Page 27 of 89 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: The Trade Wagon - Glimmer Alicorn changes

Farm Supplier
    I'm following this thread from the beginning but I personally don't feel too involved yet since I don't have the MRC. I don't have enough gold tokens at the moment but I planned to get the MRC on the next monster hunt, it will maybe change my plans.

Has anybody ever considered that *maybe* they will make gold tokens drop more often/ more easily, meaning the 50 GT needed for an alicorn will be much easier to reach?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by nebulousju View Post
    I'm following this thread from the beginning but I personally don't feel too involved yet since I don't have the MRC. I don't have enough gold tokens at the moment but I planned to get the MRC on the next monster hunt, it will maybe change my plans.

Has anybody ever considered that *maybe* they will make gold tokens drop more often/ more easily, meaning the 50 GT needed for an alicorn will be much easier to reach?
    I like your thinking - oh was that an alicorn or a FLYING PIG that whizzed across the screen?

About as likely as a gem confirmation button or a level playing field for Android.

Rhino Keeper
    I really hope they listen and reconsider some changes. I would really like everyone to be able to get at least one at a more reasonable price

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Elen4070 View Post
    I really hope they listen and reconsider some changes. I would really like everyone to be able to get at least one at a more reasonable price
    Ditto!
    All current players should have equal access. Whether they personally choose to have one or multiple alis, it should be the players' choice.

What happened was that some players had a stockpile of gold coins (probably saving for the only thing they were good for - the cooking camp), then a grand opportunity came along. Players who for one reason or another didn't have a stockpile (many had just purchased the cooking camp), got locked out. In the past, when that happened, as in the wedding Ali, S8 took away our alis to even things out (I am NOT saying they should do the same in this instance. That would be incredibly mean, plus they would never give back all those gems.). Since they obviously can't do that in this instance, they need to provide players with a reasonable opportunity.

<soapbox>
    The issue here, is not isolated to the MRC, it is the classic "bait and switch" marketing scheme that S8 is continuing to use. They marketed the BBD and MRC as providing items of value for a fixed cost, then after collecting a player's real world money, they change the cost of "item of value" and appear to expect people to "just accept it".

It's like the following analogy: if a car manufacturer markets a vehicle as getting 100 miles/gallon on average for a cost of double a normal car, you buy the car for the sticker price with the expectation of getting around that gas mileage ... and you do, until your first oil change, then you start getting an average of 10 miles/gallon. At that point, you contact the manufacturer and ask what's going on. The manufacturer says they will respond to you in a few days, so you wait. After a week, they tell you they are aware there is an issue and ask you to wait until they make an announcement sometime in the future. More time goes by with no solid answer. At this point, as a consumer, your next call would be to a lawyer.

Bottom line, S8, the longer you take to fix this mess, the more customers you will lose. More importantly, ignoring your customers and using "bait-and-switch" tactics is just poor business practices. I've spent more of my hard-earned $'s on this game than any other game I have played because it's fun. This is the most expensive "free game" I have played as most computer/console games are less than $100 and there are usually no further costs to play those types of games. I know me personally threatening to not spend any more of my $'s will not make anyone at S8 lose any sleep tonight, but I don't think I'm the only person feeling "burnt" from this. Many other long term players have spent much more that I have and are far more irritated.

It is time for S8 to start behaving more professional and stand up, communicate better and fix this mess.
    </soapbox>
    Last edited by unixdude; 05-16-16 at 10:19 AM. Reason: changed wording

We're still looking into this and will have a resolution this week. Thank you guys so much for your patience and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused!
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by unixdude View Post
    <soapbox>
    The issue here, is not isolated to the MRC, it is the classic "bait and switch" marketing scheme that S8 is continuing to use. They marketed the BBD and MRC as providing items of value for a fixed cost, then after collecting a player's real world money, they change the cost of "item of value" and appear to expect people to "just accept it".

It's like the following analogy: if a car manufacturer markets a vehicle as getting 100 miles/gallon on average for a cost of double a normal car, you buy the car for the sticker price with the expectation of getting around that gas mileage ... and you do, until your first oil change, then you start getting an average of 10 miles/gallon. At that point, you contact the manufacturer and ask what's going on. The manufacturer says they will respond to you in a few days, so you wait. After a week, they tell you they are aware there is an issue and ask you to wait until they make an announcement sometime in the future. More time goes by with no solid answer. At this point, as a consumer, your next call would be to a lawyer.

Bottom line, S8, the longer you take to fix this mess, the more customers you will lose. More importantly, ignoring your customers and using "bait-and-switch" tactics is just poor business practices. I've spent more of my hard-earned $'s on this game than any other game I have played because it's fun. This is the most expensive "free game" I have played as most computer/console games are less than $100 and there are usually no further costs to play those types of games. I know me personally threatening to not spend any more of my $'s will not make anyone at S8 lose any sleep tonight, but I don't think I'm the only person feeling "burnt" from this. Many other long term players have spent much more that I have and are far more irritated.

It is time for S8 to start behaving more professional and stand up, communicate better and fix this mess.
    </soapbox>
    Could not have put it better myself, Look what is happening to Volkswagon they will pay back customers losing them millions because they lied.

Even the "were still looking into it" to me suggests they know what they did and are now trying to back peddle the best they can, Because if it was a glitch or bug surely it would be better to say that it was a bug then just to keep people guessing on what the problem is.

Rhino Keeper
    Totally agree unixdude.

As you say - and put more simply perhaps - we bought, using gems purchased with real money, 2 items which we were told would do function X and Y. Ie buy an alicorn for 5 tokens/ drop gold tokens. We were not informed of any chance of these items functions could be limited or changed in the future at the time we purchased them. Indeed many players ONLY purchased the items because they believed the items would be advantageous to the gameplay and, as such, believed the items to be worth their cost in REAL money.

S8 changed that , without any warning, so both items no longer gave the advantages they were bought for. Players would not have bought the items if they knew they would be changed within a couple of months.

I am sure it is covered somewhere legally by s8 in the small print - but I cannot find any reference to s8 being able to adjust, at any time, without consultation, the usefulness of items that were PURCHASED for MONEY by players.

As unixdude says -
    anything else we purchased that became virtually useless within months because of changes made by the company who manufactured it would have us queueing up outside a solicitors door.

The items no longer fulfil the purposes for which they were purchased and should be restored to their original state - that's why we bought them.

If they were Selling an item and knew they were going to significantly change it to the buyers detriment within months, and did not tell us this could happen, I would think their actions could be considered fraudulent.
    Last edited by scavaig; 05-16-16 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Spellings

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    We're still looking into this and will have a resolution this week. Thank you guys so much for your patience and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused!
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Elen4070; 05-16-16 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Completed my sentence!

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Why is this taking so long? This thread was opened on 18-Apr-2016, today is 16-May-2016, almost a month later, 280+ posts, with no resolution and extremely vague responses like this are simply "attempting to put out a forest fire by pouring gasoline on it". Please do not take this as a personal attack, but the company you work for needs to get a clue and figure this out ASAP. No visible or easy to locate, communication to the customer makes it appear that nothing is being done.