!
    Couldn't have said it better myself!

I don't know really what I should round up this post with. One thing is for sure I have a hard time to see any gem purchases in the near future. I also think I will spend less time playing this game, I mean for me it makes absolutely no sense to buy the MRC now since it "only" provide dragons(yes have 13 of those...) and one measly unicorn that apparently can give as little as no energy. Why would I spend 95 tokens on that? Then I thought I really like this game so why don't I save up to the cabbage hut instead? Well... why should I... when it's time to buy it will it really gives me cabbages? So S8 if you want me to keep playing you really need to address the trust issues you have managed to create.
    Last edited by Thorgal; 05-20-16 at 01:18 AM.